- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Annual Issues ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Articles in Press ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
Journal of Geological Research
Volume 2013 (2013), Article ID 176579, 8 pages
Study on p-Wave Attenuation in Hydrate-Bearing Sediments Based on BISQ Model
1School of Geophysics and Information Technology, China University of Geosciences (Beijing), Beijing 100083, China
2China National Oil and Gas Exploration and Development Corporation, Beijing 100034, China
Received 25 July 2013; Revised 27 August 2013; Accepted 27 August 2013
Academic Editor: Umberta Tinivella
Copyright © 2013 Chuanhui Li et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- G. Guerin and D. Goldberg, “Sonic waveform attenuation in gas hydrate-bearing sediments from the Mallik 2L-38 research well, Mackenzie Delta, Canada,” Journal of Geophysical Research B, vol. 107, no. 5, pp. EPM 1-1–EPM 1-11, 2002.
- G. Guerin, D. Goldberg, T. S. Collett, and Sonic attenuation in the JAPEX/JNOC/GSC, “Mallik 5L-38 gas hydrate production research well,” in Scientific Results From the Mallik 2002 Gas Hydrate Production Research Well Program, Mackenzie Delta, Northwest Territories, Canada, S. R. Dallimore and T. S. Collett, Eds., Bulletin 585, pp. 1–14, Geological Survey of Canada, 2005.
- R. G. Pratt, F. Hou, K. Bauer, et al., “Waveform tomography images of velocity and inelastic attenuation from the Mallik 2002 crosshole seismic surveys,” in Scientific Results From the Mallik 2002 Gas Hydrate Production Research Well Program, Mackenzie Delta, Northwest Territories, Canada, S. R. Dallimore and T. S. Collett, Eds., Bulletin 585, pp. 1–14, Geological Survey of Canada, 2005.
- J. Matsushima, “Attenuation measurements from sonic full waveform logs in gas hydrate bearing sediments,” in Proceedings of the of 74th SEG Annual International Meeting, pp. 346–349, 2004.
- W. T. Wood, W. S. Holbrook, and H. Hoskins, “In situ measurements of P-wave attenuation in the methane hydrate- and gas-bearing sediments of the Blake Ridge,” Proceedings of the Ocean Drilling Program: Scientific Results, vol. 164, pp. 265–272, 2000.
- K. Sain and A. K. Singh, “Seismic quality factors across a bottom simulating reflector in the Makran Accretionary Prism, Arabian Sea,” Marine and Petroleum Geology, vol. 28, no. 10, pp. 1838–1843, 2011.
- J. Dvorkin and A. Nur, “Dynamic poroelasticity: a unified model with the squirt and the biot mechanisms,” Geophysics, vol. 58, no. 4, pp. 524–533, 1993.
- J. Dvorkin, R. Nolen-Hoeksema, and A. Nur, “The squirt-flow mechanism: macroscopic description,” Geophysics, vol. 59, no. 3, pp. 428–438, 1994.
- G. Mavko, T. Mukerji, and J. Dvorkin, The Rock Physics Handbook, Cambridge University Press, 1998.
- R. Hill, “The elastic behaviour of a crystalline aggregate,” Proceedings of the Physical Society A, vol. 65, pp. 349–354, 1952.
- J. Dvorkin, M. Prasad, A. Sakai, and D. Lavoie, “Elasticity of marine sediments: rock physics modeling,” Geophysical Research Letters, vol. 26, no. 12, pp. 1781–1784, 1999.
- A. Nur, G. Mavko, J. Dvorkin, et al., “Critical porosity: the key to relating physical properties to porosityin rocks,” in Proceedings of the 65th SEG Annual International Meeting, pp. 878–882, 1995.
- J. Dvorkin and A. Nur, “Elasticity of high-porosity sandstones: theory for two north sea data sets,” Geophysics, vol. 61, no. 5, pp. 1363–1370, 1996.
- R. D. Mindlin, “Compliance of elastic bodies in contact,” Journal of Applied Mechanics, vol. 16, pp. 259–268, 1949.