- About this Journal
- Abstracting and Indexing
- Aims and Scope
- Annual Issues
- Article Processing Charges
- Articles in Press
- Author Guidelines
- Bibliographic Information
- Citations to this Journal
- Contact Information
- Editorial Board
- Editorial Workflow
- Free eTOC Alerts
- Publication Ethics
- Reviewers Acknowledgment
- Submit a Manuscript
- Subscription Information
- Table of Contents
Journal of Function Spaces and Applications
Volume 2013 (2013), Article ID 394194, 5 pages
Some Inequalities for Bounding Toader Mean
Department of Mathematics, School of Science, Tianjin Polytechnic University, Tianjin 300387, China
Received 8 May 2013; Revised 11 June 2013; Accepted 16 June 2013
Academic Editor: L. E. Persson
Copyright © 2013 Wen-Hui Li and Miao-Miao Zheng. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- Gh. Toader, “Some mean values related to the arithmetic-geometric mean,” Journal of Mathematical Analysis and Applications, vol. 218, no. 2, pp. 358–368, 1998.
- B.-N. Guo and F. Qi, “Some bounds for the complete elliptic integrals of the first and second kinds,” Mathematical Inequalities & Applications, vol. 14, no. 2, pp. 323–334, 2011.
- F. Qi, D.-W. Niu, and B.-N. Guo, “Refinements, generalizations, and applications of Jordan's inequality and related problems,” Journal of Inequalities and Applications, vol. 2009, Article ID 271923, 52 pages, 2009.
- M. Vuorinen, “Hypergeometric functions in geometric function theory,” in Special Functions and Differential Equations (Madras, 1997), pp. 119–126, Allied Publ., New Delhi, India, 1998.
- R. W. Barnard, K. Pearce, and K. C. Richards, “An inequality involving the generalized hypergeometric function and the arc length of an ellipse,” SIAM Journal on Mathematical Analysis, vol. 31, no. 3, pp. 693–699, 2000.
- S.-L. Qiu and J.-M. Shen, “On two problems concerning means,” Journal of Hangzhou Insitute Electronic Engineering, vol. 17, no. 3, pp. 1–7, 1997 (Chinese).
- H. Alzer and S.-L. Qiu, “Monotonicity theorems and inequalities for the complete elliptic integrals,” Journal of Computational and Applied Mathematics, vol. 172, no. 2, pp. 289–312, 2004.
- Y.-M. Chu, M.-K. Wang, and S.-L. Qiu, “Optimal combinations bounds of root-square and arithmetic means for Toader mean,” Proceedings of the Indian Academy of Sciences. Mathematical Sciences, vol. 122, no. 1, pp. 41–51, 2012.
- Y. Hua and F. Qi, “The best bounds for Toader mean in terms of the centroidal and arithmetic means,” http://arxiv.org/abs/1303.2451.
- W.-D. Jiang and F. Qi, “Some sharp inequalities involving Seiffert and other means and their concise proofs,” Mathematical Inequalities & Applications, vol. 15, no. 4, pp. 1007–1017, 2012.
- I. J. Taneja, “Refinement of inequalities among means,” Journal of Combinatorics, Information & System Sciences, vol. 31, no. 1-4, pp. 343–364, 2006.
- F. Bowman, Introduction to Elliptic Functions with Applications, Dover, New York, NY, USA, 1961.
- P. F. Byrd and M. D. Friedman, Handbook of Elliptic Integrals for Engineers and Scientists, vol. 67 of Die Grundlehren der mathematischen Wissenschaften, Springer-Verlag, New York, NY, USA, 2nd edition, 1971.
- G. D. Anderson, M. K. Vamanamurthy, and M. K. Vuorinen, Conformal Invariants, Inequalities, and Quasiconformal Maps, Canadian Mathematical Society Series of Monographs and Advanced Texts, John Wiley & Sons, New York, NY, USA, 1997.
- B. C. Carlson, Special Functions of Applied Mathematics, Academic Press, New York, NY, USA, 1977.
- E. Neuman, “Bounds for symmetric elliptic integrals,” Journal of Approximation Theory, vol. 122, no. 2, pp. 249–259, 2003.
- H. Kazi and E. Neuman, “Inequalities and bounds for elliptic integrals,” Journal of Approximation Theory, vol. 146, no. 2, pp. 212–226, 2007.
- H. Kazi and E. Neuman, “Inequalities and bounds for elliptic integrals. II,” in Special Functions and Orthogonal Polynomials, vol. 471 of Contemp. Math., pp. 127–138, American Mathematical Society, Providence, RI, USA, 2008.
- L. Yin and F. Qi, “Some inequalities for complete elliptic integrals,” http://arxiv.org/abs/1301.4385.