- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Annual Issues ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Articles in Press ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
Clinical and Developmental Immunology
Volume 2011 (2011), Article ID 728930, 13 pages
Th1 Cytokine-Secreting Recombinant Mycobacterium bovis Bacillus Calmette-Guérin and Prospective Use in Immunotherapy of Bladder Cancer
Department of Urology, University of Iowa, 375 Newton Road, 3202 MERF, Iowa City, IA 52242, USA
Received 2 May 2011; Accepted 17 July 2011
Academic Editor: Ronald Herberman
Copyright © 2011 Yi Luo et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
Citations to this Article [20 citations]
The following is the list of published articles that have cited the current article.
- C. Biot, C. A. Rentsch, J. R. Gsponer, F. D. Birkhauser, H. Jusforgues-Saklani, F. Lemaitre, C. Auriau, A. Bachmann, P. Bousso, C. Demangel, L. Peduto, G. N. Thalmann, and M. L. Albert, “Preexisting BCG-Specific T Cells Improve Intravesical Immunotherapy for Bladder Cancer,” Science Translational Medicine, vol. 4, no. 137, pp. 137ra72–137ra72, 2012.
- Xiong Yang, Er-Lin Sun, Qi-Duo Shi, and Rui-Fa Han, “Toll-like receptor 4 expression of human peripheral blood mononulcar cells treated by recombinant hIFN-α-2b-BCG and its role of immune activation,” National Medical Journal of China, vol. 92, no. 20, pp. 1419–1423, 2012.
- Andrew M. Jackson, and Hester A. Franks, “Response to the rebuttal letter of Kountouras and colleagues regarding the paper by Codolo et al. 'HP-NAP inhibits the growth of bladder cancer in mice by activating a cytotoxic Th1 response',” Cancer Immunology Immunotherapy, vol. 61, no. 3, pp. 449–451, 2012.
- M A Ingersoll, and M L Albert, “From infection to immunotherapy: host immune responses to bacteria at the bladder mucosa,” Mucosal Immunology, 2013.
- Luigi Bernini, Carlo Umberto Manzini, Dilia Giuggioli, Marco Sebastiani, and Clodoveo Ferri, “Reactive arthritis induced by intravesical BCG therapy for bladder cancer: our clinical experience and systematic review of the literature,” Autoimmunity Reviews, 2013.
- Kevin Shenderov, Sho Yamasaki, Xin Lin, Jenny P.-Y. Ting, Giorgio Trinchieri, Gurdyal S. Besra, Vincenzo Cerundolo, Alan Sher, Daniel L. Barber, Katrin D. Mayer-Barber, Sudagar S. Gurcha, Dragana Jankovic, Carl G. Feng, Sandy Oland, Sara Hieny, and Pat Caspar, “Cord factor and peptidoglycan recapitulate the Th17-promoting adjuvant activity of mycobacteria through mincle/CARD9 signaling and the inflammasome,” Journal of Immunology, vol. 190, no. 11, pp. 5722–5730, 2013.
- Ahmad Nofal, Ayman Yosef, and Eman Salah, “Treatment of recalcitrant warts with Bacillus Calmette-Guérin: a promising new approach,” Dermatologic Therapy, 2013.
- Koji Kawai, Jun Miyazaki, Akira Joraku, Hiroyuki Nishiyama, and Hideyuki Akaza, “Bacillus Calmette-Guerin (BCG) immunotherapy for bladder cancer: Current understanding and perspectives on engineered BCG vaccine,” Cancer Science, vol. 104, no. 1, pp. 22–27, 2013.
- Ayman Yosef, Ahmad Nofal, Eman Salah, and Eman Nofal, “Intralesional Antigen Immunotherapy for the Treatment of Warts: Current Concepts and Future Prospects,” American Journal Of Clinical Dermatology, vol. 14, no. 4, pp. 253–260, 2013.
- Yonghua Wang, Meng Yang, Qinchao Yu, Lun Yu, Shixiu Shao, and Xinsheng Wang, “Recombinant bacillus Calmette-Guérin in urothelial bladder cancer immunotherapy: current strategies,” Expert Review of Anticancer Therapy, pp. 1–9, 2014.
- Juhua Zhou, Prakash Nagarkatti, Yin Zhong, Jay P. Ginsberg, Narendra P. Singh, Jiajia Zhang, and Mitzi Nagarkatti, “Dysregulation in microRNA Expression Is Associated with Alterations in Immune Functions in Combat Veterans with Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder,” Plos One, vol. 9, no. 4, 2014.
- Hong-Mei Xu, “Th1 cytokine-based immunotherapy for cancer,” Hepatobiliary & Pancreatic Diseases International, vol. 13, no. 5, pp. 482–494, 2014.
- Yuan-qiang Zheng, Youssef W. Naguib, Yixuan Dong, Yan-chun Shi, Shorgan Bou, and Zhengrong Cui, “Applications of bacillus Calmette-Guerin and recombinant bacillus Calmette-Guerin in vaccine development and tumor immunotherapy,” Expert Review Of Vaccines, vol. 14, no. 9, pp. 1255–1275, 2015.
- Estela Noguera-Ortega, Rosa Maria Rabanal, Silvia Secanella-Fandos, Eduard Torrents, Marina Luquin, and Esther Julián, “γ Irradiated Mycobacteria Enhance Survival in Bladder Tumor Bearing Mice Although Less Efficaciously than Live Mycobacteria,” The Journal of Urology, 2015.
- Eva MarÃa GarcÃa-Cuesta, Sheila LÃ³pez-Cobo, Mario Ãlvarez-Maestro, Gloria Esteso, Gema Romera-CÃ¡rdenas, Mercedes Rey, Robin L. Cassady-Cain, Ana Linares, Alejandro ValÃ©s-GÃ³mez, Hugh Thomson Reyburn, Luis MartÃnez-PiÃ±eiro, and Mar ValÃ©s-GÃ³mez, “NKG2D is a Key Receptor for Recognition of Bladder Cancer Cells by IL-2-Activated NK Cells and BCG Promotes NK Cell Activation,” Frontiers in Immunology, vol. 6, 2015.
- Brock E. Boehm, and Robert S. Svatek, “Novel Therapeutic Approaches for Recurrent Nonmuscle Invasive Bladder Cancer,” Urologic Clinics of North America, 2015.
- K. R. Begnini, J. H. Buss, T. Collares, and F. K. Seixas, “Recombinant Mycobacterium bovis BCG for immunotherapy in nonmuscle invasive bladder cancer,” Applied Microbiology and Biotechnology, 2015.
- Sean G Smith, and David A Zaharoff, “Future directions in bladder cancer immunotherapy: towards adaptive immunity,” Immunotherapy, 2016.
- Deepashree Daulatabad, Deepika Pandhi, and Archana Singal, “BCG vaccine for immunotherapy in warts: is it really safe in a tuberculosis endemic area?,” Dermatologic Therapy, 2016.
- Ebuzer Kalyoncu, Tolga T. Olmez, Alper D. Ozkan, and Omer F. Sarioglu, “Biosystems Engineering of Prokaryotes with Tumor-Killing Capacities,” Current Pharmaceutical Design, vol. 22, no. 11, pp. 1521–1528, 2016.