- About this Journal
- Abstracting and Indexing
- Aims and Scope
- Article Processing Charges
- Articles in Press
- Author Guidelines
- Bibliographic Information
- Citations to this Journal
- Contact Information
- Editorial Board
- Editorial Workflow
- Free eTOC Alerts
- Publication Ethics
- Submit a Manuscript
- Subscription Information
- Table of Contents
Journal of Energy
Volume 2013 (2013), Article ID 608797, 10 pages
Synthesis of Petroleum-Based Fuel from Waste Plastics and Performance Analysis in a CI Engine
1Department of Mechanical Engineering, NIT Calicut, Kerala 673601, India
2School of Nano Science and Technology, NIT Calicut, Kerala 673601, India
Received 26 February 2013; Revised 18 June 2013; Accepted 18 July 2013
Academic Editor: Gang Quan
Copyright © 2013 Christine Cleetus et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- A. K. Panda, R. K. Singh, and D. K. Mishra, “Thermolysis of waste plastics to liquid fuel: a suitable method for plastic waste management and manufacture of value added products: a world prospective,” Renewable and Sustainable Energy Reviews, vol. 14, no. 1, pp. 233–248, 2010.
- A. R. Songip, T. Masuda, H. Kuwahara, and K. Hashimoto, “Test to screen catalysts for reforming heavy oil from waste plastics,” Applied Catalysis B, vol. 2, no. 2-3, pp. 153–164, 1993.
- G. Manos, A. Garforth, and J. Dwyer, “Catalytic degradation of high-density polyethylene on an ultrastable-Y zeolite. Nature of initial polymer reactions, pattern of formation of gas and liquid products, and temperature effects,” Industrial and Engineering Chemistry Research, vol. 39, no. 5, pp. 1203–1208, 2000.
- M. A. Uddin, K. Koizumi, K. Murata, and Y. Sakata, “Thermal and catalytic degradation of structurally different types of polyethylene into fuel oil,” Polymer Degradation and Stability, vol. 56, no. 1, pp. 37–44, 1997.
- M. R. Jan, J. Shah, and H. Gulab, “Catalytic degradation of Waste high-density polyethylene into fuel products using BaCO3 as a catalyst,” Fuel Processing Technology, vol. 91, no. 11, pp. 1428–1437, 2010.
- N. S. Akpanudoh, K. Gobin, and G. Manos, “Catalytic degradation of plastic waste to liquid fuel over commercial cracking catalysts: effect of polymer to catalyst ratio/acidity content,” Journal of Molecular Catalysis A, vol. 235, no. 1-2, pp. 67–73, 2005.
- H. Gulab, M. R. Jan, J. Shah, and G. Manos, “Plastic catalytic pyrolysis to fuels as tertiary polymer recycling method: effect of process conditions,” Journal of Environmental Science and Health, vol. 45, no. 7, pp. 908–915, 2010.