- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Advance Access ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Annual Issues ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Articles in Press ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
Clinical and Developmental Immunology
Volume 2012 (2012), Article ID 720768, 12 pages
Epithelial-to-Mesenchymal Transition in Pancreatic Ductal Adenocarcinoma and Pancreatic Tumor Cell Lines: The Role of Neutrophils and Neutrophil-Derived Elastase
1Institut für Immunologie, Universität Heidelberg, 69120 Heidelberg, Germany
2Chirurgische Universitätsklinik, Universität Heidelberg, 69120 Heidelberg, Germany
3Pathologisches Institut, Universität Heidelberg, 69120 Heidelberg, Germany
Received 11 July 2012; Revised 4 September 2012; Accepted 4 September 2012
Academic Editor: G. Opdenakker
Copyright © 2012 Thomas Große-Steffen et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
Citations to this Article [18 citations]
The following is the list of published articles that have cited the current article.
- Maria Rosaria Galdiero, Eduardo Bonavita, Isabella Barajon, Cecilia Garlanda, Alberto Mantovani, and Sébastien Jaillon, “Tumor associated macrophages and neutrophils in cancer,” Immunobiology, 2013.
- Xiao-Zheng Cao, Zhi-Hong Liu, Xi-Yun Deng, Hui Guo, Fei Liu, Mei-Fang Quan, Kai-Qun Ren, Jian-Guo Cao, Ling Jiang, and Hong-Lin Xiang, “8-bromo-5-hydroxy-7-methoxychrysin targeting for inhibition of the properties of liver cancer stem cells by modulation of Twist signaling,” International Journal Of Oncology, vol. 43, no. 5, pp. 1719–1729, 2013.
- Yingnan Ye, Pengpeng Liu, Yue Wang, Hui Li, Feng Wei, Yanan Cheng, Lei Han, and Jinpu Yu, “Neurotensin, a Novel Messenger to Cross-Link Inflammation and Tumor Invasion via Epithelial-Mesenchymal Transition Pathway,” International Reviews of Immunology, pp. 140924103246004, 2014.
- Kristin S. Inman, Amanda A. Francis, and Nicole R. Murray, “Complex role for the immune system in initiation and progression of pancreatic cancer,” World Journal of Gastroenterology, vol. 20, no. 32, pp. 11160–11181, 2014.
- Xing Li, Zhan-Hong Chen, Xiao-Kun Ma, Jie Chen, Dong-Hao Wu, Qu Lin, Min Dong, Li Wei, Tian-Tian Wang, Dan-Yun Ruan, Ze-Xiao Lin, Yan-Fang Xing, Yun Deng, Xiang-Yuan Wu, and Jin-Yun Wen, “Neutrophil-to-lymphocyte ratio acts as a prognostic factor for patients with advanced hepatocellular carcinoma,” Tumor Biology, 2014.
- Jonathan Cools-Lartigue, Jonathan Spicer, Sara Najmeh, and Lorenzo Ferri, “Neutrophil extracellular traps in cancer progression,” Cellular and Molecular Life Sciences, 2014.
- Ronit Vogt Sionov, Zvi G. Fridlender, and Zvi Granot, “The Multifaceted Roles Neutrophils Play in the Tumor Microenvironment,” Cancer Microenvironment, 2014.
- Tong-Chun Xue, Lan Zhang, Xiao-Yin Xie, Ning-Ling Ge, Li-Xin Li, Bo-Heng Zhang, Sheng-Long Ye, and Zheng-Gang Ren, “Prognostic Significance of the Neutrophil-to-Lymphocyte Ratio in Primary Liver Cancer: A Meta-Analysis,” Plos One, vol. 9, no. 5, 2014.
- Pingping Hu, Zhaofei Pang, Hongchang Shen, Guanghui Wang, Haifeng Sun, and Jiajun Du, “Tumor-infiltrating neutrophils predict poor outcome in adenocarcinoma of the esophagogastric junction,” Tumor Biology, 2014.
- Christina M. Freisinger, and Anna Huttenlocher, “Live Imaging and Gene Expression Analysis in Zebrafish Identifies a Link between Neutrophils and Epithelial to Mesenchymal Transition,” Plos One, vol. 9, no. 11, 2014.
- Xing Li, Zhan-Hong Chen, Yan-Fang Xing, Tian-Tian Wang, Dong-Hao Wu, Jing-Yun Wen, Jie Chen, Qu Lin, Min Dong, Li Wei, Dan-Yun Ruan, Ze-Xiao Lin, Xiang-Yuan Wu, and Xiao-Kun Ma, “Platelet-to-lymphocyte ratio acts as a prognostic factor for patients with advanced hepatocellular carcinoma,” Tumor Biology, 2014.
- Ferda Kaleagasioglu, and Martin R. Berger, “SIBLINGs and SPARC families: Their emerging roles in pancreatic cancer,” World Journal of Gastroenterology, vol. 20, no. 40, pp. 14747–14759, 2014.
- Gregory R. Tintinger, and Charles Feldman, “Inflammation and cancer: The role of the human neutrophil,” South African Journal of Science, vol. 110, no. 1-2, pp. 36–41, 2014.
- Thian-Sze Wong, Wei Gao, and Jimmy Yu-Wai Chan, “Transcription Regulation of E-Cadherin by Zinc Finger E-Box Binding Homeobox Proteins in Solid Tumors,” BioMed Research International, vol. 2014, pp. 1–10, 2014.
- A D Singhi, R Kang, D Tang, M T Lotze, H J Zeh, B A Boone, L Orlichenko, N E Schapiro, P Loughran, G C Gianfrate, and J T Ellis, “The receptor for advanced glycation end products (RAGE) enhances autophagy and neutrophil extracellular traps in pancreatic cancer,” Cancer Gene Therapy, 2015.
- Mircea Beuran, Ionut Negoi, Sorin Paun, Ion Adriana Daniela, Coralia Bleotu, Ruxandra Irina Negoi, and Sorin Hostiuc, “The Epithelial to Mesenchymal Transition in Pancreatic Cancer: A Systematic Review,” Pancreatology, 2015.
- Pingping Hu, Guanghui Wang, Meixiao Shen, Ping Zhang, Jihong Zhang, Jiajun Du, and Qi Liu, “Intratumoral polymorphonuclear granulocyte is associated with poor prognosis in squamous esophageal cancer by promoting epithelial–mesenchymal transition,” Future Oncology, vol. 11, no. 5, pp. 771–783, 2015.
- Koa Hosoki, Istvan Boldogh, and Sanjiv Sur, “Innate responses to pollen allergens,” Current Opinion in Allergy and Clinical Immunology, vol. 15, no. 1, pp. 79–88, 2015.