- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Recently Accepted Articles ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
Journal of Electrical and Computer Engineering
Volume 2013 (2013), Article ID 635086, 11 pages
A Study on the Optimal Receiver Impedance for SNR Maximization in Broadband PLC
Dipartimento di Ingegneria Elettrica Gestionale e Meccanica (DIEGM), Università di Udine, 33100 Udine, Italy
Received 27 July 2012; Revised 31 October 2012; Accepted 13 December 2012
Academic Editor: Moises V. Ribeiro
Copyright © 2013 Massimo Antoniali et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- F. J. Cañete, J. A. Cortés, L. Díez, and J. T. Entrambasaguas, “Analysis of the cyclic short-term variation of indoor power line channels,” IEEE Journal on Selected Areas in Communications, vol. 24, no. 7, pp. 1327–1338, 2006.
- H. C. Ferreira, L. Lampe, J. Newbury, and T. G. Swart, Power Line Communications: Theory and Applications for Narrowband and Broadband Communications over Power Lines, Wiley & Sons, New York, NY, USA, 2010.
- N. Taherinejad, R. Rosales, S. Mirabbasi, and L. Lampe, “On the design of impedance matching circuits for vehicular power line communication systems,” in Proceedings of the IEEE International Symposium on Power Line Communications and Its Applications (ISPLC '12 ), pp. 322–327, March 2012.
- P. A. Janse van Rensburg and H. C. Ferreira, “Design of a bidirectional impedance-adapting transformer coupling circuit for low-voltage power-line communications,” IEEE Transactions on Power Delivery, vol. 20, no. 1, pp. 64–70, 2005.
- A. M. Tonello and F. Versolatto, “Bottom-up statistical PLC channel modeling—part I: random topology model and efficient transfer function computation,” IEEE Transactions on Power Delivery, vol. 26, no. 2, pp. 891–898, 2011.
- Maxim, “Integrated powerline communication analog front-end transceiver and line driver,” http://www.maximic.com/datasheet/index.mvp/id/6333.
- P. G. M. Baltus and R. Dekker, “Optimizing RF front ends for low power,” Proceedings of the IEEE, vol. 88, no. 10, pp. 1546–1559, 2000.
- J. Bauwelinck, E. de Backer, C. Mèlange et al., “A 1024-QAM analog front-end for broadband powerline communication up to 60 MHz,” IEEE Journal of Solid-State Circuits, vol. 44, no. 5, pp. 1477–1485, 2009.
- B. Razavi, RF Microelectronics, Prentice Hall, 1998.
- C. Bowick, RF Circuit Design, Newnes, 1982.
- L. W. Couch, Digital and Analog Communication Systems, Prentice Hall, 1997.
- R. Hashmat, P. Pagani, and T. Chonavel, “MIMO communications for inhome PLC networks: measurements and results up to 100 MHz,” in Proceedings of the IEEE International Symposium on Power Line Communications and Its Applications (ISPLC '10), pp. 120–124, March 2010.
- A. Papoulis, Probability, Random Variables, and Stochastic Processes, McGraw-Hill, 1991.
- H. T. Friis, “Noise figures of radio receivers,” Proceedings of the IRE, vol. 32, no. 7, pp. 419–422, 1944.
- W. F. Egan, Practical RF System Design, John Wiley & Sons, 2003.
- D. M. Pozar, Microwave Engineering, Wiley Academy, 2004.
- S. Boyd, Convex Optimization, Cambridge University Press, 2004.
- A. M. Tonello and F. Versolatto, “PLC channel characterization up to 300 MHz: frequency response and access impedance,” in Proceedings of the IEEE Global Communications Conference (GLOBECOM '12), December 2012.