- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Advance Access ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Annual Issues ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Articles in Press ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
Clinical and Developmental Immunology
Volume 2012 (2012), Article ID 640835, 8 pages
Ileal Inflammation May Trigger the Development of GP2-Specific Pancreatic Autoantibodies in Patients with Crohn’s Disease
1Division of Transplantation Immunology and Mucosal Biology, King’s College London School of Medicine at King’s College Hospital, London SE5 9RJ, UK
2Department of Gastroenterology and Clinical Nutrition, University College Hospital, 250 Euston Road, London NW1 2PG, UK
3Cellular Immunotherapy and Molecular Immunodiagnostics, Center for Research and Technology, Thessaly, 41222 Larissa, Greece
4Faculty of Natural Science, Lausitz University of Applied Sciences, 01968 Senftenberg, Germany
5GA Generic Assays GmbH, L.-Erhard-Ring 3, Dahlewitz, 15827 Berlin, Germany
6Department of Medicine, University of Thessaly Medical School, Viopolis, Larissa 41110, Greece
7Institute of Immunology, Technical University Dresden, Fetscherstrasse 74, 01307 Dresden, Germany
Received 22 June 2012; Accepted 7 September 2012
Academic Editor: Xavier Bossuyt
Copyright © 2012 Polychronis Pavlidis et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
Citations to this Article [11 citations]
The following is the list of published articles that have cited the current article.
- Polychronis Pavlidis, Alastair Forbes, and Dimitrios P. Bogdanos, “Anti-GP2 antibodies in inflammatory bowel disease patients with ileal pouch,” Journal of Crohn's and Colitis, 2013.
- Christos Liaskos, Vassiliki Spyrou, Dirk Roggenbuck, Labrini V. Athanasiou, Timoklia Orfanidou, Athanasios Mavropoulos, Dirk Reinhold, Eirini I. Rigopoulou, Georgios S. Amiridis, Charalambos Billinis, and Dimitrios P. Bogdanos, “Crohn’s disease-specific pancreatic autoantibodies are specifically present in ruminants with paratuberculosis: Implications for the pathogenesis of the human disease,” Autoimmunity, pp. 1–7, 2013.
- Valentina Somma, Hani Ababneh, Ahmad Ababneh, Simona Gatti, Vittorio Romagnoli, Emanuele Bendia, Karsten Conrad, Dimitrios P. Bogdanos, Dirk Roggenbuck, and Gino Ciarrocchi, “The Novel Crohn's Disease Marker Anti-GP2 Antibody Is Associated with Ileocolonic Location of Disease,” Gastroenterology Research and Practice, vol. 2013, pp. 1–7, 2013.
- Christos Liaskos, Eirini I. Rigopoulou, Timoklia Orfanidou, Dimitrios P. Bogdanos, and Christos N. Papandreou, “CUZD1 and Anti-CUZD1 Antibodies as Markers of Cancer and Inflammatory Bowel Diseases,” Clinical and Developmental Immunology, vol. 2013, pp. 1–11, 2013.
- Maria Papp, and Peter L. Lakatos, “Serological studies in inflammatory bowel disease: how important are they?,” Current Opinion in Gastroenterology, vol. 30, no. 4, pp. 359–364, 2014.
- Marta Kovacs, Katalin Eszter Mueller, Maria Papp, Peter Laszlo Lakatos, and Mihaly Csoendes, “New serological markers in pediatric patients with inflammatory bowel disease,” World Journal of Gastroenterology, vol. 20, no. 17, pp. 4873–4882, 2014.
- Dirk Roggenbuck, Dirk Reinhold, Peter Schierack, Dimitrios P. Bogdanos, Karsten Conrad, and Martin W. Laass, “Crohn's disease specific pancreatic antibodies: clinical and pathophysiological challenges,” Clinical Chemistry and Laboratory Medicine, vol. 52, no. 4, pp. 483–494, 2014.
- Darina Kohoutova, Marcela Drahosova, Paula Moravkova, Stanislav Rejchrt, and Jan Bures, “Anti-Outer membrane protein C and anti-glycoprotein 2 antibodies in inflammatory bowel disease and their association with complicated forms of Crohn’s disease,” BMC Gastroenterology, vol. 14, no. 1, 2014.
- Polychronis Pavlidis, Zakera Shums, Andreas L. Koutsoumpas, Jay Milo, Maria Papp, Takeji Uemurea, Peter Lakatos, Daniel S. Smyk, Dimitrios P. Bogdanos, Alastair Forbes, and Gary L. Norman, “Diagnostic and clinical significance of Crohn’s disease-specific anti-MZGP2 pancreatic antibodies by a novel ELISA,” Clinica Chimica Acta, 2014.
- J. Bonneau, C. Dumestre-Perard, M. Rinaudo-Gaujous, C. Genin, M. Sparrow, X. Roblin, and S. Paul, “Systematic review: New serological markers (anti-glycan, anti-GP2, anti-GM-CSF Ab) in the prediction of IBD patient outcomes,” Autoimmunity Reviews, 2014.
- Barry Hall, Grainne Holleran, and Deirdre McNamara, “Small Bowel Crohn's Disease: An Emerging Disease Phenotype?,” Digestive Diseases, vol. 33, no. 1, pp. 42–51, 2015.