- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Advance Access ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Annual Issues ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Articles in Press ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
Clinical and Developmental Immunology
Volume 2012 (2012), Article ID 515962, 12 pages
HIV RNA Suppression and Immune Restoration: Can We Do Better?
1Division of Infectious Diseases, Department of Clinical and Molecular Biomedicine, University of Catania, Catania 95125, Italy
2Department of Microbiology and Immunology, Jefferson Medical College, Thomas Jefferson University, Philadelphia, PA 19107, USA
Received 15 November 2011; Revised 2 January 2012; Accepted 15 January 2012
Academic Editor: Carlo Torti
Copyright © 2012 Marilia Rita Pinzone et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
Citations to this Article [11 citations]
The following is the list of published articles that have cited the current article.
- Joseph B. Sempa, Agnes N. Kiragga, Barbara Castelnuovo, Moses R. Kamya, and Yukari C. Manabe, “Among Patients with Sustained Viral Suppression in a Resource-Limited Setting, CD4 Gains Are Continuous Although Gender-Based Differences Occur,” PLoS ONE, vol. 8, no. 8, 2013.
- Michele Di Rosa, Fabrizio Condorelli, Bruno Cacopardo, Giuseppe Nunnari, and Marilia Rita Pinzone, “Sirtuin-1 and HIV-1: An Overview,” Current Drug Targets, vol. 14, no. 6, pp. 648–652, 2013.
- Silvia Baroncelli, Maria Franca Pirillo, Clementina Maria Galluzzo, Anna Degli Antoni, Nicoletta Ladisa, Daniela Francisci, Gabriella d'Ettorre, Daniela Segala, Angela Vivarelli, Federica Sozio, Oscar Cirioni, Liliana Elena Weimer, Vincenzo Fragola, Giustino Parruti, and Marco Floridia, “Rate and Determinants of Residual Viremia in Multidrug-Experienced Patients Successfully Treated with Raltegravir-Based Regimens,” AIDS Research and Human Retroviruses, pp. 140902132356004, 2014.
- Hans J. Hartling, Lise W. Thørner, Christian Erikstrup, Lene H. Harritshøj, Gitte Kronborg, Court Pedersen, Carsten S. Larsen, Marie Helleberg, Jan Gerstoft, Niels Obel, Henrik Ullum, and Susanne D. Nielsen, “Polymorphism in interleukin-7 receptor α gene is associated with faster CD4+ T-cell recovery after initiation of combination antiretroviral therapy,” Aids, vol. 28, no. 12, pp. 1739–1748, 2014.
- Jemma L. O'Connor, Colette J. Smith, Fiona C. Lampe, Teresa Hill, Mark Gompels, Phillip Hay, David Chadwick, Martin Fisher, Jonathan Ainsworth, Richard Gilson, Nicky Mackie, Jane Anderson, Chloe Orkin, Mark Nelson, Stephen Kegg, Clifford Leen, Adrian Palfreeman, Frank Post, Margaret Johnson, Caroline A. Sabin, and Andrew N. Phillips, “Failure to achieve a CD4(+) cell count response on combination antiretroviral therapy despite consistent viral load suppression,” Aids, vol. 28, no. 6, pp. 919–924, 2014.
- Johan van Griensven, Lay Phirum, Kimcheng Choun, S Sopheak Thai, Anja De Weggheleire, and Lutgarde Lynen, “Hepatitis B and C Co-Infection among HIV-Infected Adults while on Antiretroviral Treatment: Long-Term Survival, CD4 Cell Count Recovery and Antiretroviral Toxicity in Cambodia,” Plos One, vol. 9, no. 2, 2014.
- M. R. Petrara, M. Penazzato, W. Massavon, S. Nabachwa, M. Nannyonga, A. Mazza, K. Gianesin, P. Del Bianco, R. Lundin, C. Sumpter, M. Zanchetta, C. Giaquinto, and A. De Rossi, “Epstein-Barr Virus Load in Children Infected With Human Immunodeficiency Virus Type 1 in Uganda,” Journal of Infectious Diseases, 2014.
- Gabriella d'Ettorre, Silvia Baroncelli, Luca Micci, Giancarlo Ceccarelli, Mauro Andreotti, Prachi Sharma, Gianfranco Fanello, Fausto Fiocca, Eugenio Nelson Cavallari, Noemi Giustini, Alessandra Mallano, Clementina M. Galluzzo, Stefano Vella, Claudio M. Mastroianni, Guido Silvestri, Mirko Paiardini, and Vincenzo Vullo, “Reconstitution of Intestinal CD4 and Th17 T Cells in Antiretroviral Therapy Suppressed HIV-Infected Subjects: Implication for Residual Immune Activation from the Results of a Clinical Trial,” Plos One, vol. 9, no. 10, 2014.
- Doungnapa Kingkeow, Sarinee Srithep, Jutarat Praparattanapan, Khuanchai Supparatpinyo, and Sakorn Pornprasert, “Thymic Function during 12 Months of Highly Active Antiretroviral Therapy in Thai HIV-Infected Patients with Normal and Slow Immune Recovery,” Japanese Journal Of Infectious Diseases, vol. 68, no. 5, pp. 353–356, 2015.
- G. Batista, A. Buvé, N.F. Ngom Gueye, N.M. Manga, M.N. Diop, K. Ndiaye, A. Thiam, F. Ly, A. Diallo, C.T. Ndour, and M. Seydi, “Initial suboptimal CD4 reconstitution with antiretroviral therapy despite full viral suppression in a cohort of HIV-infected patients in Senegal,” Médecine et Maladies Infectieuses, 2015.
- Marilia Rita Pinzone, Massimiliano Berretta, Bruno Cacopardo, and Giuseppe Nunnari, “Epstein-Barr Virus– and Kaposi Sarcoma-Associated Herpesvirus–Related Malignancies in the Setting of Human Immunodeficiency Virus Infection,” Seminars in Oncology, vol. 42, no. 2, pp. 258–271, 2015.