- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Recently Accepted Articles ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
Journal of Industrial Engineering
Volume 2013 (2013), Article ID 593108, 9 pages
A Price-Dependent Demand Model in the Single Period Inventory System with Price Adjustment
Department of Industrial Engineering, University of Kharazmi, Tehran, Iran
Received 31 August 2012; Revised 20 November 2012; Accepted 26 November 2012
Academic Editor: Jun Zhao
Copyright © 2013 Kamran Forghani et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- J. L. Zhang, C. Y. Lee, and J. Chen, “Inventory control problem with freight cost and stochastic demand,” Operations Research Letters, vol. 37, no. 6, pp. 443–446, 2009.
- M. Khouja, “The single-period (news-vendor) problem: literature review and suggestions for future research,” Omega, vol. 27, no. 5, pp. 537–553, 1999.
- T. M. Whitin, “Inventory control and price theory,” Management Science, vol. 2, pp. 61–68, 1955.
- E. S. Mills, “Uncertainty and price theory,” The Quarterly Journal of Economics, vol. 73, pp. 116–130, 1959.
- S. Karlin and C. R. Carr, “Prices and optimal inventory policy,” in Studies in Applied Probability and Management Science, K. J. Arrow and H. Scarf, Eds., pp. 159–172, Stanford University Press, Stanford, Calif, USA, 1962.
- A. H. L. Lau and H. S. Lau, “The newsboy problem with price-dependent demand distribution,” IIE Transactions, vol. 20, no. 2, pp. 168–175, 1988.
- L. H. Polatoglu, “Optimal order quantity and pricing decisions in single-period inventory systems,” International Journal of Production Economics, vol. 23, no. 1–3, pp. 175–185, 1991.
- H. Polatoglu and I. Sahin, “Optimal procurement policies under price-dependent demand,” International Journal of Production Economics, vol. 65, no. 2, pp. 141–171, 2000.
- P. L. Abad and C. K. Jaggi, “A joint approach for setting unit price and the length of the credit period for a seller when end demand is price sensitive,” International Journal of Production Economics, vol. 183, pp. 115–122, 2003.
- A. H. L. Lau and H. S. Lau, “Effects of a demand-curve's shape on the optimal solutions of a multi-echelon inventory/pricing model,” European Journal of Operational Research, vol. 147, no. 3, pp. 530–548, 2003.
- S. Banerjee and A. Sharma, “Optimal procurement and pricing policies for inventory models with price and time dependent seasonal demand,” Mathematical and Computer Modelling, vol. 51, no. 5-6, pp. 700–714, 2010.
- G. R. Bitran and S. V. Mondschein, “Periodic pricing of seasonal products in retailing,” Management Science, vol. 43, no. 1, pp. 64–79, 1997.
- M. J. Khouja, “Optimal ordering, discounting, and pricing in the single-period problem,” International Journal of Production Economics, vol. 65, no. 2, pp. 201–216, 2000.
- A. Şen and A. X. Zhang, “The newsboy problem with multiple demand classes,” IIE Transactions, vol. 31, no. 5, pp. 431–444, 1999.
- Y. Feng and B. Xiao, “Optimal policies of yield management with multiple predetermined prices,” Operations Research, vol. 48, no. 2, pp. 332–343, 2000.
- N. C. Petruzzi and M. Dada, “Dynamic pricing and inventory control with learning,” Naval Research Logistics, vol. 49, no. 3, pp. 303–325, 2002.
- C. S. Chung, J. Flynn, and J. Zhu, “The newsvendor problem with an in-season price adjustment,” European Journal of Operational Research, vol. 198, no. 1, pp. 148–156, 2009.
- P. S. You and T. C. Chen, “Dynamic pricing of seasonal goods with spot and forward purchase demands,” Computers and Mathematics with Applications, vol. 54, no. 4, pp. 490–498, 2007.
- J. Mo, F. Mi, F. Zhou, and H. Pan, “A note on an EOQ model with stock and price sensitive demand,” Mathematical and Computer Modelling, vol. 49, no. 9-10, pp. 2029–2036, 2009.
- S. Sinha and S. P. Sarmah, “Single-vendor multi-buyer discount pricing model under stochastic demand environment,” Computers and Industrial Engineering, vol. 59, pp. 945–953, 2010.
- H. Chen, Y. Chen, C. H. Chiu, T. M. Choi, and S. Sethi, “Coordination mechanism for the supply chain with leadtime consideration and price-dependent demand,” European Journal of Operational Research, vol. 203, no. 1, pp. 70–80, 2010.
- C. H. Chiu, T. M. Choi, and C. S. Tang, “Price, rebate, and returns supply contracts for coordinating supply chains with price-dependent demands,” Production and Operations Management, vol. 20, no. 1, pp. 81–91, 2011.