- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Advance Access ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Annual Issues ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Articles in Press ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
Clinical and Developmental Immunology
Volume 2012 (2012), Article ID 854795, 4 pages
Association of Autoantibodies to BP180 with Disease Activity in Greek Patients with Bullous Pemphigoid
12nd Department of Dermatology and Venereology, Papageorgiou General Hospital, Aristotle University School of Medicine, Nea Eflkarpia, Ring Road Thessalonikis, 56403 Thessaloniki, Greece
2Immunology Laboratory, Papageorgiou General Hospital, Nea Eflkarpia, Ring Road Thessalonikis, 56403 Thessaloniki, Greece
Received 7 September 2012; Revised 24 October 2012; Accepted 25 October 2012
Academic Editor: Dimitrios P. Bogdanos
Copyright © 2012 Aikaterini Patsatsi et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- E. Schmidt and D. Zillikens, “Modern diagnosis of autoimmune blistering skin diseases,” Autoimmunity Reviews, vol. 10, no. 2, pp. 84–89, 2010.
- S. Leuci, H. M. Gürcan, and A. R. Ahmed, “Serological studies in bullous pemphigoid: a literature review of antibody titers at presentation and in clinical remission,” Acta Dermato-Venereologica, vol. 90, no. 2, pp. 115–121, 2010.
- J. Damoiseaux, M. van Rijsingen, N. Warnemünde, C. Dähnrich, K. Fechner, and J. W. Cohen Tervaert, “Autoantibody detection in bullous pemphigoid: clinical evaluation of the EUROPLUS dermatology mosaic,” Journal of Immunological Methods, vol. 382, no. 1-2, pp. 76–80, 2012.
- B. S. Daniel, M. Hertl, V. P. Werth, R. Eming, and D. F. Murrell, “Severity score indexes for blistering diseases,” Clinics in Dermatology, vol. 30, no. 1, pp. 108–113, 2012.
- M. Pfütze, A. Niedermeier, M. Hertl, and R. Eming, “Introducing a novel Autoimmune Bullous Skin Disorder Intensity Score (ABSIS) in pemphigus,” European Journal of Dermatology, vol. 17, no. 1, pp. 4–11, 2007.
- D. F. Murrell, S. Dick, A. R. Ahmed et al., “Consensus statement on definitions of disease, end points, and therapeutic response for pemphigus,” Journal of the American Academy of Dermatology, vol. 58, no. 6, pp. 1043–1046, 2008.
- D. F. Murrell, B. S. Daniel, P. Joly, et al., “Definitions and outcome measures for bullous pemphigoid: recommendations by an international panel of experts,” Journal of the American Academy of Dermatology, vol. 66, no. 3, pp. 479–485, 2012.
- N. J. Korman, “In situ-bound antibodies eluted from the skin of patients with bullous pemphigoid are preferentially directed against the 230-kD bullous pemphigoid antigen,” Journal of Investigative Dermatology, vol. 105, no. 6, pp. 824–830, 1995.
- M. Kiss, S. Husz, T. Jánossy et al., “Experimental bullous pemphigoid generated in mice with an antigenic epitope of the human hemidesmosomal protein BP230,” Journal of Autoimmunity, vol. 24, no. 1, pp. 1–10, 2005.
- G. Di Zenzo, S. Thoma-Uszynski, L. Fontao et al., “Multicenter prospective study of the humoral autoimmune response in bullous pemphigoid,” Clinical Immunology, vol. 128, no. 3, pp. 415–426, 2008.
- M. Yoshida, T. Hamada, M. Amagai et al., “Enzyme-linked immunosorbent assay using bacterial recombinant proteins of human BP230 as a diagnostic tool for bullous pemphigoid,” Journal of Dermatological Science, vol. 41, no. 1, pp. 21–30, 2006.
- J. A. Fairley, M. Bream, C. Fullenkamp, S. Syrbu, M. Chen, and K. N. Messingham, “Missing the target: characterization of bullous pemphigoid patients who are negative using the BP180 enzyme-linked immunosorbant assay,” Journal of the American Academy of Dermatology. In press.
- E. H. Lee, Y. H. Kim, S. Kim, S.-E. Kim, and S.-C. Kim, “Usefulness of enzyme-linked immunosorbent assay using recombinant BP180 and BP230 for serodiagnosis and monitoring disease activity of bullous pemphigoid,” Annals of Dermatology, vol. 24, no. 1, pp. 45–55, 2012.
- E. Schmidt, K. Obe, E. B. Bröcker;, and D. Zillikens, “Serum levels of autoantibodies to BP180 correlate with disease activity in patients with bullous pemphigoid,” Archives of Dermatology, vol. 136, no. 2, pp. 174–178, 2000.
- Y. Tsuji-Abe, M. Akiyama, Y. Yamanaka, T. Kikuchi, K. C. Sato-Matsumura, and H. Shimizu, “Correlation of clinical severity and ELISA indices for the NC16A domain of BP180 measured using BP180 ELISA kit in bullous pemphigoid,” Journal of Dermatological Science, vol. 37, no. 3, pp. 145–149, 2005.
- S. Feng, Q. Wu, P. Jin et al., “Serum levels of autoantibodies to BP180 correlate with disease activity in patients with bullous pemphigoid,” International Journal of Dermatology, vol. 47, no. 3, pp. 225–228, 2008.
- M. Tampoia, V. Lattanzi, A. Zucano et al., “Evaluation of a new elisa assay for detection of BP230 autoantibodies in bullous pemphigoid,” Annals of the New York Academy of Sciences, vol. 1173, pp. 15–20, 2009.
- A. Kromminga, C. Sitaru, C. Hagel, S. Herzog, and D. Zillikens, “Development of an ELISA for the detection of autoantibodies to BP230,” Clinical Immunology, vol. 111, no. 1, pp. 146–152, 2004.