- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Articles in Press ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
Journal of Environmental and Public Health
Volume 2012 (2012), Article ID 470858, 4 pages
Environmental Changes to Promote Physical Activity and Healthy Dietary Behavior
1Department of Health Promotion, NUTRIM School for Nutrition, Toxicology and Metabolism, Maastricht University Medical Centre, 6200 MD Maastricht, The Netherlands
2School of Sport & Exercise Sciences, the University of Birmingham, Birmingham B15 2TT, UK
3Department of Kinesiology and Physical Education and School of Medicine, McGill University, Montreal, QC, Canada H2W 1S4
Received 4 July 2012; Accepted 4 July 2012
Copyright © 2012 S. P. J. Kremers et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- P. Rozin, S. Scott, M. Dingley, J. K. Urbanek, H. Jiang, and M. Kaltenbach, “Nudge to nobesity I: Minor changes in accessibility decrease food intake,” Judgment and Decision Making, vol. 6, no. 4, pp. 323–332, 2011.
- E. Dayan and M. Bar-Hillel, “Nudge to nobesity II: menu positions influence food orders,” Judgment and Decision Making, vol. 6, no. 4, pp. 333–342, 2011.
- F. F. Eves, E. K. Olander, G. Nicoll, A. Puig-Ribera, and C. Griffin, “Increasing stair climbing in a train station: the effects of contextual variables and visibility,” Journal of Environmental Psychology, vol. 29, no. 2, pp. 300–303, 2009.
- S. A. French, R. W. Jeffery, M. Story et al., “Pricing and promotion effects on low-fat vending snack purchases: the CHIPS study,” American Journal of Public Health, vol. 91, no. 1, pp. 112–117, 2001.
- R. Van-Houten, P. A. Nau, and M. Merrigan, “Reducing elevator energy use: a comparison of posted feedback and reduced elevator convenience,” Journal of Applied Behavior Analysis, vol. 14, pp. 377–387, 1981.
- G. Nicoll and C. Zimring, “Effect of innovative building design on physical activity,” Journal of Public Health Policy, vol. 30, no. 1, pp. S111–S123, 2009.
- M. T. Bassett, T. Dumanovsky, C. Huang et al., “Purchasing behavior and calorie information at fast-food chains in New York City, 2007,” American Journal of Public Health, vol. 98, no. 8, pp. 1457–1459, 2008.
- A. L. Lewis and F. F. Eves, “Specific effects of a calorie-based intervention on stair climbing in overweight commuters,” Annals of Behavioral Medicine, vol. 42, no. 2, pp. 257–261, 2011.
- A. L. Lewis and F. F. Eves, “Testing the theory underlying the success of point-of-choice prompts: a multi-component stair climbing intervention,” Psychology of Sport and Exercise, vol. 13, no. 2, pp. 126–132, 2012.
- K. Glanz, M. Basil, E. Maibach, J. Goldberg, and D. Snyder, “Why Americans eat what they do: taste, nutrition, cost, convenience, and weight control concerns as influences on food consumption,” Journal of the American Dietetic Association, vol. 98, no. 10, pp. 1118–1126, 1998.
- B. Swinburn, G. Egger, and F. Raza, “Dissecting obesogenic environments: The development and application of a framework for identifying and prioritizing environmental interventions for obesity,” Preventive Medicine, vol. 29, no. 6 I, pp. 563–570, 1999.
- J. F. Sallis, L. D. Frank, B. E. Saelens, and M. K. Kraft, “Active transportation and physical activity: opportunities for collaboration on transportation and public health research,” Transportation Research A, vol. 38, no. 4, pp. 249–268, 2004.
- D. A. Rodríguez, S. Aytur, A. Forsyth, J. M. Oakes, and K. J. Clifton, “Relation of modifiable neighborhood attributes to walking,” Preventive Medicine, vol. 47, no. 3, pp. 260–264, 2008.
- A. L. Marshall, A. E. Bauman, C. Patch, J. Wilson, and J. Chen, “Can motivational signs prompt increases in incidental physical activity in an Australian health-care facility?” Health Education Research, vol. 17, no. 6, pp. 743–749, 2002.
- J. L. Joyce and M. J. Zimmer-Gembeck, “Parent feeding restriction and child weight. The mediating role of child disinhibited eating and the moderating role of the parenting context,” Appetite, vol. 52, no. 3, pp. 726–734, 2009.
- S. P. J. Kremers, J. Brug, H. De Vries, and R. C. M. E. Engels, “Parenting style and adolescent fruit consumption,” Appetite, vol. 41, no. 1, pp. 43–50, 2003.
- S. P. J. Kremers, G. J. de Bruijn, T. L. S. Visscher, W. van Mechelen, N. K. de Vries, and J. Brug, “Environmental influences on energy balance-related behaviors: a dual-process view,” International Journal of Behavioral Nutrition and Physical Activity, vol. 3, article 9, 2006.
- S. P. J. Kremers, “Theory and practice in the study of influences on energy balance-related behaviors,” Patient Education and Counseling, vol. 79, no. 3, pp. 291–298, 2010.
- J. C. Spence and R. E. Lee, “Toward a comprehensive model of physical activity,” Psychology of Sport and Exercise, vol. 4, no. 1, pp. 7–24, 2003.