- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Annual Issues ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Articles in Press ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
Clinical and Developmental Immunology
Volume 2012 (2012), Article ID 167132, 7 pages
Macroprolactinemia: Diagnostic, Clinical, and Pathogenic Significance
1Clinical Research Institute, National Hospital Organization Kyoto Medical Center, 1-1 Mukaihata-cho, Fukakusa, Fushimi-ku, Kyoto 612-8555, Japan
2Department of Pharmaceutical Sciences, Ritsumeikan University, Shiga 525-8577, Japan
Received 12 September 2012; Revised 2 November 2012; Accepted 8 November 2012
Academic Editor: Xavier Bossuyt
Copyright © 2012 Akira Shimatsu and Naoki Hattori. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
Citations to this Article [21 citations]
The following is the list of published articles that have cited the current article.
- Sylvia A. Y. Hayashida, Jose A. M. Marcondes, Jose M. Soares, Michelle P. Rocha, Cristiano R. G. Barcellos, Nelly K. A. Kobayashi, Edmund C. Baracat, and Gustavo A. R. Maciel, “Evaluation of macroprolactinemia in 259 women under investigation for polycystic ovary syndrome,” Clinical Endocrinology, 2013.
- Sollip Kim, and Young-Min Park, “Serum Prolactin and Macroprolactin Levels among Outpatients with Major Depressive Disorder Following the Administration of Selective Serotonin-Reuptake Inhibitors: A Cross-Sectional Pilot Study,” Plos One, vol. 8, no. 12, 2013.
- Laurent Vroonen, Adrian F Daly, and Albert Beckers, “Challenges and controversies in the treatment of prolactinomas,” Expert Review of Endocrinology & Metabolism, pp. 1–12, 2014.
- Andrea Glezer, and Marcello D. Bronstein, “Prolactinoma,” Arquivos Brasileiros de Endocrinologia E Metabologia, vol. 58, no. 2, pp. 118–123, 2014.
- SutirthaChakraborty, and Anders Kallner, “Measurement of serum-phosphate concentration in Immunoglobulin G monoclonal gammopathy after PEG-precipitation,” Clinica Chimica Acta, 2014.
- Andrea Glezer, and Marcello D. Bronstein, “Prolactinomas,” Endocrinology and Metabolism Clinics of North America, 2014.
- M. Kasum, D. Pavičić-Baldani, P. Stanić, S. Orešković, J-M. Šarić, J. Blajić, and J. Juras, “Importance of macroprolactinaemia in hyperprolactinaemia,” European Journal of Obstetrics & Gynecology and Reproductive Biology, 2014.
- C. Ress, P. -A. Maeser, A. Tschoner, L. Loacker, K. Salzmann, G. Staudacher, A. Melmer, H. Zoller, W. Vogel, A. Griesmacher, H. Tilg, I. Graziadei, and S. Kaser, “Serum Prolactin in Advanced Chronic Liver Disease,” Hormone and Metabolic Research, vol. 46, no. 11, pp. 800–803, 2014.
- R. Krysiak, B. Kowalska, W. Szkrobka, and B. Okopien, “The Association between Macroprolactin Levels and Vitamin D Status in Premenopausal Women with Macroprolactinemia: A Pilot Study,” Experimental And Clinical Endocrinology & Diabetes, vol. 123, no. 8, pp. 446–450, 2015.
- V. Hepp, T. Rabe, T. Strowitzki, and A. Germeyer, “Makroprolaktinämie,” Gynäkologische Endokrinologie, 2015.
- Anna Capozzi, Giovanni Scambia, Alfredo Pontecorvi, and Stefano Lello, “Hyperprolactinemia: pathophysiology and therapeutic approach,” Gynecological Endocrinology, pp. 1–5, 2015.
- Hoong-Wei Gan, Chloe Bulwer, Owase Jeelani, Michael Alan Levine, Márta Korbonits, and Helen Alexandra Spoudeas, “Treatment-resistant pediatric giant prolactinoma and multiple endocrine neoplasia type 1,” International Journal of Pediatric Endocrinology, vol. 2015, no. 1, 2015.
- Abdullah Bolu, and S. Ahmet Ay, “The Effects of Antipsychotics on Prolactin and Bone Mineral Density,” Noropsikiyatri Arsivi-Archives Of Neuropsychiatry, vol. 52, no. 2, pp. 210–210, 2015.
- Metin Guclu, Soner Cander, Sinem Kiyici, Ebru Vatansever, Arif Bayram Hacihasanoğlu, and Gurcan Kisakol, “Serum macroprolactin levels in pregnancy and association with thyroid autoimmunity,” BMC Endocrine Disorders, vol. 15, no. 1, 2015.
- Giuseppe Musumeci, Paola Castrogiovanni, Marta Anna Szychlinska, Flavia Concetta Aiello, Giada Maria Vecchio, Lucia Salvatorelli, Gaetano Magro, and Rosa Imbesi, “Mammary gland: From embryogenesis to adult life,” Acta Histochemica, 2015.
- Rohan K. Henry, and Sasigarn A. Bowden, “A Macroprolactin Level Today May Keep Health Care Cost and the Surgical Knife at Bay,” Clinical Pediatrics, vol. 54, no. 3, pp. 283–285, 2015.
- Robert Krysiak, Beata Kowalska, Witold Szkróbka, and Boguslaw Okopien, “The effect of oral contraception on macroprolactin levels in women with macroprolactinemia: A pilot study,” Pharmacological Reports, 2015.
- Giuseppe Lippi, and Mario Plebani, “Macroprolactin: searching for a needle in a haystack?,” Clinical Chemistry And Laboratory Medicine, vol. 54, no. 4, pp. 519–522, 2016.
- Young-Min Park, Seung-Hwan Lee, Bun-Hee Lee, Kyu Young Lee, Kye-Seong Lee, Seung-Gul Kang, Hwa-Young Lee, and Won Kim, “Prolactin and macroprolactin levels in psychiatric patients receiving atypical antipsychotics: A preliminary study,” Psychiatry Research, 2016.
- Maryam Yousefi, Nikoo Mozafari, Mahboobeh Sadat Hosseini, Sharareh Gholamin, Seyed-Mostafa Razavi, Mohammad Reza Namazi, and Shima Younespour, “Evaluating serum prolactin and serum dehydroepiandrosterone sulfate levels in patients with pemphigus,” International Journal of Dermatology, 2016.
- Fatma Dilek Dellal, Didem Ozdemir, Cevdet Aydin, Gulfem Kaya, Reyhan Ersoy, and Bekir Cakir, “Gigantomastia and Macroprolactinemia Responding to Cabergoline Treatment: A Case Report and Minireview of the Literature,” Case Reports in Endocrinology, vol. 2016, pp. 1–5, 2016.