- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Advance Access ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Annual Issues ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Articles in Press ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
Clinical and Developmental Immunology
Volume 2008 (2008), Article ID 723539, 15 pages
Antigen-Induced Immunomodulation in the Pathogenesis of Atherosclerosis
1Faculty of Heath and Medical Sciences, University of Surrey, Guildford, Surrey GU2 7XH, UK
2Department of Surgery, David Geffen School of Medicine, University of California, Los Angeles, CA 90095-6904, USA
3Department of Microbiology, Immunology, and Molecular Genetics, David Geffen School of Medicine, University of California, Los Angeles, CA 90095 -1678, USA
Received 17 December 2007; Revised 2 April 2008; Accepted 30 April 2008
Academic Editor: Shyam Mohapatra
Copyright © 2008 Natalia Milioti et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
Citations to this Article [20 citations]
The following is the list of published articles that have cited the current article.
- Sandrine Morel, Laurent Burnier, and Brenda R. Kwak, “Connexins participate in the initiation and progression of atherosclerosis,” Seminars in Immunopathology, vol. 31, no. 1, pp. 49–61, 2009.
- Mariann Harangi, Peter Szodoray, and György Paragh, “Atherosclerosis: a complex interplay of inflammatory processes,” Clinical Lipidology, vol. 4, no. 2, pp. 167–187, 2009.
- Pål Stenberg, Bodil Roth, and Frank A. Wollheim, “Peptidylarginine deiminases and the pathogenesis of rheumatoid arthritis,” European Journal of Internal Medicine, vol. 20, no. 8, pp. 749–755, 2009.
- Runlin Han, “Plasma lipoproteins are important components of the immune system,” Microbiology and Immunology, vol. 54, no. 4, pp. 246–253, 2009.
- Jorge Flavio Mendoza-Rincón, Arturo González-Robles, Rebeca López-Marure, and Julio Roberto Cáceres-Cortés, “Enhanced activity of pSTAT-3 ser-727 in functional endothelial cells under calcifying conditions,” Current Chemical Biology, vol. 4, no. 2, pp. 133–144, 2010.
- Runlin Han, “Plasma lipoproteins are important components of the immune system,” Microbiology and Immunology, vol. 54, no. 4, pp. 246–253, 2010.
- Melisa M.L. Velazquez, Natalia S. Alfaro, Carlos R.F. Dupuy, Natalia R. Salvetti, Florencia Rey, and Hugo H. Ortega, “Heat shock protein patterns in the bovine ovary and relation with cystic ovarian disease,” Animal Reproduction Science, vol. 118, no. 2-4, pp. 201–209, 2010.
- Tanize Do Espirito Santo Faulin, Marcela Frota Cavalcante, and Dulcineia Saes Parra Abdalla, “Role of electronegative LDL and its associated antibodies in the pathogenesis of atherosclerosis,” Clinical Lipidology, vol. 5, no. 5, pp. 719–729, 2010.
- Jun Fan, Xiang Li, Linlin Zhong, Hao-Tong Hao-Tong, Jing Di, Fang Liu, Hai-Hua Zhao, and Shu-Ling Bai, “MCP-1, ICAM-1 and VCAM-1 are present in early aneurysmal dilatation in experimental rats,” Folia Histochemica Et Cytobiologica, vol. 48, no. 3, pp. 455–461, 2010.
- Alonso-González, Pérez-Hernández, Silvestre-Rangil, and Silvestre, “Cardiovascular disease versus periodontal disease: Chronic systemic infection as a link,” Journal of Clinical and Experimental Dentistry, vol. 3, no. 5, pp. e476–e482, 2011.
- Amy S. Major, and David G. Harrison, “What Fans the Fire Insights Into Mechanisms of Inflammation in Atherosclerosis and Diabetes Mellitus,” Circulation, vol. 124, no. 25, pp. 2809–2811, 2011.
- Tanize do Espirito Santo Faulin, Karine Cavalcanti Maurício de Sena-Evangelista, Débora Bezerra Pacheco, Elaine Moura Augusto, and Dulcineia Saes Parra Abdalla, “Development of immunoassays for anti-electronegative LDL autoantibodies and immune complexes,” Clinica Chimica Acta, vol. 413, no. 1-2, pp. 291–297, 2012.
- I. Missala, U. Kassner, and E. Steinhagen-Thiessen, “A Systematic Literature Review of the Association of Lipoprotein(a) and Autoimmune Diseases and Atherosclerosis,” International Journal of Rheumatology, vol. 2012, pp. 1–10, 2012.
- Iwona Konieczna, Paulina Zarnowiec, Marek Kwinkowski, Beata Kolesińska, Justyna Fraczyk, Zbigniew Kamiński, and Wiesław Kaca, “Bacterial urease and its role in long-lasting human diseases,” Current Protein and Peptide Science, vol. 13, no. 8, pp. 789–806, 2012.
- Melisa M.L. Velázquez, Natalia R. Salvetti, Ayelen N. Amweg, Pablo U. Díaz, Valentina Matiller, and Hugo H. Ortega, “Changes in the expression of Heat Shock Proteins in ovaries from bovines with cystic ovarian disease induced by ACTH,” Research in Veterinary Science, 2013.
- N. Mejer, H. Westh, H. C. Schønheyder, A. G. Jensen, A.R. Larsen, R. Skov, and T. Benfield, “ Increased risk of venous thromboembolism within the first year after Staphylococcus aureus bacteraemia: a nationwide observational matched cohort study ,” Journal of Internal Medicine, 2013.
- Yaowapa Maneerat, Kriengchai Prasongsukarn, Kamolwan Wetchabut, Urai Chaisri, Surachet Benjathummarak, Peenutchanee Chartburus, and Vasant Khachansaksumet, “Phenotypic alterations in human saphenous vein culture induced by tumor necrosis factor-alpha and lipoproteins: a preliminary development of an initial atherosclerotic plaque model,” Lipids In Health And Disease, vol. 12, 2013.
- Daniel R. Anderson, Michael J. Duryee, Scott W. Shurmur, John Y. Um, Walter D. Bussey, Carlos D. Hunter, Robert P. Garvin, Harlan R. Sayles, Ted R. Mikuls, Lynell W. Klassen, and Geoffrey M. Thiele, “Unique Antibody Responses to Malondialdehyde-Acetaldehyde (MAA)-Protein Adducts Predict Coronary Artery Disease,” Plos One, vol. 9, no. 9, 2014.
- Tomoya Yamashita, Naoto Sasaki, Kazuyuki Kasahara, and Ken-ichi Hirata, “Anti-inflammatory and immune-modulatory therapies for preventing atherosclerotic cardiovascular disease,” Journal of Cardiology, 2015.
- Yuqi Cui, Chandrakala A. Narasimhulu, Lingjuan Liu, Qingbin Zhang, Patrick Z. Liu, Xin Li, Yuan Xiao, Jia Zhang, Hong Hao, Xiaoyun Xie, Guanglong He, Lianqun Cui, Sampath Parthasarathy, and Zhenguo Liu, “N-acetylcysteine inhibits in vivo oxidation of native low-density lipoprotein,” Scientific Reports, vol. 5, pp. 16339, 2015.