- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Advance Access ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Articles in Press ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
Journal of Environmental and Public Health
Volume 2012 (2012), Article ID 472751, 9 pages
Air Pollution, Oxidative Stress, and Alzheimer's Disease
1The Environmental Sciences and Health Graduate Program, University of Nevada, Reno, NV 89557-0186, USA
2School of Community Health Sciences, University of Nevada, Reno, NV 89557-0274, USA
Received 18 September 2011; Accepted 3 January 2012
Academic Editor: Pam R. Factor-Litvak
Copyright © 2012 Paula Valencia Moulton and Wei Yang. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
Citations to this Article [17 citations]
The following is the list of published articles that have cited the current article.
- N. Begum, B. Wang, M. Mori, and G. Vares, “Does ionizing radiation influence Alzheimer's disease risk?,” Journal of Radiation Research, vol. 53, no. 6, pp. 815–822, 2012.
- Marco Catto, Andrey A. Berezin, Daniele Lo Re, Georgia Loizou, Marina Demetriades, Angelo De Stradis, Francesco Campagna, Panayiotis A. Koutentis, and Angelo Carotti, “Design, synthesis and biological evaluation of benzo[e][1,2,4]triazin-7(1H)-one and [1,2,4]-triazino[5,6,1-jk]carbazol-6-one derivatives as dual inhibitors of beta-amyloid aggregation and acetyl/butyryl cholinesterase,” European Journal Of Medicinal Chemistry, vol. 58, pp. 84–97, 2012.
- Lisa J. Bain, Samantha Budd, Ratan Bhat, Susan DeSanti, Patrick May, Karl Herrup, Linda J. Van Eldik, Russell Swerdlow, Maria C. Carrillo, Dale Schenk, Angela Cacace, Robert Fremeau, and Marcie Glicksman, “Beyond amyloid: Getting real about nonamyloid targets in Alzheimer's disease,” Alzheimers & Dementia, vol. 9, no. 4, pp. 452–458, 2013.
- Ursel Soomets, Ingrid Oit-Wiscombe, Laszlo Virag, and Alan Altraja, “Increased DNA Damage in Progression Of COPD: A Response By Poly(ADP-Ribose) Polymerase-1,” Plos One, vol. 8, no. 7, 2013.
- Sanli Xing, Dingzhu Shen, Chuan Chen, Jian Wang, and Zhihua Yu, “Early induction of oxidative stress in a mouse model of Alzheimer's disease with heme oxygenase activity,” Molecular Medicine Reports, vol. 10, no. 2, pp. 599–604, 2014.
- Elena Colicino, Melinda C. Power, David G. Cox, Marc G. Weisskopf, Lifang Hou, Stacy E. Alexeeff, Marco Sanchez-Guerra, Pantel Vokonas, Avron Spiro, Joel Schwartz, and Andrea A. Baccarelli, “Mitochondrial haplogroups modify the effect of black carbon on age-related cognitive impairment,” Environmental Health, vol. 13, 2014.
- Haji Bahadar, Sara Mostafalou, and Mohammad Abdollahi, “Current Understandings and Perspectives on Non-Cancer Health Effects of Benzene: A Global Concern,” Toxicology and Applied Pharmacology, 2014.
- Moses N. Wainaina, Zhichun Chen, and Chunjiu Zhong, “Environmental factors in the development and progression of late-onset Alzheimer’s disease,” Neuroscience Bulletin, 2014.
- Brian J. Balin, and Alan P. Hudson, “Etiology and Pathogenesis of Late-Onset Alzheimer’s Disease,” Current Allergy and Asthma Reports, vol. 14, no. 3, 2014.
- Nancy P. Gómez-Crisóstomo, Erika Rodríguez Martínez, and Selva Rivas-Arancibia, “Oxidative Stress Activates the Transcription Factors FoxO 1a and FoxO 3a in the Hippocampus of Rats Exposed to Low Doses of Ozone,” Oxidative Medicine and Cellular Longevity, vol. 2014, pp. 1–8, 2014.
- Ruth Peters, Jean Peters, Andrew Booth, and Ian Mudway, “Is air pollution associated with increased risk of cognitive decline? A systematic review,” Age and Ageing, pp. afv087, 2015.
- Liuji Chen, Ren Na, Erin Boldt, and Qitao Ran, “NLRP3 inflammasome activation by mitochondrial ROS plays a key role in long-term cognitive impairment induced by paraquat exposure,” Neurobiology of Aging, 2015.
- Tom Koeman, Leo J. Schouten, Piet A. van den Brandt, Pauline Slottje, Anke Huss, Susan Peters, Hans Kromhout, and Roel Vermeulen, “Occupational exposures and risk of dementia-related mortality in the prospective Netherlands Cohort Study,” American Journal of Industrial Medicine, 2015.
- Yun-Chun Wu, Yuan-Chien Lin, Hwa-Lung Yu, Jen-Hau Chen, Chi-Dan Chen, Ta-Fu Chen, Yu Sun, Li-Li Wen, Ping-Keung Yip, Yi-Min Chu, and Yen-Ching Chen, “Association between air pollutants and dementia risk in the elderly,” Alzheimer's & Dementia: Diagnosis, Assessment & Disease Monitoring, 2015.
- Jennifer Rieusset, Alain Geloen, Christophe O. Soulage, Roxane E. Vella, Nicolas J. Pillon, Bader Zarrouki, Marine L. Croze, Laetitia Koppe, Michel Guichardant, Sandra Pesenti, and Marie-Agnes Chauvin, “Ozone Exposure Triggers Insulin Resistance Through Muscle c-Jun N-Terminal Kinase Activation,” Diabetes, vol. 64, no. 3, pp. 1011–1024, 2015.
- Laura Colin-Barenque, Jose Pedraza-Chaverri, Omar Medina-Campos, Ruben Jimenez-Martinez, Patricia Bizarro-Nevares, Adriana Gonzalez-Villalva, Marcela Rojas-Lemus, and Teresa I. Fortoul, “Functional and Morphological Olfactory Bulb Modifications in Mice after Vanadium Inhalation,” Toxicologic Pathology, vol. 43, no. 2, pp. 282–291, 2015.
- Chau-Ren Jung, Yu-Ting Lin, and Bing-Fang Hwang, “Ozone, Particulate Matter, and Newly Diagnosed Alzheimer's Disease: A Population-Based Cohort Study in Taiwan,” Journal Of Alzheimers Disease, vol. 44, no. 2, pp. 573–584, 2015.