- About this Journal
- Abstracting and Indexing
- Aims and Scope
- Annual Issues
- Article Processing Charges
- Articles in Press
- Author Guidelines
- Bibliographic Information
- Citations to this Journal
- Contact Information
- Editorial Board
- Editorial Workflow
- Free eTOC Alerts
- Publication Ethics
- Reviewers Acknowledgment
- Submit a Manuscript
- Subscription Information
- Table of Contents
Journal of Function Spaces and Applications
Volume 2013 (2013), Article ID 578326, 11 pages
Recent Developments on Hybrid Time-Frequency Numerical Simulation Techniques for RF and Microwave Applications
1School of Technology and Management, Polytechnic Institute of Leiria, Morro do Lena, Alto Vieiro, Apartado 4163, 2411-901 Leiria, Portugal
2Institute of Telecommunications, University of Aveiro, Campus Universitário de Santiago, 3810-193 Aveiro, Portugal
Received 11 October 2012; Accepted 11 December 2012
Academic Editor: Davide La Torre
Copyright © 2013 Jorge F. Oliveira and José C. Pedro. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- R. Achar and M. S. Nakhla, “Simulation of high-speed interconnects,” Proceedings of the IEEE, vol. 89, no. 5, pp. 693–728, 2001.
- L. Nagel, “Spice2: a computer program to simulate semiconductor circuits,” Tech. Rep. Memo ERL-M520, Electronics Research Laboratory, University of California, Berkeley, Calif, USA, 1975.
- K. Kundert, J. White, and A. Sangiovanni-Vincentelli, Steady-State Methods for Simulating Analog and Microwave Circuits, Kluwer Academic, Norwell, Mass, USA, 1990.
- P. J. Rodrigues, Computer-Aided Analysis of Nonlinear Microwave Circuits, Artech House, Norwood, Mass, USA, 1998.
- S. A. Maas, Nonlinear Microwave and RF Circuits, Artech House, Norwood, Mass, USA, 2nd edition, 2003.
- W. Hayt, J. Kemmerly, and S. Durbin, Engineering Circuit Analysis, Artech House, Norwood, Mass, USA, 2nd edition, 2003.
- J. C. Pedro and N. B. Carvalho, Intermodulation Distortion in Microwave and Wireless Circuits, Artech House, Norwood, Mass, USA, 2003.
- L. Trefethen and D. Bau, Numerical Linear Algebra, Society for Industrial and Applied Mathematics, Philadelphia, Pa, USA, 1997.
- Y. Saad and M. Schultz, “GMRES: a generalized minimal residual method for solving nonsymmetric linear systems,” SIAM Journal on Scientific and Statistical Computing, vol. 7, pp. 856–869, 1986.
- V. Rizzoli, F. Mastri, F. Sgallari, and G. Spaletta, “Harmonic-balance simulation of strongly nonlinear very large-size microwave circuits by inexact Newton methods,” in Proceedings of the IEEE MTT-S International Microwave Symposium Digest, pp. 1357–1360, San Francisco, Calif, USA, June 1996.
- V. Rizzoli, F. Mastri, C. Cecchetti, and F. Sgallari, “Fast and robust inexact Newton approach to the harmonic-balance analysis of nonlinear microwave circuits,” IEEE Microwave and Guided Wave Letters, vol. 7, no. 10, pp. 359–361, 1997.
- V. Rizzoli, F. Mastri, A. Coostanzo, and E. Montanari, “Highly efficient envelope-oriented analysis of large autonomous RF/microwave systems by a trust-region algorithm coupled with Krylov-subspace harmonic-balance,” in Proceedings of the 32th European Microwave Conference, pp. 1–4, Milan, Italy, October 2002.
- E. Ngoya and R. Larcheveque, “Envelop transient analysis: a new method for the transient and steady state analysis of microwave communication circuits and systems,” in Proceedings of the IEEE MTT-S International Microwave Symposium Digest, pp. 1365–1368, San Francisco, Calif, USA, June 1996.
- V. Rizzoli, A. Neri, and F. Mastri, “A modulation-oriented piecewise harmonic-balance technique suitable for transient analysis and digitally modulated analysis,” in Proceedings of the 26th European Microwave Conference, pp. 546–550, Prague, Czech Republic, October 1996.
- D. Sharrit, “Method for simulating a circuit,” U.S. Patent 5588142, December 24, 1996.
- V. Rizzoli, E. Montanari, D. Masotti, A. Lipparini, and F. Mastri, “Domain-decomposition harmonic balance with block-wise constant spectrum,” in Proceedings of the IEEE MTT-S International Microwave Symposium Digest, pp. 860–863, San Francisco, Calif, USA, June 2006.
- J. Roychowdhury, “Efficient methods for simulating highly nonlinear multi-rate circuits,” in Proceedings of the 34th Design Automation Conference, pp. 269–274, Anaheim, Calif, USA, June 1997.
- J. Roychowdhury, “Analyzing circuits with widely separated time scales using numerical PDE methods,” IEEE Transactions on Circuits and Systems I, vol. 48, no. 5, pp. 578–594, 2001.
- J. Oliveira, “Efficient methods for solving multi-rate partial differential equations in radio frequency applications,” WSEAS Transactions on Circuits and Systems, vol. 5, no. 1, pp. 24–31, 2006.
- J. Roychowdhury, “A time-domain RF steady-state method for closely spaced tones,” in Proceedings of the 39th Annual Design Automation Conference (DAC '02), pp. 510–513, New Orleans, La, USA, June 2002.
- J. C. Pedro and N. B. Carvalho, “Simulation of RF circuits driven by modulated signals without bandwidth constraints,” in Proceedings of the IEEE MTT-S International Microwave Symposium Digest, pp. 2173–2176, Seattle, Wash, USA, June 2002.
- L. Zhu and C. E. Christoffersen, “Adaptive harmonic balance analysis of oscillators using multiple time scales,” in Proceedings of the 3rd International IEEE Northeast Workshop on Circuits and Systems Conference (NEWCAS '05), pp. 187–190, Québec City, Canada, June 2005.
- J. F. Oliveira and J. C. Pedro, “A new mixed time-frequency simulation method for nonlinear heterogeneous multirate RF circuits,” in Proceedings of the IEEE MTT-S International Microwave Symposium (MTT '10), pp. 548–551, Anaheim, Calif, USA, May 2010.
- J. F. Oliveira and J. C. Pedro, “Efficient RF circuit simulation using an innovative mixed time-frequency method,” IEEE Transactions on Microwave Theory and Techniques, vol. 59, no. 4, pp. 827–836, 2011.