- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Advance Access ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Annual Issues ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Articles in Press ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
Clinical and Developmental Immunology
Volume 2013 (2013), Article ID 285246, 12 pages
The Controversial Role of Microglia in Malignant Gliomas
Department of Neurosurgery, The University of Texas MD Anderson Cancer Center, Houston, TX 77030-1402, USA
Received 16 April 2013; Accepted 19 June 2013
Academic Editor: Anirban Ghosh
Copyright © 2013 Jun Wei et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
Citations to this Article [14 citations]
The following is the list of published articles that have cited the current article.
- Brian Ahn, Ian Pollack, and Hideho Okada, “Immune-Checkpoint Blockade and Active Immunotherapy for Glioma,” Cancers, vol. 5, no. 4, pp. 1379–1412, 2013.
- Viola Caretti, A. Charlotte P. Sewing, Tonny Lagerweij, Pepijn Schellen, Marianna Bugiani, Marc H. A. Jansen, Dannis G. van Vuurden, Anna C. Navis, Ilona Horsman, W. Peter Vandertop, David P. Noske, Pieter Wesseling, Gertjan J. L. Kaspers, Javad Nazarian, Hannes Vogel, Esther Hulleman, Michelle Monje, and Thomas Wurdinger, “Human pontine glioma cells can induce murine tumors,” Acta Neuropathologica, vol. 127, no. 6, pp. 897–909, 2014.
- Rainer Glass, and Michael Synowitz, “CNS macrophages and peripheral myeloid cells in brain tumours,” Acta Neuropathologica, 2014.
- Zhenni Zhang, Jianrui Lv, Xiaoming Lei, Siyuan Li, Yong Zhang, Lihua Meng, Rongliang Xue, and Zongfang Li, “Baicalein Reduces the Invasion of Glioma Cells via Reducing the Activity of p38 Signaling Pathway,” Plos One, vol. 9, no. 2, 2014.
- Thomas Wurdinger, Katrin Deumelandt, Hans J. van der Vliet, Pieter Wesseling, and Tanja D. de Gruijl, “Mechanisms of intimate and long-distance cross-talk between glioma and myeloid cells: How to break a vicious cycle,” Biochimica et Biophysica Acta (BBA) - Reviews on Cancer, 2014.
- Xiaojuan He, Jianfeng Huang, Xiaojun Qiu, Xianchen Liu, Guan Sun, Jun Guo, Zongmei Ding, Lixiang Yang, Na Ban, Tao Tao, and Dongling Wang, “LAP3 promotes glioma progression by regulating proliferation, migration and invasion of glioma cells,” International Journal of Biological Macromolecules, 2014.
- Danijela Savic, Irena Lavrnja, Sanja Dacic, Ivana Bjelobaba, Nadezda Nedeljkovic, Mirjana Stojiljkovic, Thomas Herdegen, and Sanja Pekovic, “Tiazofurin Modulates Lipopolysaccharide-Activated Microglia In Vitro,” Archives Of Biological Sciences, vol. 66, no. 4, pp. 1633–1640, 2014.
- Christina Kober, Susanne Rohn, Stephanie Weibel, Ulrike Geissinger, Nanhai G Chen, and Aladar A Szalay, “Microglia and astrocytes attenuate the replication of the oncolytic vaccinia virus LIVP 1.1.1 in murine GL261 gliomas by acting as vaccinia virus traps,” Journal of Translational Medicine, vol. 13, no. 1, 2015.
- Vladimir Riabov, David Kim, Surmeet Chhina, Richard B. Alexander, and Elena N. Klyushnenkova, “Immunostimulatory early phenotype of tumor-associated macrophages does not predict tumor growth outcome in an HLA-DR mouse model of prostate cancer,” Cancer Immunology Immunotherapy, vol. 64, no. 7, pp. 873–883, 2015.
- Joseph Grodecki, Aaron R. Short, Jessica O. Winter, Shreyas S. Rao, Jessica O. Winter, José Javier Otero, John J. Lannutti, and Atom Sarkar, “Glioma-astrocyte interactions on white matter tract-mimetic aligned electrospun nanofibers,” Biotechnology Progress, 2015.
- Zhangjie Su, Federico Roncaroli, Pascal F. Durrenberger, David J. Coope, Konstantina Karabatsou, Rainer Hinz, Gerard Thompson, Federico E. Turkheimer, Karolina Janczar, Daniel Du Plessis, Andrew Brodbelt, Alan Jackson, Alexander Gerhard, and Karl Herholz, “The 18-kDa Mitochondrial Translocator Protein in Human Gliomas: An C-11-(R)PK11195 PET Imaging and Neuropathology Study,” Journal Of Nuclear Medicine, vol. 56, no. 4, pp. 512–517, 2015.
- Manoj Kumar Singh, Suhnrita Chaudhuri, Debanjan Bhattacharya, Pankaj Kumar, Ankur Datta, and Swapna Chaudhuri, “T11 Target Structure induced modulations of the pro-inflammatory and anti-infammatorycytokine expressions in experimental animals for glioma abrogation,” International Immunopharmacology, vol. 24, no. 2, pp. 198–207, 2015.
- Chin-Lin Huang, I-Lun Hsiao, Ho-Chen Lin, Chu-Fang Wang, Yuh-Jeen Huang, and Chun-Yu Chuang, “Silver nanoparticles affect on gene expression of inflammatory and neurodegenerative responses in mouse brain neural cells,” Environmental Research, vol. 136, pp. 253–263, 2015.
- Igor F. Tsigelny, Valentina L. Kouznetsova, Pengfei Jiang, Sandeep C. Pingle, and Santosh Kesari, “Hierarchical control of coherent gene clusters defines the molecular mechanisms of glioblastoma,” Mol. BioSyst., vol. 11, no. 4, pp. 1012–1028, 2015.