- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Annual Issues ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Recently Accepted Articles ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
Clinical and Developmental Immunology
Volume 2012 (2012), Article ID 139127, 14 pages
The Tuberculous Granuloma: An Unsuccessful Host Defence Mechanism Providing a Safety Shelter for the Bacteria?
INSERM U892, CNRS UMR 6299, Université de Nantes, 44007 Nantes Cedex 1, France
Received 9 December 2011; Revised 16 April 2012; Accepted 30 April 2012
Academic Editor: E. Shevach
Copyright © 2012 Mayra Silva Miranda et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
Citations to this Article [8 citations]
The following is the list of published articles that have cited the current article.
- Toshihiro Ito, Judith M. Connett, Steven L. Kunkel, and Akihiro Matsukawa, “The linkage of innate and adaptive immune response during granulomatous development,” Frontiers in Immunology, vol. 4, 2012.
- S. Danaviah, J.A. Sacks, K.P.S. Kumar, L.M. Taylor, D.A. Fallows, T. Naicker, T. Ndung'u, S. Govender, and G. Kaplan, “Immunohistological characterization of spinal TB granulomas from HIV-negative and -positive patients,” Tuberculosis, 2013.
- Khalid Ahmed Al-Anazi, Asma Marzouq Al-Jasser, and Khalid Alsaleh, “Infections Caused by Mycobacterium tuberculosis in Recipients of Hematopoietic Stem Cell Transplantation,” Frontiers in Oncology, vol. 4, 2014.
- Shajila Siricilla, Katsuhiko Mitachi, Karolina Skorupinska-Tudek, Ewa Swiezewska, and Michio Kurosu, “Biosynthesis of A Water-Soluble Lipid I Analogue and A Convenient Assay for Translocase I,” Analytical Biochemistry, 2014.
- Libin Shi, Gavin J. Ryan, Suresh Bhamidi, JoLynn Troudt, Anita Amin, Angelo Izzo, Anne J. Lenaerts, Michael R. McNeil, John T. Belisle, Dean C. Crick, and Delphi Chatterjee, “Isolation and Purification of Mycobacterium tuberculosis from H37Rv Infected Guinea Pig Lungs,” Tuberculosis, 2014.
- Monika Prochorec-Sobieszek, and Ewa Lech-Maranda, “Hodgkin's Lymphoma Mimicking Tuberculosis In Cervical Lymph Nodes,” Polish Journal of Pathology, vol. 65, no. 1, pp. 83–88, 2014.
- Véronique Dartois, “The path of anti-tuberculosis drugs: from blood to lesions to mycobacterial cells,” Nature Reviews Microbiology, 2014.
- Liam E. Fitzgerald, Naiara Abendaño, Ramon A. Juste, and Marta Alonso-Hearn, “Three-Dimensional In Vitro Models of Granuloma to Study Bacteria-Host Interactions, Drug-Susceptibility, and Resuscitation of Dormant Mycobacteria,” BioMed Research International, vol. 2014, pp. 1–8, 2014.