- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Advance Access ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Articles in Press ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
Journal of Environmental and Public Health
Volume 2012 (2012), Article ID 619381, 9 pages
Solar Radiation and Vitamin D: Mitigating Environmental Factors in Autoimmune Disease
Department of Family Medicine, University of Alberta, Suite No. 301, 9509-156 Street, Edmonton, AB, Canada T6G 2M7
Received 3 July 2011; Revised 29 November 2011; Accepted 13 December 2011
Academic Editor: Robin Bernhoft
Copyright © 2012 Gerry K. Schwalfenberg. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
Citations to this Article [9 citations]
The following is the list of published articles that have cited the current article.
- Barbara M. van Amerongen, and François Feron, “Effect of high-dose vitamin D3 intake on ambulation, muscular pain and bone mineral density in a woman with multiple sclerosis: A 10-year longitudinal case report,” International Journal of Molecular Sciences, vol. 13, no. 10, pp. 13461–13483, 2012.
- Pornthep Tanpowpong, Joshua C. Obuch, Hongyu Jiang, Caitlin E. McCarty, Aubrey J. Katz, Daniel A. Leffler, Ciaran P. Kelly, Dascha C. Weir, Alan M. Leichtner, and Carlos A. Camargo, “Multicenter Study on Season of Birth and Celiac Disease: Evidence for a New Theoretical Model of Pathogenesis,” Journal of Pediatrics, vol. 162, no. 3, pp. 501–504, 2013.
- Adrianna Mostowska, Margarita Lianeri, Mariusz Wudarski, Marzena Olesinska, and Pawel P. Jagodzinski, “Vitamin D receptor gene BsmI, FokI, ApaI and TaqI polymorphisms and the risk of systemic lupus erythematosus,” Molecular Biology Reports, vol. 40, no. 2, pp. 803–810, 2013.
- Rachel Lieberman, R. Paul Wadwa, N Nhung Nguyen, Franziska K. Bishop, Christina Reinick, Janet K. Snell-Bergeon, and David M. Maahs, “The Association between Vitamin D and Vascular Stiffness in Adolescents with and without Type 1 Diabetes,” Plos One, vol. 8, no. 10, 2013.
- John J. Cannell, and William B. Grant, “What is the role of vitamin D in autism?,” Dermato-Endocrinology, vol. 5, no. 1, pp. 199–204, 2013.
- Michael F. Holick, and Arash Hossein-nezhad, “Vitamin D for Health: A Global Perspective,” Mayo Clinic Proceedings, vol. 88, no. 7, pp. 720–755, 2013.
- David E. McCarty, Andrew L. Chesson, Sushi K. Jain, and Andrew A. Marino, “The link between vitamin D-metabolism and sleep medicine,” Sleep Medicine Reviews, vol. 18, no. 4, pp. 311–319, 2014.
- Edgard Delvin, Jean-Claude Souberbielle, Jean-Paul Viard, and Bernard Salle, “Role of vitamin D in acquired immune and autoimmune diseases,” Critical Reviews in Clinical Laboratory Sciences, vol. 51, no. 4, pp. 232–247, 2014.
- Federica D'Aurizio, Danilo Villalta, Paolo Metus, Paolo Doretto, and Renato Tozzoli, “Vitamin D is a player or not in the pathophysiology of autoimmune thyroid diseases?,” Autoimmunity Reviews, 2014.