- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Annual Issues ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Articles in Press ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
Journal of Function Spaces and Applications
Volume 2012 (2012), Article ID 703681, 10 pages
On Holomorphic Solution for Space- and Time-Fractional Telegraph Equations in Complex Domain
Institute of Mathematical Sciences, University Malaya, 50603 Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
Received 19 February 2012; Revised 12 April 2012; Accepted 23 April 2012
Academic Editor: Josip E. Pecaric
Copyright © 2012 Rabha W. Ibrahim. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- I. Podlubny, Fractional Differential Equations, vol. 198 of Mathematics in Science and Engineering, Academic Press, San Diego, Calif, USA, 1999.
- R. Hilfer, Applications of Fractional Calculus in Physics, World Scientific Publishing, River Edge, NJ, USA, 2000.
- B. J. West, M. Bologna, and P. Grigolini, Physics of Fractal Operators, Institute for Nonlinear Science, Springer, New York, NY, USA, 2003.
- A. A. Kilbas, H. M. Srivastava, and J. J. Trujillo, Theory and Applications of Fractional Differential Equations, vol. 204 of North-Holland Mathematics Studies, Elsevier Science B.V., Amsterdam, The Netherlands, 2006.
- J. Sabatier, O. P. Agrawal, and J. A. Machado, Advance in Fractional Calculus: Theoretical Developments and Applications in Physics and Engineering, Springer, Dordrecht, The Netherlands, 2007.
- D. Baleanu, B. Guvenc Ziya, and J. A. Tenreiro, New Trends in Nanotechnology and Fractional Calculus Applications, Springer, New York, NY, USA, 2010.
- R. W. Ibrahim, “On holomorphic solutions for nonlinear singular fractional differential equations,” Computers & Mathematics with Applications, vol. 62, no. 3, pp. 1084–1090, 2011.
- R. W. Ibrahim, “Existence and uniqueness of holomorphic solutions for fractional Cauchy problem,” Journal of Mathematical Analysis and Applications, vol. 380, no. 1, pp. 232–240, 2011.
- R. W. Ibrahim, “On generalized Srivastava-Owa fractional operators in the unit disk,” Advances in Difference Equations, vol. 2011, article 55, 2011.
- R. W. Ibrahim, “Ulam stability for fractional differential equation in complex domain,” Abstract and Applied Analysis, vol. 2012, Article ID 649517, 8 pages, 2012.
- L. Debnath, Nonlinear Partial Differential Equations for Scientists and Engineers, Birkhäuser, Boston, Mass, USA, 1997.
- A. C. Metaxas and R. J. Meredith, Industrial Microwave Heating, Peter Peregrinus, London, UK, 1993.
- S. Momani, “Analytic and approximate solutions of the space- and time-fractional telegraph equations,” Applied Mathematics and Computation, vol. 170, no. 2, pp. 1126–1134, 2005.
- J. Biazar, H. Ebrahimi, and Z. Ayati, “An approximation to the solution of telegraph equation by variational iteration method,” Numerical Methods for Partial Differential Equations, vol. 25, no. 4, pp. 797–801, 2009.
- R. Yulita Molliq, M. S. M. Noorani, and I. Hashim, “Variational iteration method for fractional heat- and wave-like equations,” Nonlinear Analysis: Real World Applications, vol. 10, no. 3, pp. 1854–1869, 2009.
- A. Sevimlican, “An approximation to solution of space and time fractional telegraph equations by He's variational iteration method,” Mathematical Problems in Engineering, vol. 2010, Article ID 290631, 10 pages, 2010.
- S. Momani and Z. Odibat, “Comparison between the homotopy perturbation method and the variational iteration method for linear fractional partial differential equations,” Computers & Mathematics with Applications, vol. 54, no. 7-8, pp. 910–919, 2007.
- G. M. d. Araújo, R. B. Gúzman, and S. B. d. Menezes, “Periodic solutions for nonlinear telegraph equation via elliptic regularization,” Computational & Applied Mathematics, vol. 28, no. 2, pp. 135–155, 2009.
- M. A. E. Herzallah and D. Baleanu, “On abstract fractional order telegraph equation,” Journal of Computational and Nonlinear Dynamics, vol. 5, no. 2, pp. 1–5, 2010.
- H. M. Srivastava and S. Owa, Univalent Functions, Fractional Calculus, and Their Applications, Ellis Horwood Series: Mathematics and Its Applications, Ellis Horwood, Chichester, UK, 1989.
- E. Hille, Ordinary Differential Equations in the Complex Domain, Wiley-Interscience, New York, NY, USA, 1976.
- B. Baeumer and M. M. Meerschaert, “Stochastic solutions for fractional Cauchy problems,” Fractional Calculus & Applied Analysis, vol. 4, no. 4, pp. 481–500, 2001.