- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Annual Issues ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Recently Accepted Articles ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
Clinical and Developmental Immunology
Volume 2012 (2012), Article ID 568564, 8 pages
Systemic-Lupus-Erythematosus-Related Acute Pancreatitis: A Cohort from South China
1Department of Rheumatology, The 1st Affiliated Hospital, Sun Yat-Sen University, Guangzhou, Guangdong 510080, China
2Department of Internal Medicine/Rheumatology, University of Texas Southwestern Medical Center, Dallas, TX 75390, USA
Received 21 February 2012; Revised 26 April 2012; Accepted 29 April 2012
Academic Editor: Chaim Putterman
Copyright © 2012 Yanlong Yang et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- D. Xu, H. Yang, C. C. Lai et al., “Clinical analysis of systemic lupus erythematosus with gastrointestinal manifestations,” Lupus, vol. 19, no. 7, pp. 866–869, 2010.
- D. S. Myung, T. J. Kim, S. J. Lee et al., “Lupus-associated pancreatitis complicated by pancreatic pseudocyst and central nervous system vasculitis,” Lupus, vol. 18, no. 1, pp. 74–77, 2009.
- G. S. Breuer, A. Baer, D. Dahan, and G. Nesher, “Lupus-associated pancreatitis,” Autoimmunity Reviews, vol. 5, no. 5, pp. 314–318, 2006.
- G. Nesher, G. S. Breuer, K. Temprano et al., “Lupus-associated pancreatitis,” Seminars in Arthritis and Rheumatism, vol. 35, no. 4, pp. 260–267, 2006.
- C. T. Derk and R. J. DeHoratius, “Systemic lupus erythematosus and acute pancreatitis: a case series,” Clinical Rheumatology, vol. 23, no. 2, pp. 147–151, 2004.
- L. Essaadouni, E. Samar, and K. Krati, “Pancreatitis as initial manifestation of systemic lupus erythematosus,” Lupus, vol. 19, no. 7, pp. 884–887, 2010.
- G. S. Firestein, R. C. Budd, E. D. Harris Jr, I. B. McInnes, S. Ruddy, and J. S. Sergent, Kelley's Textbook of Rheumatology, W. B. Saunders Company, Philadelphia, Pa, USA, 8th edition, 2008.
- J. L. Noia, F. M. García, S. S. Ríos, J. Iglesias García, and J. E. Domínguez Muñoz, “Pancreatitis and systemic lupus erythematosus,” Revista Espanola de Enfermedades Digestivas, vol. 101, no. 8, pp. 571–579, 2009.
- F. Wang, N. S. Wang, B. H. Zhao, and L. Q. Tang, “Acute pancreatitis as an initial symptom of systemic lupus erythematosus: a case report and review of the literature,” World Journal of Gastroenterology, vol. 11, no. 30, pp. 4766–4768, 2005.
- M. S. Al-Hakeem and M. A. McMillen, “Evaluation of abdominal pain in systemic lupus erythematosus,” American Journal of Surgery, vol. 176, no. 3, pp. 291–294, 1998.
- J. L. Huang, C. C. Huang, C. Y. Chen, and I. J. Hung, “Acute pancreatitis: an early manifestation of systemic lupus erythematosus,” Pediatric Emergency Care, vol. 10, no. 5, pp. 291–293, 1994.
- A. Makol and M. Petri, “Pancreatitis in systemic lupus erythematosus: frequency and associated factors-a review of the Hopkins Lupus Cohort,” Journal of Rheumatology, vol. 37, no. 2, pp. 341–345, 2010.
- P. Forabosco, J. D. Gorman, C. Cleveland et al., “Meta-analysis of genome-wide linkage studies of systemic lupus erythematosus,” Genes and Immunity, vol. 7, no. 7, pp. 609–614, 2006.
- M. C. Hochberg, “Updating the American college of rheumatology revised criteria for the classification of systemic lupus erythematosus,” Arthritis and Rheumatism, vol. 40, no. 9, p. 1725, 1997.
- J. H. C. Ranson and P. Shamamian, “Diagnostic standards for acute pancreatitis,” World Journal of Surgery, vol. 21, no. 2, pp. 136–142, 1997.
- C. Bombardier, D. D. Gladman, M. B. Urowitz, D. Caron, and C. H. Chang, “Derivation of the SLEDAI. A disease activity index for lupus patients. The committee on prognosis studies in SLE,” Arthritis & Rheumatism, vol. 35, no. 6, pp. 630–640, 1992.
- D. Gladman, E. Ginzler, C. Goldsmith et al., “The development and initial validation of the Systemic Lupus International Collaborating Clinics/American College of Rheumatology damage index for systemic lupus erythematosus,” Arthritis and Rheumatism, vol. 39, no. 3, pp. 363–369, 1996.
