- About this Journal
- Abstracting and Indexing
- Aims and Scope
- Annual Issues
- Article Processing Charges
- Articles in Press
- Author Guidelines
- Bibliographic Information
- Citations to this Journal
- Contact Information
- Editorial Board
- Editorial Workflow
- Free eTOC Alerts
- Publication Ethics
- Reviewers Acknowledgment
- Submit a Manuscript
- Subscription Information
- Table of Contents
Journal of Function Spaces and Applications
Volume 2013 (2013), Article ID 269246, 6 pages
Generalized Contractive Set-Valued Maps on Complete Preordered Quasi-Metric Spaces
Instituto Universitario de Matemática Pura y Aplicada, Universitat Politècnica de València, Camí de Vera s/n, 46022 València, Spain
Received 12 October 2012; Accepted 8 December 2012
Academic Editor: Gerald Beer
Copyright © 2013 J. Marín et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- P. Fletcher and W. F. Lindgren, Quasi-Uniform Spaces, Marcel Dekker, New York, NY, USA, 1982.
- H. P. A. Künzi, “Nonsymmetric distances and their associated topologies: about the origins of basic ideas in the area of asymmetric topology,” in Handbook of the History of General Topology, C. E. Aull and R. Lowen, Eds., vol. 3, pp. 853–968, Kluwer Academic, Dodrecht, The Netherlands, 2001.
- S. Cobzas, Functional Analysis in Asymmetric Normed Spaces, Birkhäauser, Boston, Mass, USA, 2012.
- O. Kada, T. Suzuki, and W. Takahashi, “Nonconvex minimization theorems and fixed point theorems in complete metric spaces,” Mathematica Japonica, vol. 44, no. 2, pp. 381–391, 1996.
- I. Ekeland, “Nonconvex minimization problems,” Bulletin of the American Mathematical Society, vol. 1, no. 3, pp. 443–474, 1979.
- W. Takahashi, “Existence theorems generalizing fixed point theorems for multivalued mappings,” in Fixed Point Theory and Applications, M. A. Théra and J. B. Baillon, Eds., vol. 252, pp. 397–406, Longman, Harlow, UK, 1991.
- S. Park, “On generalizations of the Ekeland-type variational principles,” Nonlinear Analysis: Theory, Methods & Applications, vol. 39, pp. 881–889, 2000.
- S. Al-Homidan, Q. H. Ansari, and J.-C. Yao, “Some generalizations of Ekeland-type variational principle with applications to equilibrium problems and fixed point theory,” Nonlinear Analysis: Theory, Methods & Applications, vol. 69, no. 1, pp. 126–139, 2008.
- A. Latif and S. A. Al-Mezel, “Fixed point results in quasimetric spaces,” Fixed Point Theory and Applications, vol. 2011, Article ID 178306, 8 pages, 2011.
- J. Marín, S. Romaguera, and P. Tirado, “Q-functions on quasimetric spaces and fixed points for multivalued maps,” Fixed Point Theory and Applications, vol. 2011, Article ID 603861, 10 pages, 2011.
- J. Marín, S. Romaguera, and P. Tirado, “Weakly contractive multivalued maps and w-distances on complete quasi-metric spaces,” Fixed Point Theory and Applications, vol. 2011, no. 1, pp. 1–9, 2011.
- J. Caristi and W. A. Kirk, “Geometric fixed point theory and inwardness conditions,” in The Geometry of Metric and Linear Spaces, vol. 490 of Lecture Notes in Mathematics, pp. 74–83, Springer, Berlin, Germany, 1975.
- S. B. Nadler Jr., “Multi-valued contraction mappings,” Pacific Journal of Mathematics, vol. 30, pp. 475–488, 1969.
- S. Romaguera, “A common fixed point theorem for weakly compatible self-maps on complete preordered quasi-metric spaces,” in Weakly Commuting Mappings after Thirty Years in Metric Fixed Point Theory, S. Sessa, Ed., pp. 55–70, Aracne Editrice S.r.l., Rome, Italy, 2012.
- C. Alegre, S. Romaguera, and P. Veeramani, “The uniform boundedness theorem in asymmetric normed spaces,” Abstract and Applied Analysis, vol. 2012, Article ID 809626, 8 pages, 2012.
- C. Alegre, J. Ferrer, and V. Gregori, “On the Hahn-Banach theorem in certain linear quasi-uniform structures,” Acta Mathematica Hungarica, vol. 82, no. 4, pp. 325–330, 1999.
- J. Ferrer, V. Gregori, and C. Alegre, “Quasi-uniform structures in linear lattices,” The Rocky Mountain Journal of Mathematics, vol. 23, no. 3, pp. 877–884, 1993.
- S. Reich, “Some fixed point problems,” Atti della Accademia Nazionale dei Lincei, vol. 57, no. 3-4, pp. 194–198, 1974.
- N. Mizoguchi and W. Takahashi, “Fixed point theorems for multivalued mappings on complete metric spaces,” Journal of Mathematical Analysis and Applications, vol. 141, no. 1, pp. 177–188, 1989.
- P. Z. Daffer and H. Kaneko, “Fixed points of generalized contractive multi-valued mappings,” Journal of Mathematical Analysis and Applications, vol. 192, no. 2, pp. 655–666, 1995.
- C. Yu-Qing, “On a fixed point problem of Reich,” Proceedings of the American Mathematical Society, vol. 124, no. 10, pp. 3085–3088, 1996.
- E. Rakotch, “A note on contractive mappings,” Proceedings of the American Mathematical Society, vol. 13, pp. 459–465, 1962.
- G. Berthiaume, “On quasi-uniformities in hyperspaces,” Proceedings of the American Mathematical Society, vol. 66, no. 2, pp. 335–343, 1977.
- H. P. A. Künzi and C. Ryser, “The Bourbaki quasi-uniformity,” Topology Proceedings, vol. 20, pp. 161–183, 1995.
- J. Rodríguez-López and S. Romaguera, “Wijsman and hit-and-miss topologies of quasi-metric spaces,” Set-Valued Analysis, vol. 11, no. 4, pp. 323–344, 2003.
- J. Rodríguez-López and S. Romaguera, “Hypertopologies and asymmetric topology,” in Theory and Applications of Proximity, Nearness and Uniformity, G. di Maio and S. Naimpally, Eds., vol. 22, pp. 317–364, Dipartimento di Matematica Seconda Universitá di Napoli, 2008.
- D. Doitchinov, “On completeness in quasi-metric spaces,” Topology and its Applications, vol. 30, no. 2, pp. 127–148, 1988.
- L. M. García-Raffi, S. Romaguera, and E. A. Sánchez-Pérez, “Sequence spaces and asymmetric norms in the theory of computational complexity,” Mathematical and Computer Modelling, vol. 36, no. 1-2, pp. 1–11, 2002.