- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Advance Access ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Annual Issues ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Articles in Press ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
Clinical and Developmental Immunology
Volume 2012 (2012), Article ID 962927, 10 pages
Role of Complement in Multiorgan Failure
1Division of Trauma Surgery, Department of Surgery, University Hospital Zurich, Raemistrasse 100, 8091 Zurich, Switzerland
2Ludwig Boltzmann Institute for Experimental and Clinical Traumatology, AUVA Research Center for Traumatology, 1200 Vienna, Austria
3Department of Traumatology, Hand-, Plastic-, and Reconstructive Surgery, University Hospital Ulm, 89075 Ulm, Germany
Received 6 September 2012; Accepted 11 November 2012
Academic Editor: Michael A. Flierl
Copyright © 2012 Daniel Rittirsch et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
Citations to this Article [8 citations]
The following is the list of published articles that have cited the current article.
- Markus Huber-Lang, Anna Kovtun, and Anita Ignatius, “Complement—More than killing,” Seminars in Immunology, 2013.
- W. van Oeveren, “Obstacles in Haemocompatibility Testing,” Scientifica, vol. 2013, pp. 1–14, 2013.
- Salomé Calado Botelho, Maryam Saghafian, Svetlana Pavlova, Moustapha Hassan, Joseph W. DePierre, and Manuchehr Abedi-Valugerdi, “Complement activation is involved in the hepatic injury caused by high-dose exposure of mice to perfluorooctanoic acid,” Chemosphere, 2014.
- Reinhard Wuerzner, Magdalena Riedl, Alejandra Rosales, and Dorothea Orth-Hoeller, “Treatment of Enterohemorrhagic Escherichia coli-Induced Hemolytic Uremic Syndrome (eHUS),” Seminars in Thrombosis and Hemostasis, vol. 40, no. 4, pp. 508–516, 2014.
- Takashi Muroya, Lakshmi Kannan, Ionita C. Ghiran, Sergey S. Shevkoplyas, Ziv Paz, Maria Tsokos, Jurandir J. Dalle Lucca, Nathan I. Shapiro, and George C. Tsokos, “C4d Deposits on the Surface of RBCs in Trauma Patients and Interferes With Their Function*,” Critical Care Medicine, vol. 42, no. 5, pp. e364–e372, 2014.
- Rosemary L. Sparrow, “Red blood cell storage duration and trauma,” Transfusion Medicine Reviews, 2014.
- Michaëla A M Huson, Martin P Grobusch, and Tom van der Poll, “The effect of HIV infection on the host response to bacterial sepsis,” The Lancet Infectious Diseases, 2014.
- Jana Zimmer, James Hobkirk, Fatima Mohamed, Michael J. Browning, and Cordula M. Stover, “On the Functional Overlap between Complement and Anti-Microbial Peptides,” Frontiers in Immunology, vol. 5, 2015.