- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Articles in Press ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
Journal of Electrical and Computer Engineering
Volume 2013 (2013), Article ID 746763, 11 pages
Enhancements of G3-PLC Technology for Smart-Home/Building Applications
Dipartimento di Ingegneria Elettrica, Gestionale e Meccanica (DIEGM), Università di Udine, 33100 Udine, Italy
Received 30 September 2012; Accepted 19 December 2012
Academic Editor: Ahmed Zeddam
Copyright © 2013 Luca Di Bert et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- European Commission, Energy 2020—A Strategy for Competitive, Sustainable and Secure Energy, 2010.
- L. Lampe, A. Tonello, and D. Shaver, “Power line communications for automation networks and smart grid,” IEEE Communications Magazine, vol. 49, no. 12, pp. 26–27, 2011.
- A. Zaballos, A. Vallejo, and J. Selga, “Heterogeneous communication architecture for the smart grid,” IEEE Network, vol. 25, no. 5, pp. 30–37, 2011.
- H. C. Ferreira, L. Lampe, J. Newbury, and T. G. Swart, Power Line Communications: Theory and Applications for Narrowband and Broadband Communications Over Power Lines, Wiley & Sons, New York, NY, USA, 2010.
- V. C. Gungor, D. Sahin, T. Kocak, et al., “Smart grid technologies: communication technologies and standards,” IEEE Transactions on Industrial Informatics, vol. 7, no. 4, pp. 529–539, 2011.
- M. M. Rahman, C. S. Hong, S. Lee, J. Lee, M. A. Razzaque, and J. H. Kim, “Medium access control for power line communications: an overview of the IEEE 1901 and ITU-T G.hn standards,” IEEE Communications Magazine, vol. 49, no. 6, pp. 183–191, 2011.
- HomeGrid Forum, G.hn—Compatibility with Existing Home Networking Technologies, 2009.
- V. Suraci, A. Cimmino, R. Colella, G. Oddi, and M. Castrucci, “Convergence in home gigabit networks: implementation of the inter-MAC layer as a pluggable kernel module,” in Proceedings of the IEEE 21st International Symposium on Personal Indoor and Mobile Radio Communications (PIMRC '10), pp. 2569–2574, Istanbul, Turkey, September 2010.
- V. Miori, L. Tarrini, M. Manca, and G. Tolomei, “An open standard solution for domotic interoperability,” IEEE Transactions on Consumer Electronics, vol. 52, no. 1, pp. 97–103, 2006.
- S. Wolff, P. G. Larsen, K. Lausdahl, A. Ribeiro, and T. S. Toftegaard, “Facilitating home automation through wireless protocol interoperability,” in Proceedings of the International Symposium on Wireless Personal. Multimedia Communications, September 2009.
- D. Elshani and P. Francq, “The anatomy of a universal domotics integrator for globally interconnected devices,” in Proceedings of the International Conference on Pervasive Systems and Computing, pp. 17–23, June 2006.
- S. Tompros, N. Mouratidis, M. Draaijer, A. Foglar, and H. Hrasnica, “Enabling applicability of energy saving applications on the appliances of the home environment,” IEEE Network, vol. 23, no. 6, pp. 8–15, 2009.
- IEEE P1905. 1/D06, IEEE Draft Standard for A Convergent Digital Home Network for Heterogeneous Technologies, IEEE, 2012.
- IEEE Standards Associacion, IEEE Std. 802. 11-2012—Part 11: Wireless LAN Medium Access Control (MAC) and Physical Layer (PHY) Specifications, IEEE, 2012,.
- L. Chang, White Paper—Making of IEEE 802. 3 Compliant Equipment, National Semiconductor, 2003.
- Multimedia over Coax Allinace, MoCA 1. 1 Specification for Device RF Characteristics, 2012.
- ZigBee Alliance, ZigBee and Wireless Radio Frequency Coexistence, 2008.
- HomePlug Powerline Alliance, HomePlug AV White Paper, 2005.
- ZigBee Alliance and HomePlug Powerline Alliance liaison, Smart Energy Profile Version 2. 0 Technical Requirements, 2012.
- ERDF, PLC G3 Physical Layer Specification.
- ERDF, PLC G3 MAC Layer Specification.
- V. Oksman and J. Zhang, “G.HNEM: the new ITU-T standard on narrowband PLC technology,” IEEE Communications Magazine, vol. 49, no. 12, pp. 36–44, 2011.
- L. D. Bert, S. D’Alessandro, and A. M. Tonello, “An Interconnection approach and performance tests for in-home PLC networks,” in Proceedings of the IEEE International Symposium on Power Line Communications and Its Applications, Bejing, China, March 2012.
- IEEE Std 802. 15. 4-2006, Part 15. 4: Wireless Medium Access Control (MAC) and Physical Layer (PHY) Specifications for Low-Rate Wireless Personal Area Networks (WPANs), IEEE, 2006.
- A. Varga, OMNeT++ User Manual, 2011.
- INET Framework For OMNeT++ Manual, 2012.
- MAX2990 Integrated Power-Line Digital Transceiver Programming Manual, Maxim Integrated Products, 2010.
- G. Bianchi, “IEEE 802. 11-saturation throughput analysis,” IEEE Communications Letters, vol. 2, no. 12, pp. 318–320, 1998.
- S. Boyd and L. Vandenberghe, Convex Optimization, Cambridge University Press, 2004.