- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Annual Issues ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Recently Accepted Articles ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
Journal of Function Spaces and Applications
Volume 2013 (2013), Article ID 247628, 9 pages
On a Class of Anisotropic Nonlinear Elliptic Equations with Variable Exponent
1College of Sciences, University of Shanghai for Science and Technology, Shanghai 200093, China
2Department of Mathematical Sciences, University of Nevada Las Vegas, Las Vegas, NV 89154-4020, USA
Received 13 May 2013; Accepted 16 July 2013
Academic Editor: Gen-Qi Xu
Copyright © 2013 Guoqing Zhang and Hongtao Zhang. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- Y. Chen, S. Levine, and M. Rao, “Variable exponent, linear growth functionals in image restoration,” SIAM Journal on Applied Mathematics, vol. 66, no. 4, pp. 1383–1406, 2006.
- M. Mihăilescu and V. Rădulescu, “A multiplicity result for a nonlinear degenerate problem arising in the theory of electrorheological fluids,” Proceedings of The Royal Society of London A, vol. 462, no. 2073, pp. 2625–2641, 2006.
- M. Ružička, Electrorheological Fluids: Modeling and Mathematical Theory, Springer, Berlin, Germany, 2000.
- V. V. Zhikov, “Averaging of functionals of the calculus of variations and elasticity theory, Math,” USSR-Izvestiya, vol. 29, pp. 33–66, 1987.
- D. E. Edmunds, J. Lang, and A. Nekvinda, “On norms,” The Royal Society of London A, vol. 455, no. 1981, pp. 219–225, 1999.
- X. Fan and D. Zhao, “On the spaces and ,” Journal of Mathematical Analysis and Applications, vol. 263, no. 2, pp. 424–446, 2001.
- D. E. Edmunds and J. Rákosník, “Sobolev embeddings with variable exponent,” Studia Mathematica, vol. 143, no. 3, pp. 267–293, 2000.
- X. Fan, J. Shen, and D. Zhao, “Sobolev embedding theorems for spaces ,” Journal of Mathematical Analysis and Applications, vol. 262, no. 2, pp. 749–760, 2001.
- M. Mihăilescu, P. Pucci, and V. Rădulescu, “Eigenvalue problems for anisotropic quasilinear elliptic equations with variable exponent,” Journal of Mathematical Analysis and Applications, vol. 340, no. 1, pp. 687–698, 2008.
- M.-M. Boureanu, P. Pucci, and V. D. Rădulescu, “Multiplicity of solutions for a class of anisotropic elliptic equations with variable exponent,” Complex Variables and Elliptic Equations, vol. 56, no. 7-9, pp. 755–767, 2011.
- D. Stancu-Dumitru, “Multiplicity of solutions for a nonlinear degenerate problem in anisotropic variable exponent spaces,” Bulletin of the Malaysian Mathematical Sciences Society, vol. 36, no. 1, pp. 117–130, 2013.
- D. Stancu-Dumitru, “Two nontrivial solutions for a class of anisotropic variable exponent problems,” Taiwanese Journal of Mathematics, vol. 16, no. 4, pp. 1205–1219, 2012.
- X. Fan, “Anisotropic variable exponent Sobolev spaces and -Laplacian equations,” Complex Variables and Elliptic Equations, vol. 56, no. 7–9, pp. 623–642, 2011.
- L. Diening, P. Harjulehto, P. Hästö, and M. Ružička, Lebesgue and Sobolev Spaces with Variable Exponents, vol. 2017 of Lecture Notes in Mathematics, Springer, Berlin, Germany, 2011.
- J. Leray and J.-L. Lions, “Quelques résulatats de Višik sur les problèmes elliptiques nonlinéaires par les méthodes de Minty-Browder,” Bulletin de la Société Mathématique de France, vol. 93, pp. 97–107, 1965.
- L. Boccardo and F. Murat, “Almost everywhere convergence of the gradients of solutions to elliptic and parabolic equations,” Nonlinear Analysis: Theory, Methods & Applications, vol. 19, no. 6, pp. 581–597, 1992.
- G. Mariano, Multiple Integrals in the Calculus of Variations and Nonlinear elliptic Systems, Princeton University Press, Princeton, NJ, USA, 1983.
- N. Fusco and C. Sbordone, “Some remarks on the regularity of minima of anisotropic integrals,” Communications in Partial Differential Equations, vol. 18, no. 1-2, pp. 153–167, 1993.
- P. Marcellini, “Regularity and existence of solutions of elliptic equations with -growth conditions,” Journal of Differential Equations, vol. 90, no. 1, pp. 1–30, 1991.