- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Advance Access ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Annual Issues ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Articles in Press ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
Clinical and Developmental Immunology
Volume 2012 (2012), Article ID 139127, 14 pages
The Tuberculous Granuloma: An Unsuccessful Host Defence Mechanism Providing a Safety Shelter for the Bacteria?
INSERM U892, CNRS UMR 6299, Université de Nantes, 44007 Nantes Cedex 1, France
Received 9 December 2011; Revised 16 April 2012; Accepted 30 April 2012
Academic Editor: E. Shevach
Copyright © 2012 Mayra Silva Miranda et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
Citations to this Article [12 citations]
The following is the list of published articles that have cited the current article.
- Toshihiro Ito, Judith M. Connett, Steven L. Kunkel, and Akihiro Matsukawa, “The linkage of innate and adaptive immune response during granulomatous development,” Frontiers in Immunology, vol. 4, 2012.
- S. Danaviah, J.A. Sacks, K.P.S. Kumar, L.M. Taylor, D.A. Fallows, T. Naicker, T. Ndung'u, S. Govender, and G. Kaplan, “Immunohistological characterization of spinal TB granulomas from HIV-negative and -positive patients,” Tuberculosis, 2013.
- Khalid Ahmed Al-Anazi, Asma Marzouq Al-Jasser, and Khalid Alsaleh, “Infections Caused by Mycobacterium tuberculosis in Recipients of Hematopoietic Stem Cell Transplantation,” Frontiers in Oncology, vol. 4, 2014.
- Libin Shi, Gavin J. Ryan, Suresh Bhamidi, JoLynn Troudt, Anita Amin, Angelo Izzo, Anne J. Lenaerts, Michael R. McNeil, John T. Belisle, Dean C. Crick, and Delphi Chatterjee, “Isolation and Purification of Mycobacterium tuberculosis from H37Rv Infected Guinea Pig Lungs,” Tuberculosis, 2014.
- Shajila Siricilla, Katsuhiko Mitachi, Karolina Skorupinska-Tudek, Ewa Swiezewska, and Michio Kurosu, “Biosynthesis of A Water-Soluble Lipid I Analogue and A Convenient Assay for Translocase I,” Analytical Biochemistry, 2014.
- Monika Prochorec-Sobieszek, and Ewa Lech-Maranda, “Hodgkin's Lymphoma Mimicking Tuberculosis In Cervical Lymph Nodes,” Polish Journal of Pathology, vol. 65, no. 1, pp. 83–88, 2014.
- Véronique Dartois, “The path of anti-tuberculosis drugs: from blood to lesions to mycobacterial cells,” Nature Reviews Microbiology, 2014.
- Zhiwei Wang, Xiaoguang Li, Jie Pan, Huadan Xue, Zhengyu Jin, Haifeng Shi, Xiaobo Zhang, Wei Liu, and Ning Yang, “Role of CT-guided transthoracic core needle biopsy in the diagnosis of pulmonary tuberculosis,” Radiology of Infectious Diseases, 2014.
- Marilena Paola Etna, Elena Giacomini, Martina Severa, and Eliana Marina Coccia, “Pro- and anti-inflammatory cytokines in TB: A two-edged sword in TB pathogenesis,” Seminars in Immunology, 2014.
- Shajila Siricilla, Katsuhiko Mitachi, Bajoie Wan, Scott G Franzblau, and Michio Kurosu, “Discovery of a capuramycin analog that kills nonreplicating Mycobacterium tuberculosis and its synergistic effects with translocase I inhibitors,” The Journal of Antibiotics, 2014.
- Liam E. Fitzgerald, Naiara Abendaño, Ramon A. Juste, and Marta Alonso-Hearn, “Three-Dimensional In Vitro Models of Granuloma to Study Bacteria-Host Interactions, Drug-Susceptibility, and Resuscitation of Dormant Mycobacteria,” BioMed Research International, vol. 2014, pp. 1–8, 2014.
- JoAnne L. Flynn, Hannah P. Gideon, Joshua T. Mattila, and Philana Ling Lin, “Immunology studies in non-human primate models of tuberculosis,” Immunological Reviews, vol. 264, no. 1, pp. 60–73, 2015.