- About this Journal
- Abstracting and Indexing
- Aims and Scope
- Article Processing Charges
- Articles in Press
- Author Guidelines
- Bibliographic Information
- Citations to this Journal
- Contact Information
- Editorial Board
- Editorial Workflow
- Free eTOC Alerts
- Publication Ethics
- Reviewers Acknowledgment
- Submit a Manuscript
- Subscription Information
- Table of Contents
Journal of Environmental and Public Health
Volume 2012 (2012), Article ID 713696, 52 pages
Endocrine-Disrupting Chemicals: Associated Disorders and Mechanisms of Action
Study Centre for Carcinogenesis and Primary Prevention of Cancer, Department of Radiotherapy and Experimental Cancerology, Ghent University Hospital, De Pintelaan 185 3K3, 9000 Ghent, Belgium
Received 1 March 2012; Revised 10 May 2012; Accepted 10 May 2012
Academic Editor: David O. Carpenter
Copyright © 2012 Sam De Coster and Nicolas van Larebeke. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
Citations to this Article [24 citations]
The following is the list of published articles that have cited the current article.
- Blanca Laffon, Francisco Aguilera, Julia Ríos-Vázquez, Julia García-Lestón, Dietmar Fuchs, Vanessa Valdiglesias, and Eduardo Pásaro, “Endocrine and immunological parameters in individuals involved in Prestige spill cleanup tasks seven years after the exposure,” Environment International, vol. 59, pp. 103–111, 2013.
- Ling-I Hsu, Yuan-Hung Wang, Hung-Yi Chiou, Meei-Maan Wu, Tse-Yen Yang, Yu-Hsin Chen, Chin-Hsiao Tseng, and Chien-Jen Chen, “The association of diabetes mellitus with subsequent internal cancers in the arsenic-exposed area of Taiwan,” Journal of Asian Earth Sciences, vol. 73, pp. 452–459, 2013.
- Yue Xi, and Wei San, “Exposure to the endocrine disruptor nonylphenol alters structure and functi on of thyroid gland in rats,” Regulatory Peptides, vol. 185, pp. 52–56, 2013.
- Ulf Magnusson, and Karl Ljungvall, “Environmental pollutants and dysregulation of male puberty–a comparison among species,” Reproductive Toxicology, 2013.
- Luca Fontana, Veruscka Leso, and Antonio Bergamaschi, “The Effects of Nanomaterials as Endocrine Disruptors,” International Journal of Molecular Sciences, vol. 14, no. 8, pp. 16732–16801, 2013.
- Pasquale Ventrice, Domenica Ventrice, Emilio Russo, and Giovambattista De Sarro, “Phthalates: European regulation, chemistry, pharmacokinetic and related toxicity,” Environmental Toxicology and Pharmacology, vol. 36, no. 1, pp. 88–96, 2013.
- Brandy W. Riffle, W. Matthew Henderson, and Susan C. Laws, “Measurement of steroids in rats after exposure to an endocrine disruptor: Mass spectrometry and radioimmunoassay demonstrate similar results,” Journal of Pharmacological and Toxicological Methods, 2013.
- Elisa De Laurentiis, Marco Minella, Mohamed Sarakha, Alessandro Marrese, Claudio Minero, Gilles Mailhot, Marcello Brigante, and Davide Vione, “Photochemical processes involving the UV absorber benzophenone-4 (2-hydroxy-4-methoxybenzophenone-5-sulphonic acid) in aqueous solution. Reaction pathways and implications for surface waters,” Water Research, 2013.
- J. Shen, L. Xu, H. Fang, A. M. Richard, J. D. Bray, R. S. Judson, G. Zhou, T. J. Colatsky, J. L. Aungst, C. Teng, S. C. Harris, W. Ge, S. Y. Dai, Z. Su, A. C. Jacobs, W. Harrouk, R. Perkins, W. Tong, and H. Hong, “EADB: An Estrogenic Activity Database for Assessing Potential Endocrine Activity,” Toxicological Sciences, 2013.
