- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Advance Access ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Annual Issues ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Articles in Press ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
Clinical and Developmental Immunology
Volume 2013 (2013), Article ID 182172, 8 pages
Original Approach for Automated Quantification of Antinuclear Autoantibodies by Indirect Immunofluorescence
1Aix-Marseille Université, Laboratoire d’Immunologie, Pôle de Biologie, Hôpital de la Conception, Assistance Publique-Hôpitaux de Marseille, 147 boulevard Baille, 13005 Marseille, France
2Aix-Marseille Université, Centre de Néphrologie et Transplantation Rénale, Hôpital de la Conception, Assistance Publique-Hôpitaux de Marseille, 13005 Marseille, France
3Aix-Marseille Université, UMR INSERM 1067 & UMR CNRS 7333, Laboratoire “Adhésion et Inflammation,” 13288 Marseille Cedex 09, France
4Aix-Marseille Université, INSERM UMR 1076, Laboratoire “Endothélium, Pathologies Vasculaires et Cibles Thérapeutiques,” Faculté de Pharmacie, 13385 Marseille Cedex 05, Marseille, France
Received 22 October 2013; Accepted 11 November 2013
Academic Editor: Clelia M. Riera
Copyright © 2013 Daniel Bertin et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- D. H. Solomon, A. J. Kavanaugh, P. H. Schur et al., “Evidence-based guidelines for the use of immunologic tests: antinuclear antibody testing,” Arthritis Care and Research, vol. 47, no. 4, pp. 434–444, 2002.
- M. J. Fritzler, “Challenges to the use of autoantibodies as predictors of disease onset, diagnosis and outcomes,” Autoimmunity Reviews, vol. 7, no. 8, pp. 616–620, 2008.
- K. Op de Beéck, P. Vermeersch, P. Verschueren et al., “Antinuclear antibody detection by automated multiplex immunoassay in untreated patients at the time of diagnosis,” Autoimmunity Reviews, vol. 12, no. 2, pp. 137–143, 2012.
- S. Desplat-Jego, N. Bardin, B. Larida, and M. Sanmarco, “Evaluation of the BioPlex 2200 ANA screen for the detection of antinuclear antibodies and comparison with conventional methods,” Annals of the New York Academy of Sciences, vol. 1109, pp. 245–255, 2007.
- P. L. Meroni and P. H. Schur, “ANA screening: an old test with new recommendations,” Annals of the Rheumatic Diseases, vol. 69, no. 8, pp. 1420–1422, 2010.
- K. Egerer, D. Roggenbuck, R. Hiemann et al., “Automated evaluation of autoantibodies on human epithelial-2 cells as an approach to standardize cell-based immunofluorescence tests,” Arthritis Research and Therapy, vol. 12, no. 2, article R40, 2010.
- A. Melegari, C. Bonaguri, A. Russo, B. Luisita, T. Trenti, and G. Lippi, “A comparative study on the reliability of an automated system for the evaluation of cell-based indirect immunofluorescence,” Autoimmunity Reviews, vol. 11, no. 10, pp. 713–716, 2012.
- S. Kivity, B. Gilburd, N. Agmon-Levin et al., “A novel automated indirect immunofluorescence autoantibody evaluation,” Clinical Rheumatology, vol. 31, no. 3, pp. 503–509, 2012.
- J. Voigt, C. Krause, E. Rohwäder et al., “Automated indirect immunofluorescence evaluation of antinuclear autoantibodies on HEp-2 cells,” Clinical and Developmental Immunology, vol. 2012, Article ID 651058, 7 pages, 2012.
- X. Bossuyt, S. Cooreman, H. de Baere et al., “Detection of antinuclear antibodies by automated indirect immunofluorescence analysis.,” Clinica Chimica Acta, vol. 415, pp. 101–106, 2013.
- C. Bonroy, C. Verfaillie, V. Smith et al., “Automated indirect immunofluorescence antinuclear antibody analysis is a standardized alternative for visual microscope interpretation,” Clinical Chemistry and Laboratory Medicine, vol. 6, pp. 1–9, 2013.
- P. Perner, H. Perner, and B. Müller, “Mining knowledge for HEp-2 cell image classification,” Artificial Intelligence in Medicine, vol. 26, no. 1-2, pp. 161–173, 2002.
- J. R. Landis and G. G. Koch, “The measurement of observer agreement for categorical data,” Biometrics, vol. 33, no. 1, pp. 159–174, 1977.
- M. Satoh, E. K. Chan, L. A. Ho et al., “Prevalence and sociodemographic correlates of antinuclear antibodies in the United States,” Arthritis & Rheumatism, vol. 64, no. 7, pp. 2319–2327, 2012.