- E. L. Bradley and C. F. Frey, “A clinically based classification system for acute pancreatitis: summary of the International Symposium on Acute Pancreatitis, Atlanta, Ga, September 11 through 13, 1992,” Archives of Surgery, vol. 128, no. 5, pp. 586–590, 1993.
- W. Silverstein, M. B. Isikoff, M. C. Hill, and J. Barkin, “Diagnostic imaging of acute pancreatitis: prospective study using CT and sonography,” American Journal of Roentgenology, vol. 137, no. 3, pp. 497–502, 1981.
- D. A. Sarti and W. King, “The ultrasonic findings in inflammatory pancreatic disease,” Seminars in Ultrasound, vol. 1, no. 3, pp. 178–191, 1980.
- D. Whitcomb, “Acute pancreatitis,” The New England Journal of Medicine, vol. 354, pp. 2142–2150, 2006.
- V. Pascual-Ramos, A. Duarte-Rojo, A. R. Villa et al., “Systemic lupus erythematosus as a cause and prognostic factor of acute pancreatitis,” Journal of Rheumatology, vol. 31, no. 4, pp. 707–712, 2004.
- C. H. Wang, T. C. Yao, Y. L. Huang, L. S. Ou, K. W. Yeh, and J. L. Huang, “Acute pancreatitis in pediatric and adult-onset systemic lupus erythematosus: a comparison and review of the literature,” Lupus, vol. 20, no. 5, pp. 443–452, 2011.
- P. J. Fagenholz, C. F. D. Castillo, N. S. Harris, A. J. Pelletier, and C. A. Camargo Jr, “Increasing United States hospital admissions for acute pancreatitis, 1988–2003,” Annals of Epidemiology, vol. 17, no. 7, pp. 491–e1, 2007.
- G. Cavallini, L. Frulloni, C. Bassi et al., “Prospective multicentre survey on acute pancreatitis in Italy (ProInf-AISP): results on 1005 patients,” Digestive and Liver Disease, vol. 36, no. 3, pp. 205–211, 2004.
- D. V. Mann, M. J. Hershman, R. Hittinger, and G. Glazer, “Multicentre audit of death from acute pancreatitis,” British Journal of Surgery, vol. 81, no. 6, pp. 890–893, 1994.
- C. Y. Fu, C. N. Yeh, J. T. Hsu, Y. Y. Jan, and T. L. Hwang, “Timing of mortality in severe acute pancreatitis: experience from 643 patients,” World Journal of Gastroenterology, vol. 13, no. 13, pp. 1966–1969, 2007.
- T. H. Baron and D. E. Morgan, “Acute necrotizing pancreatitis,” New England Journal of Medicine, vol. 340, no. 18, pp. 1412–1417, 1999.
- R. Isenmann, B. Rau, and H. G. Beger, “Bacterial infection and extent of necrosis are determinants of organ failure in patients with acute necrotizing pancreatitis,” British Journal of Surgery, vol. 86, no. 8, pp. 1020–1024, 1999.
- O. Richer, T. Ulinski, I. Lemelle et al., “Abdominal manifestations in childhood-onset systemic lupus erythematosus,” Annals of the Rheumatic Diseases, vol. 66, no. 2, pp. 174–178, 2007.
- X. Zhang, X. J. Zeng, Y. Dong, et al., “Digestive system involvement in systemic lupus erythematosus,” Chinese Journal of Digestive Diseases, vol. 19, no. 1, pp. 42–44, 1999.
- U. R. Nwaneri, C. O. Callender, and J. E. Stevens, “Lupus pancreatitis,” Journal of the National Medical Association, vol. 87, no. 8, pp. 575–576, 1995.
- J. C. Reynolds, R. D. Inman, and R. P. Kimberly, “Acute pancreatitis in systemic lupus erythematosus: report of twenty cases and a review of the literature,” Medicine, vol. 61, no. 1, pp. 25–32, 1982.
- W. M. Steinberg and J. H. Lewis, “Steroid-induced pancreatitis: does it really exist?” Gastroenterology, vol. 81, no. 4, pp. 799–808, 1981.
- S. Saab, M. P. Corr, and M. H. Weisman, “Corticosteroids and systemic lupus erythematosus pancreatitis: a case series,” Journal of Rheumatology, vol. 25, no. 4, pp. 801–806, 1998.
- D. Kapoor, E. Mendez, and L. R. Espinoza, “Corticosteroids and SLE pancreatitis,” Journal of Rheumatology, vol. 26, no. 4, pp. 1011–1012, 1999.
- M. Petri, “Pancreatitis in systemic lupus erythematosus: still in search of a mechanism,” Journal of Rheumatology, vol. 19, no. 7, pp. 1014–1016, 1992.