- About this Journal
- Abstracting and Indexing
- Aims and Scope
- Article Processing Charges
- Articles in Press
- Author Guidelines
- Bibliographic Information
- Citations to this Journal
- Contact Information
- Editorial Board
- Editorial Workflow
- Free eTOC Alerts
- Publication Ethics
- Reviewers Acknowledgment
- Submit a Manuscript
- Subscription Information
- Table of Contents
Journal of Environmental and Public Health
Volume 2012 (2012), Article ID 212867, 9 pages
Changes in Peak Flow Value during Immunotherapy Administration
Associates in ENT & Allergy, PA 470 North Aveue, Elizabeth, NJ 07208, USA
Received 14 June 2011; Revised 13 September 2011; Accepted 20 October 2011
Academic Editor: Janette Hope
Copyright © 2012 Diego Saporta. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- J. H. Krouse, “Seasonal and perennial rhinitis,” in Allergy and Immunology. An Otolaryngic Approach, Williams & Wilkins, Philadelphia, Pa, USA, 2002.
- C. E. Baena-Cagnani and P. Patel, “Efficacy and long-term safety of mometasone furoate nasal spray in children with perennial allergic rhinitis,” Current Medical Research and Opinion, vol. 26, no. 9, pp. 2047–2055, 2010.
- “Expert Panel Report 3: Guidelines for the Diagnosis and Management of Asthma,” http://www.nhlbi.nih.gov/guidelines/asthma/asthgdln.pdf, Full Report 2007.
- E. Boyd, “Patient history,” in Allergy and Immunology. An Otolaryngic Approach, Williams & Wilkins, Philadelphia, Pa, USA, 2002.
- D. E. Stull, E. O. Meltzer, J. H. Krouse et al., “The congestion quantifier five-item test for nasal congestion: refinement of the congestion quantifier seven-item test,” American Journal of Rhinology and Allergy, vol. 24, no. 1, pp. 34–38, 2010.
- J. P. Corey, S. M. Houser, and B. A. Ng, “Nasal congestion: a review of its etiology, evaluation, and treatment,” Ear, Nose and Throat Journal, vol. 79, no. 9, pp. 690–693, 2000.
- R. J. Soose, “Role of allergy in sleep-disordered breathing,” Otolaryngologic Clinics of North America, vol. 44, no. 3, pp. 625–635, 2011.
- S. Tregear, J. Reston, K. Schoelles, and B. Phillips, “Obstructive sleep apnea and risk of motor vehicle crash: systematic review and meta-analysis,” Journal of Clinical Sleep Medicine, vol. 5, no. 6, pp. 573–581, 2009.
- G. C. Gauchard, J. M. Mur, C. Touron et al., “Determinants of accident proneness: a case-control study in railway workers,” Occupational Medicine, vol. 56, no. 3, pp. 187–190, 2006.
- T. Verse and W. Pirsig, “Impact of impaired nasal breathing on sleep-disordered breathing,” Sleep and Breathing, vol. 7, no. 2, pp. 63–76, 2003.
- J. C. Posnick and N. Agnihotri, “Consequences and management of nasal airway obstruction in the dentofacial deformity patient,” Current Opinion in Otolaryngology and Head and Neck Surgery, vol. 18, no. 4, pp. 323–331, 2010.
- H. S. Nelson, “Allergen immunotherapy: where is it now?” Journal of Allergy and Clinical Immunology, vol. 119, no. 4, pp. 769–777, 2007.
- M. Akdis and C. A. Akdis, “Mechanisms of allergen-specific immunotherapy,” Journal of Allergy and Clinical Immunology, vol. 119, no. 4, pp. 780–789, 2007.
- R. C. Haydon and B. R. Gordon, “Aeroallergen immunotherapy,” in Allergy and Immunology. An Otolaryngic Approach, Williams & Wilkins, Philadelphia, Pa, USA, 2002.
- E. F. Juniper, G. H. Guyatt, R. S. Epstein, P. J. Ferrie, R. Jaeschke, and T. K. Hiller, “Evaluation of impairment of health related quality of life in asthma: development of a questionnaire for use in clinical trials,” Thorax, vol. 47, no. 2, pp. 76–83, 1992.
- M. A. Pynnonen, H. M. Kim, and J. E. Terrell, “Validation of the sino-nasal outcome test 20 (SNOT-20) domains in nonsurgical patients,” American Journal of Rhinology and Allergy, vol. 23, no. 1, pp. 40–45, 2009.
- W. R. Fell, R. L. Mabry, and C. S. Mabry, “Quality of life analysis of patients undergoing immunotherapy for allergic rhinitis,” Ear, Nose and Throat Journal, vol. 76, no. 8, pp. 528–536, 1997.
