- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Annual Issues ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Articles in Press ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
Clinical and Developmental Immunology
Volume 2012 (2012), Article ID 780436, 11 pages
Interferon Regulatory Factor 5 in the Pathogenesis of Systemic Lupus Erythematosus
1Section of Rheumatology, Gwen Knapp Center for Lupus and Immunology Research, The University of Chicago, Chicago, IL 60637, USA
2Division of Rheumatology and Department of Immunology, Mayo Clinic, Rochester, MN 55905, USA
Received 21 June 2012; Revised 31 August 2012; Accepted 12 September 2012
Academic Editor: Shervin Assassi
Copyright © 2012 Candace M. Cham et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
Citations to this Article [17 citations]
The following is the list of published articles that have cited the current article.
- Karin Pelka, and Eicke Latz, “IRF5, IRF8, and IRF7 in human pDCs - the good, the bad, and the insignificant?,” European Journal of Immunology, vol. 43, no. 7, pp. 1693–1697, 2013.
- Yogita Ghodke-Puranik, and Timothy B Niewold, “Genetics of the type I interferon pathway in systemic lupus erythematosus,” International Journal of Clinical Rheumatology, vol. 8, no. 6, pp. 657–669, 2013.
- Inez Rogatsky, Uma Chandrasekaran, Michela Manni, Woelsung Yi, and Alessandra B. Pernis, “Epigenetics and the IRFs: A complex interplay in the control of immunity and autoimmunity,” Autoimmunity, pp. 1–14, 2013.
- Dwight H. Kono, Roberto Baccala, and Argyrios N. Theofilopoulos, “TLRs and interferons: a central paradigm in autoimmunity,” Current Opinion in Immunology, 2013.
- Kathleen E. Sullivan, and Patricia Costa-Reis, “Genetics and Epigenetics of Systemic Lupus Erythematosus,” Current Rheumatology Reports, vol. 15, no. 9, 2013.
- Dorothy Mangale, Silvia N. Kariuki, Beverly S. Chrabot, Marissa Kumabe, Jennifer A. Kelly, John B. Harley, Judith A. James, Kathy L. Sivils, and Timothy B. Niewold, “Familial Aggregation of High Tumor Necrosis Factor Alpha Levels in Systemic Lupus Erythematosus,” Clinical and Developmental Immunology, vol. 2013, pp. 1–6, 2013.
- L. C. Kottyan, E. E. Zoller, J. Bene, X. Lu, J. A. Kelly, A. M. Rupert, C. J. Lessard, S. E. Vaughn, M. Marion, M. T. Weirauch, B. Namjou, A. Adler, A. Rasmussen, S. Glenn, C. G. Montgomery, G. M. Hirschfield, G. Xie, C. Coltescu, C. Amos, H. Li, J. A. Ice, S. K. Nath, X. Mariette, S. Bowman, M. Rischmueller, S. Lester, J. G. Brun, L. G. Goransson, E. Harboe, R. Omdal, D. S. Cunninghame-Graham, T. Vyse, C. Miceli-Richard, M. T. Brennan, J. A. Lessard, M. Wahren-Herlenius, M. Kvarnstrom, G. G. Illei, T. Witte, R. Jonsson, P. Eriksson, G. Nordmark, W.-F. Ng, J.-M. Anaya, N. L. Rhodus, B. M. Segal, J. T. Merrill, J. A. James, J. M. Guthridge, R. Hal Scofield, M. Alarcon-Riquelme, S.-C. Bae, S. A. Boackle, L. A. Criswell, G. Gilkeson, D. L. Kamen, C. O. Jacob, R. Kimberly, E. Brown, J. Edberg, G. S. Alarcon, J. D. Reveille, L. M. Vila, M. Petri, R. Ramsey-Goldman, B. I. Freedman, T. Niewold, A. M. Stevens, B. P. Tsao, J. Ying, M. D. Mayes, O. Y. Gorlova, W. Wakeland, T. Radstake, E. Martin, J. Martin, K. Siminovitch, K. L. Moser Sivils, P. M. Gaffney, C. D. Langefeld, J. B. Harley, and K. M. Kaufman, “The IRF5-TNPO3 association with systemic lupus erythematosus has two components that other autoimmune disorders variably share,” Human Molecular Genetics, 2014.
