- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Articles in Press ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
Journal of Environmental and Public Health
Volume 2012 (2012), Article ID 203141, 9 pages
Built Environment and Its Influences on Walking among Older Women: Use of Standardized Geographic Units to Define Urban Forms
1Population Research Center and Institute of Metropolitan Studies, Portland State University, P.O. Box 751, Portland, OR 97207, USA
2Department of Public Health and Preventive Medicine, Oregon Health & Science University, 3181 SW Sam Jackson Park Road, Mail Code CB 669, Portland, OR 97239, USA
3Kaiser Permanente Center for Health Research, Northwest/Hawaii, 3800 N. Interstate Avenue, Portland, OR 97227, USA
4Metro Data Resource Center, 600 NE Grand Avenue, Portland, OR 97232, USA
5Department of Epidemiology and Biostatistics, Drexel University School of Public Health, 1505 Race Street, MS 1033, Philadelphia, PA 19102, USA
Received 4 January 2012; Accepted 12 June 2012
Academic Editor: David Strogatz
Copyright © 2012 Vivian W. Siu et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
Citations to this Article [2 citations]
The following is the list of published articles that have cited the current article.
- Ana Isabel Ribeiro, Richard Mitchel, Marília Sá Carvalho, and Maria de Fátima de Pina, “Physical activity-friendly neighbourhood among older adults from a medium size urban setting in Southern Europe,” Preventive Medicine, 2013.
- Yvonne L. Michael, Corey Nagel, Rachel Gold, and Teresa A. Hillier, “Does change in the neighborhood environment prevent obesity in older women?,” Social Science & Medicine, 2013.