- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Recently Accepted Articles ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
Journal of Environmental and Public Health
Volume 2012 (2012), Article ID 517391, 4 pages
A Safe Protocol for Amalgam Removal
Dr. Dana Coloson & Associates, 1950 Yonge Street, Toronto, ON, Canada M4S 1Z4
Received 9 August 2011; Accepted 1 November 2011
Academic Editor: Margaret E. Sears
Copyright © 2012 Dana G. Colson. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- M. S. Cook, The Brain Wash: A Powerful, All-Natural Program to Protect Your Brain Against Alzheimer’s, Chronic Fatigue Syndrome, Depression, Parkinson’s, and other Diseases, John Wiley & Sons, Mississauga, Canada, 2007.
- B. M. Eley, “The future of dental amalgam: a review of the literature part 1 : dental amalgam structure and corrosion,” British Dental Journal, vol. 182, no. 7, pp. 247–249, 1997.
- G. M. Richardson, R. Wilson, D. Allard, C. Purtill, S. Douma, and J. Gravière, “Mercury exposure and risks from dental amalgam in the US population, post-2000,” The Science of the Total Environment, vol. 409, no. 20, pp. 4257–4268, 2011.
- N. J. M. Opdam, E. M. C. Bronkhorst, B. A. Loomans, and M.-C Huysmans, “12-year survival of composite vs. amalgam restorations,” Journal of Dental Research, vol. 89, no. 10, pp. 1063–1067, 2010.
- D. Hollander, “Intestinal permability, leaky gut, and intestinal disorders,” Current Gastroenterology Reports, vol. 1, no. 5, pp. 410–416, 1999.
- The Safety of Dental Amalgam, Health Canada, Department of Supply and Services Canada, 1996.
- B. J. Koos and L. D. Longo, “Mercury toxicity in the pregnant woman, fetus, and newborn infant. A review,” American Journal of Obstetrics and Gynecology, vol. 126, no. 3, pp. 390–409, 1976.
- M. Nylander, L. Friberg, and B. Lind, “Mercury concentrations in the human brain and kidneys in relation to exposure from dental amalgam fillings,” Swedish Dental Journal, vol. 11, no. 5, pp. 179–187, 1987.
- T. W. Clarkson, “Metal toxicity in the central nervous system,” Environmental Health Perspectives, vol. 75, pp. 59–64, 1987.
- F. L. Lorscheider, M. J. Vimy, and A. O. Summers, “Mercury exposure from “silver” tooth fillings: emerging evidence questions a traditional dental paradigm,” The FASEB Journal, vol. 9, no. 7, pp. 504–508, 1995.
- S. M. Koral, IAOMT Safe Removal of Amalgam Fillings, International Academy of Oral Medicine & Toxicology, 2007.
- Ontario. Service Ontario, Dentistry Act, chapter 24, 1991.
- T. T. Sjursen, G. B. Lygre, K. Dalen et al., “Changes in health complaints after removal of amalgam fillings,” Journal of Oral Rehabilitation, vol. 38, no. 11, pp. 835–848, 2011.