- G. Ciprandi, C. Klersy, I. Cirillo, and G. L. Marseglia, “Quality of life in allergic rhinitis: relationship with clinical, immunological, and functional aspects,” Clinical and Experimental Allergy, vol. 37, no. 10, pp. 1528–1535, 2007.
- R. C. Haydon and B. R. Gordon, “Aeroallergen immunotherapy,” in Allergy and Immunology, an Otolaryngic Approach, J. H. Krouse, S. J. Chadwick, B. R. Gordon, and M. J. Derebery, Eds., pp. 151–182, Williams & Wilkins, Philadelphia, Pa, USA, 2002.
- D. Saporta and A. B. McDaniel, “Efficacy comparison of multiple-antigen subcutaneous injection immunotherapy and multiple-antigen sublingual immunotherapy,” Ear, Nose and Throat Journal, vol. 86, no. 8, pp. 493–497, 2007.
- W. E. Davis, P. R. Cook, M. S. McKinsey, and J. R. Templer, “Anaphylaxis in immunotherapy,” Otolaryngology: Head and Neck Surgery, vol. 107, no. 1, pp. 78–83, 1992.
- A. T. Borchers, C. L. Keen, and M. E. Gershwin, “Fatalities following allergen immunotherapy,” Clinical Reviews in Allergy and Immunology, vol. 27, no. 2, pp. 147–158, 2004.
- B. R. Gordon, “Prevention and management of office allergy emergencies,” Otolaryngologic Clinics of North America, vol. 25, no. 1, pp. 119–134, 1992.
- R. F. Lockey, L. M. Benedict, P. C. Turkeltaub, and S. C. Bukantz, “Fatalities from immunotherapy (IT) and skin testing (ST),” Journal of Allergy and Clinical Immunology, vol. 79, no. 4, pp. 660–677, 1987.
- D. I. Bernstein, M. Wanner, L. Borish, G. M. Liss, and Immunotherapy Committee, American Academy of Allergy, Asthma and Immunology, “Twelve-year survey of fatal reactions to allergen injections and skin testing: 1990–2001,” Journal of Allergy and Clinical Immunology, vol. 113, no. 6, pp. 1129–1136, 2004.
- F. E. R. Simons, “Allergic rhinobronchitis: the asthma-allergic rhinitis link,” Journal of Allergy and Clinical Immunology, vol. 104, no. 3 II, pp. 534–540, 1999.
- O. Linna, J. Kokkonen, and M. Lukin, “A 10-year prognosis for childhood allergic rhinitis,” Acta Paediatrica, vol. 81, no. 2, pp. 100–102, 1992.
- S. S. Braman, A. A. Barrows, and B. A. DeCotiis, “Airway hyperresponsiveness in allergic rhinitis. A risk factor for asthma,” Chest, vol. 91, no. 5, pp. 671–674, 1987.
- J. Bousquet, P. Demoly, and F. B. Michel, “Specific immunotherapy in rhinitis and asthma,” Annals of Allergy, Asthma and Immunology, vol. 87, no. 1, pp. 38–42, 2001.
- J. H. Krouse, R. W. Brown, S. M. Fineman et al., “Asthma and the unified airway,” Otolaryngology: Head and Neck Surgery, vol. 136, no. 5, pp. S75–S106, 2007.
- C. S. Smith, “Allergen immunotherapy practice parameter update,” The Journal of the Kentucky Medical Association, vol. 102, no. 2, pp. 53–56, 2004.
- L. Cox, “Allergen immunotherapy and asthma: efficacy, safety, and other considerations,” Allergy and Asthma Proceedings, vol. 29, no. 6, pp. 580–589, 2008.
- Joint Task Force on Practice Parameters; American Academy of Allergy, Asthma and Immunology; American College of Allergy, Asthma and Immunology; Joint Council of Allergy, Asthma and Immunology, “Allergen immunotherapy: a practice parameter second update,” Journal of Allergy and Clinical Immunology, vol. 120, supplement 3, pp. S25–S85, 2007.
- J. L. Broek, J. Bousquet, C. E. Baena-Cagnani et al., “Allergic Rhinitis and its Impact on Asthma (ARIA) guidelines: 2010 revision,” Journal of Allergy and Clinical Immunology, vol. 126, no. 3, pp. 466–476, 2010.
- S. J. Genuis, “Sensitivity-related illness: the escalating pandemic of allergy, food intolerance and chemical sensitivity,” Science of the Total Environment, vol. 408, no. 24, pp. 6047–6061, 2010.