- Timothy B. Niewold, “Type I Interferon in Human Autoimmunity,” Frontiers in Immunology, vol. 5, 2014.
- Fatuma-Said Muhali, Zj Zhen Zhou-jiao, Yuan Wang, Qiong Wang, Xiao-hong Shi, Wen-juan Jiang, Ling Xiao, Dan-Feng Li, Shuang-tao He, Jian Xu, and Jin-an Zhang, “Lack of association of IRF5 gene polymorphisms with autoimmune thyroid disease: A case-control study. IRF5 gene and AITD,” Annales D Endocrinologie, vol. 75, no. 1, pp. 19–24, 2014.
- Mark A. Jensen, and Timothy B. Niewold, “Interferon Regulatory Factors: Critical Mediators of Human Lupus,” Translational Research, 2014.
- Javier Oviedo-Boyso, Alejandro Bravo-Patiño, and Víctor M. Baizabal-Aguirre, “Collaborative Action of Toll-Like and Nod-Like Receptors as Modulators of the Inflammatory Response to Pathogenic Bacteria,” Mediators of Inflammation, vol. 2014, pp. 1–16, 2014.
- Yogita Ghodke-Puranik, and Timothy B. Niewold, “Immunogenetics of systemic lupus erythematosus: A comprehensive review,” Journal of Autoimmunity, 2015.
- Ashraf A. Elghzaly, Shereen S. Metwally, Farha A. El-Chennawi, Maha A. Elgayaar, Youssef M. Mosaad, Ehab E. El-Toraby, Mohsen M. Hegab, and Saleh M. Ibrahim, “IRF5, PTPN22, CD28, IL2RA, KIF5A, BLK and TNFAIP3 genes polymorphisms and lupus susceptibility in a cohort from the Egypt Delta; Relation to other ethnic groups,” Human Immunology, 2015.
- Ai-ping Feng, Qian Zhang, Min Li, Xin-nong Jiang, Zong-yong Zhang, Peng Zhu, Ming-wei Wang, Shao-zhong Wei, and Li Su, “High SIPA-1 expression in proximal tubules of human kidneys under pathological conditions,” Journal Of Huazhong University Of Science And Technology-Medical Sciences, vol. 35, no. 1, pp. 64–70, 2015.
- Pierre Duffau, Hanni Menn-Josephy, Carla M. Cuda, Salina Dominguez, Tamar R. Aprahamian, Amanda A. Watkins, Kei Yasuda, Paul Monach, Robert Lafyatis, Lisa M. Rice, G. Kenneth Haines, Ellen M. Gravallese, Rebecca Baum, Christophe Richez, Harris Perlman, Ramon G. Bonegio, and Ian R. Rifkin, “Promotion of Inflammatory Arthritis by Interferon Regulatory Factor 5 in a Mouse Model,” Arthritis & Rheumatology, vol. 67, no. 12, pp. 3146–3157, 2015.
- Adrianos Nezos, and Clio P. Mavragani, “Contribution of Genetic Factors to Sjögren’s Syndrome and Sjögren’s Syndrome Related Lymphomagenesis,” Journal of Immunology Research, vol. 2015, pp. 1–12, 2015.
- Bryce M. Buddle, Dairu Shu, Natalie A. Parlane, Supatsak Subharat, Axel Heiser, R. Glyn Hewinson, H. Martin Vordermeier, and D. Neil Wedlock, “Vaccination of cattle with a high dose of BCG vaccine 3 weeks after experimental infection with Mycobacterium bovis increased the inflammatory response, but not tuberculous pathology,” Tuberculosis, 2016.