- About this Journal
- Abstracting and Indexing
- Aims and Scope
- Article Processing Charges
- Articles in Press
- Author Guidelines
- Bibliographic Information
- Contact Information
- Editorial Board
- Editorial Workflow
- Free eTOC Alerts
- Publication Ethics
- Reviewers Acknowledgment
- Submit a Manuscript
- Subscription Information
- Table of Contents
Journal of Industrial Engineering
Volume 2013 (2013), Article ID 851092, 7 pages
Inventory Management and Maintenance in Offshore Vessel Industry
Systems Engineering, University of Louisiana at Lafayette, Room 244 CLR Hall, P.O. Box 44170, Lafayette, LA 70504-2250, USA
Received 19 November 2012; Revised 22 February 2013; Accepted 22 February 2013
Academic Editor: Anis Chelbi
Copyright © 2013 Jalel Ben Hmida et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- R. Ballou, Business Logistics Management, Prentice Hall, Englewood Cliffs, NJ, USA, 5th edition, 2003.
- T. Harris, “Optimized inventory management,” Production and Inventory Management Journal, vol. 38, no. 1, pp. 22–25, 1997.
- H. H. Jordan, “Inventory management in the JIT age,” Production and Inventory Management Journal, vol. 29, no. 3, pp. 57–60, 1988.
- L. Abuhilal, G. Rabadi, and A. Sousa-Poza, “Supply chain inventory control: a comparison among JIT, MRP, and MRP with information sharing using simulation,” Engineering Management Journal, vol. 18, no. 2, pp. 51–57, 2006.
- V. A. Mabert, “The early road to material requirements planning,” Journal of Operations Management, vol. 25, no. 2, pp. 346–356, 2007.
- R. Ramanathan, “ABC inventory classification with multiple-criteria using weighted linear optimization,” Computers and Operations Research, vol. 33, no. 3, pp. 695–700, 2006.
- A. Hadi-Vencheh, “An improvement to multiple criteria ABC inventory classification,” European Journal of Operational Research, vol. 201, no. 3, pp. 962–965, 2010.
- E. Kirche and R. Srivastava, “An ABC-based cost model with inventory and order level costs: a comparison with TOC,” International Journal of Production Research, vol. 43, no. 8, pp. 1685–1710, 2005.
- A. Bhattacharya, B. Sarkar, and S. K. Mukherjee, “Distance-based consensus method for ABC analysis,” International Journal of Production Research, vol. 45, no. 15, pp. 3405–3420, 2007.
- J. Hincapie, J. Lee, and W. Emblom, “Sensitivity analysis on inventory classification methods for oilfield equipment industry,” in Proceedings of the International Manufacturing Science and Engineering Conference, pp. 145–153, 2011.
- Y. L. Koçaǧa and A. Şen, “Spare parts inventory management with demand lead times and rationing,” IIE Transactions, vol. 39, no. 9, pp. 879–898, 2007.
- T. S. Vaughan, “Failure replacement and preventive maintenance spare parts ordering policy,” European Journal of Operational Research, vol. 161, no. 1, pp. 183–190, 2005.
- J. Morelli, “ABCs of rectifier maintenance. A carefully planned preventative upkeep program can reduce unscheduled downtime,” Metal Finishing, vol. 107, no. 3, pp. 34–37, 2009.
- A. Chelbi, D. Ait-Kadi, and H. Aloui, “Optimal inspection and preventive maintenance policy for systems with self-announcing and non-self-announcing failures,” Journal of Quality in Maintenance Engineering, vol. 14, no. 1, pp. 34–45, 2008.
- N. Rezg, S. Dellagi, and A. Chelbi, “Joint optimal inventory control and preventive maintenance policy,” International Journal of Production Research, vol. 46, no. 19, pp. 5349–5365, 2008.
- J. A. C. Duarte, J. C. T. A. Craveiro, and T. P. Trigo, “Optimization of the preventive maintenance plan of a series components system,” International Journal of Pressure Vessels and Piping, vol. 83, no. 4, pp. 244–248, 2006.
- G. Toomey, “Harnessing the power of maintenance,” Power Engineering, vol. 110, no. 3, pp. 42–47, 2006.
- C. M. I. Da Silva, C. M. P. Cabrita, and J. C. De Oliveira Matias, “Proactive reliability maintenance: a case study concerning maintenance service costs,” Journal of Quality in Maintenance Engineering, vol. 14, no. 4, pp. 343–355, 2008.
- M. Kans, “The advancement of maintenance information technology: a literature review,” Journal of Quality in Maintenance Engineering, vol. 15, no. 1, pp. 5–16, 2009.