- Osvaldo J. Ponzo, and Carbone Silvia, “Evidence of reproductive disruption associated with neuroendocrine changes induced by UV-B filters, Phtalates and Nonylphenol during sexual maturation in rats of both gender,” Toxicology, 2013.
- Marie Aune, Per Ola Darnerud, Annika Hanberg, Susanna C. Larsson, and Anders Glynn, “Prenatal exposure to polychlorinated biphenyls (PCBs) and polybrominated di phenyl ethers (PBDEs) may influence birth weight among infants in a Swedish cohort with background exposure: a cross-sectional study,” Environmental Health, vol. 12, 2013.
- Francisco Carmona, Angeles Martínez-Zamora, María L. Bassols, and Juan Balasch, “Environmental influences on the development of endometriosis,” Journal of Endometriosis, vol. 5, no. 2, pp. 49–61, 2013.
- Xiu-Min Wang, “Early life programming and metabolic syndrome,” World Journal of Pediatrics, vol. 9, no. 1, pp. 5–8, 2013.
- Marc Le Vee, Elise Kolasa, Elodie Jouan, Nicolas Collet, and Olivier Fardel, “Differentiation of human placental BeWo cells by the environmental contaminant benzo(a)pyrene,” Chemico-Biological Interactions, 2013.
- A.M.M. Essa, and S.M. Fathy, “Sex hormonal disruption by cyanobacterial bioactive compounds,” Journal of Applied Microbiology, vol. 116, no. 3, pp. 700–709, 2013.
- Sonia A. Ronchetti, Eliana A. Miler, and Beatriz H. Duvilanski, “Cadmium Mimics Estrogen-Driven Cell Proliferation and Prolactin Secretion f rom Anterior Pituitary Cells,” Plos One, vol. 8, no. 11, 2013.
- Natalija Ursulin-Trstenjak, Darija Vukic Lusic, Zdenko Smit, and Drazen Lusic, “Exposure To Phtalates And Their Presence In Alcoholic Beverages,” Arhiv Za Higijenu Rada I Toksikologiju, vol. 64, no. 2, pp. 317–325, 2013.
- Eva Cecilie Bonefeld-Jorgensen, Camilla Taxvig, Anne Marie Vinggaard, and Julie Boberg, “Levels of Pesticides and Their Metabolites in Wistar Rat Amniotic Fluids an d Maternal Urine upon Gestational Exposure,” International Journal Of Environmental Research And Public Health, vol. 10, no. 6, pp. 2271–2281, 2013.
- Caili Zhang, Anzhong Wang, Xiaona Sun, Xiaocai Li, Xinghua Zhao, Shuang Li, and Aituan Ma, “Protective Effects of Lycium barbarum Polysaccharides on Testis Spermatogenic Injury Induced by Bisphenol A in Mice,” Evidence-Based Complementary and Alternative Medicine, vol. 2013, pp. 1–9, 2013.
- Rebecca Lee Yean Wong, “Molecular Pathways: Environmental Estrogens Activate Nongenomic Signaling t o Developmentally Reprogram the Epigenome,” Clinical Cancer Research, vol. 19, no. 14, pp. 3732–3737, 2013.
- M. Collotta, and P. A. Bertazzi, “Epigenetics and pesticides,” Toxicology, vol. 307, pp. 35–41, 2013.
- Sudha P. Pandalai, Paul A. Schulte, and Diane B. Miller, “Conceptual heuristic models of the interrelationships between obesity and the occupational environment,” Scandinavian Journal of Work, Environment and Health, vol. 39, no. 3, pp. 221–232, 2013.
- Michel Goldberg, Sasha Dimitrova-Nakov, and Gottfried Schmalz, “BPA from dental resin material: where are we going with restorative and preventive dental biomaterials?,” Clinical Oral Investigations, vol. 18, no. 2, pp. 347–349, 2014.
- Lucas Dewalque, Catherine Pirard, Nathalie Dubois, and Corinne Charlier, “Simultaneous determination of some phthalate metabolites, parabens and benzophenone-3 in urine by ultra high pressure liquid chromatography tandem mass spectrometry,” Journal of Chromatography B, 2014.