- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Annual Issues ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Articles in Press ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
Clinical and Developmental Immunology
Volume 2012 (2012), Article ID 962927, 10 pages
Role of Complement in Multiorgan Failure
1Division of Trauma Surgery, Department of Surgery, University Hospital Zurich, Raemistrasse 100, 8091 Zurich, Switzerland
2Ludwig Boltzmann Institute for Experimental and Clinical Traumatology, AUVA Research Center for Traumatology, 1200 Vienna, Austria
3Department of Traumatology, Hand-, Plastic-, and Reconstructive Surgery, University Hospital Ulm, 89075 Ulm, Germany
Received 6 September 2012; Accepted 11 November 2012
Academic Editor: Michael A. Flierl
Copyright © 2012 Daniel Rittirsch et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
Citations to this Article [18 citations]
The following is the list of published articles that have cited the current article.
- Markus Huber-Lang, Anna Kovtun, and Anita Ignatius, “Complement—More than killing,” Seminars in Immunology, 2013.
- W. van Oeveren, “Obstacles in Haemocompatibility Testing,” Scientifica, vol. 2013, pp. 1–14, 2013.
- Salomé Calado Botelho, Maryam Saghafian, Svetlana Pavlova, Moustapha Hassan, Joseph W. DePierre, and Manuchehr Abedi-Valugerdi, “Complement activation is involved in the hepatic injury caused by high-dose exposure of mice to perfluorooctanoic acid,” Chemosphere, 2014.
- Reinhard Wuerzner, Magdalena Riedl, Alejandra Rosales, and Dorothea Orth-Hoeller, “Treatment of Enterohemorrhagic Escherichia coli-Induced Hemolytic Uremic Syndrome (eHUS),” Seminars in Thrombosis and Hemostasis, vol. 40, no. 4, pp. 508–516, 2014.
- Takashi Muroya, Lakshmi Kannan, Ionita C. Ghiran, Sergey S. Shevkoplyas, Ziv Paz, Maria Tsokos, Jurandir J. Dalle Lucca, Nathan I. Shapiro, and George C. Tsokos, “C4d Deposits on the Surface of RBCs in Trauma Patients and Interferes With Their Function*,” Critical Care Medicine, vol. 42, no. 5, pp. e364–e372, 2014.
- Rosemary L. Sparrow, “Red blood cell storage duration and trauma,” Transfusion Medicine Reviews, 2014.
- Michaëla A M Huson, Martin P Grobusch, and Tom van der Poll, “The effect of HIV infection on the host response to bacterial sepsis,” The Lancet Infectious Diseases, 2014.
- Geoffrey P. Dobson, “Addressing the Global Burden of Trauma in Major Surgery,” Frontiers in Surgery, vol. 2, 2015.
- Guo Jia, Wang Xiaoxiang, Luo Ruijie, Zhang Xiaoxin, Yang Xiaonan, Xia Qing, and Xue Ping, “Effect of Chaiqinchengqi decoction on inositol requiring enzyme 1α in alveolar macrophages of dogs with acute necrotising pancreatitis induced by sodium taurocholate,” Journal of Traditional Chinese Medicine, vol. 35, no. 4, pp. 434–439, 2015.
- Laure Yatime, Christian Maasch, Kai Hoehlig, Sven Klussmann, Gregers R. Andersen, and Axel Vater, “Structural basis for the targeting of complement anaphylatoxin C5a using a mixed L-RNA/L-DNA aptamer,” Nature Communications, vol. 6, pp. 6481, 2015.
- Kirsten Balvers, Nicola Curry, Derek J.B. Kleinveld, Anita N. Böing, Rienk Nieuwland, J. Carel Goslings, and Nicole P. Juffermans, “Endogenous Microparticles Drive the Proinflammatory Host Immune Response in Severely Injured Trauma Patients,” Shock, vol. 43, no. 4, pp. 317–321, 2015.
- Dieter Koehler, “Supportive Sepsis Therapy: Do we Use the wrong Target Value?,” Deutsche Medizinische Wochenschrift, vol. 140, no. 6, pp. 439–U101, 2015.
- Michaëla A. M. Huson, Diana Wouters, Gerard van Mierlo, Martin P. Grobusch, Sacha S. Zeerleder, and Tom van der Poll, “HIV Coinfection Enhances Complement Activation During Sepsis,” Journal of Infectious Diseases, vol. 212, no. 3, pp. 474–483, 2015.
- B. Paul Morgan, and Claire L. Harris, “Complement, a target for therapy in inflammatory and degenerative diseases,” Nature Reviews Drug Discovery, 2015.
- Jana Zimmer, James Hobkirk, Fatima Mohamed, Michael J. Browning, and Cordula M. Stover, “On the Functional Overlap between Complement and Anti-Microbial Peptides,” Frontiers in Immunology, vol. 5, 2015.
- Catherine Ingels, Ilse Vanhorebeek, Inge Derese, Lisbeth Jensen, Pieter J. Wouters, Steffen Thiel, and Greet Van den Berghe, “The pattern recognition molecule collectin-L1 in critically ill children,” Pediatric Research, 2016.
- Seyed Moein Moghimi, “Complement Propriety and Conspiracy in Nanomedicine: Perspective and a Hypothesis,” Nucleic Acid Therapeutics, vol. 26, no. 2, pp. 67–72, 2016.
- Rachelle Dugue, and Frank C Barone, “Ischemic, traumatic and neurodegenerative brain inflammatory changes,” Future Neurology, vol. 11, no. 1, pp. 77–96, 2016.