- About this Journal
- Abstracting and Indexing
- Aims and Scope
- Annual Issues
- Article Processing Charges
- Articles in Press
- Author Guidelines
- Bibliographic Information
- Citations to this Journal
- Contact Information
- Editorial Board
- Editorial Workflow
- Free eTOC Alerts
- Publication Ethics
- Reviewers Acknowledgment
- Submit a Manuscript
- Subscription Information
- Table of Contents
Clinical and Developmental Immunology
Volume 2013 (2013), Article ID 196012, 5 pages
Pediatric Inflammatory Bowel Disease with Cytoplasmic Staining of Antineutrophil Cytoplasmic Antibodies
1Division of Pediatric Gastroenterology, Department of Pediatrics, Faculty of Medicine, King Abdulaziz University, P.O. Box 80215, Jeddah 21589, Saudi Arabia
2Department of Microbiology and Immunology, Faculty of Medicine, King Abdulaziz University, P.O. Box 80215, Jeddah 21589, Saudi Arabia
Received 6 November 2012; Accepted 17 January 2013
Academic Editor: G. Opdenakker
Copyright © 2013 Omar I. Saadah and Jamil A. Al-Mughales. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- M. Peeters, S. Joossens, S. Vermeire, R. Vlietinck, X. Bossuyt, and P. Rutgeerts, “Diagnostic value of anti-Saccharomyces cerevisiae and antineutrophil cytoplasmic autoantibodies in inflammatory bowel disease,” American Journal of Gastroenterology, vol. 96, no. 3, pp. 730–734, 2001.
- M. Papp, I. Altorjay, G. L. Norman, and P. L. Lakatos, “Utility of serological markers in inflammatory bowel diseases: gadget or magic?” World Journal of Gastroenterology, vol. 13, no. 14, pp. 2028–2036, 2007.
- X. Bossuyt, “Serologic markers in inflammatory bowel disease,” Clinical Chemistry, vol. 52, no. 2, pp. 171–181, 2006.
- M. Ferrante, L. Henckaerts, M. Joossens et al., “New serological markers in inflammatory bowel disease are associated with complicated disease behaviour,” Gut, vol. 56, no. 10, pp. 1394–1403, 2007.
- H. J. Freeman, “Inflammatory bowel disease with cytoplasmic-staining antineutrophil cytoplasmic antibody and extensive colitis,” Canadian Journal of Gastroenterology, vol. 12, no. 4, pp. 279–282, 1998.
- J. C. Escher, “Inflammatory bowel disease in children and adolescents: recommendations for diagnosis—the Porto criteria,” Journal of Pediatric Gastroenterology and Nutrition, vol. 41, no. 1, pp. 1–7, 2005.
- A. Bousvaros, D. A. Antonioli, R. B. Colletti et al., “Differentiating ulcerative colitis from Crohn disease in children and young adults: report of a working group of the North American Society for Pediatric Gastroenterology, Hepatology, and Nutrition and the Crohn's and Colitis Foundation of America,” Journal of Pediatric Gastroenterology and Nutrition, vol. 44, no. 5, pp. 653–674, 2007.
- J. Satsangi, M. S. Silverberg, S. Vermeire, and J. F. Colombel, “The Montreal classification of inflammatory bowel disease: controversies, consensus, and implications,” Gut, vol. 55, no. 6, pp. 749–753, 2006.
- C. Gasche, J. Scholmerich, J. Brynskov et al., “A simple classification of Crohn's disease: report of the working party for the world congresses of gastroenterology, Vienna 1998,” Inflammatory Bowel Diseases, vol. 6, no. 1, pp. 8–15, 2000.
- P. Rutgeerts, W. J. Sandborn, B. G. Feagan et al., “Infliximab for induction and maintenance therapy for ulcerative colitis,” The New England Journal of Medicine, vol. 353, no. 23, pp. 2462–2476, 2005.
- J. Savige, D. Gillis, E. Benson et al., “International consensus statement on testing and reporting of antineutrophil cytoplasmic antibodies (ANCA),” American Journal of Clinical Pathology, vol. 111, no. 4, pp. 507–513, 1999.
- J. A. Goeken, “AntiNeutrophil cytoplasmic antibody—a useful serological marker for vasculitis,” Journal of Clinical Immunology, vol. 11, no. 4, pp. 161–174, 1991.
- J. Ludemann, B. Utecht, and W. L. Gross, “Anti-neutrophil cytoplasm antibodies in Wegener's granulomatosis recognize an elastinolytic enzyme,” Journal of Experimental Medicine, vol. 171, no. 1, pp. 357–362, 1990.
- R. C. W. Wong, R. A. Silvestrini, J. A. Savige, D. A. Fulcher, and E. M. Benson, “Diagnostic value of classical and atypical antineutrophil cytoplasmic antibody (ANCA) immunofluorescence patterns,” Journal of Clinical Pathology, vol. 52, no. 2, pp. 124–128, 1999.
- C. E. M. Rodrigues, M. R. M. Callado, C. A. Nobre et al., “Wegener's granulomatosis: prevalence of the initial clinical manifestations-report of six cases and review of the literature,” Revista Brasileira de Reumatologia, vol. 50, no. 2, pp. 157–164, 2010.
- J. D. Akikusa, R. Schneider, E. A. Harvey et al., “Clinical features and outcome of pediatric Wegener's granulomatosis,” Arthritis Care and Research, vol. 57, no. 5, pp. 837–844, 2007.
- S. J. Haworth and C. D. Pusey, “Severe intestinal involvement in Wegener's granulomatosis,” Gut, vol. 25, no. 11, pp. 1296–1300, 1984.
- E. W. Walton, “Giant-cell granuloma of the respiratory tract (Wegener's granulomatosis),” British Medical Journal, vol. 2, no. 5091, pp. 265–270, 1958.
- S. Akbulut, “Multiple ileal perforations in a patient with Wegener's granulomatosis: a case report and literature review,” Journal of Gastrointestinal Surgery, vol. 16, no. 4, pp. 857–862, 2012.
- A. C. Yildirim, E. Koçak, P. Yildiz et al., “Multiple intestinal perforation in a patient with Wegener's granulomatosis: a case report and review of the literature,” Gastroenterologie Clinique et Biologique, vol. 34, no. 12, pp. 712–715, 2010.