- About this Journal
- Abstracting and Indexing
- Aims and Scope
- Annual Issues
- Article Processing Charges
- Articles in Press
- Author Guidelines
- Bibliographic Information
- Citations to this Journal
- Contact Information
- Editorial Board
- Editorial Workflow
- Free eTOC Alerts
- Publication Ethics
- Reviewers Acknowledgment
- Submit a Manuscript
- Subscription Information
- Table of Contents
Clinical and Developmental Immunology
Volume 2013 (2013), Article ID 401623, 6 pages
Platelets and Inflammatory Markers in Patients with Gastric Cancer
1Department of Clinical Laboratory Diagnostics, Medical University of Bialystok, J. Waszyngton 15a, 15-269 Bialystok, Poland
2Second Department of General and Gastroenterological Surgery, Medical University of Bialystok, M. Sklodowska-Curie 24a, 15-264 Bialystok, Poland
3Department of Haematological Diagnostics, Medical University of Bialystok, J. Waszyngton 15a, 15-269 Bialystok, Poland
Received 15 November 2012; Revised 5 February 2013; Accepted 17 February 2013
Academic Editor: Mario Clerici
Copyright © 2013 Joanna Matowicka-Karna et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- H. Brenner, D. Rothenbacher, and V. Arndt, “Epidemiology of stomach cancer,” Methods in Molecular Biology, vol. 472, pp. 467–477, 2009.
- H. H. Hartgrink, E. P. Jansen, N. C. van Grieken, and C. J. van de Velde, “Gastric cancer,” The Lancet, vol. 374, no. 9688, pp. 477–490, 2009.
- S. P. Hussain and C. C. Harris, “Inflammation and cancer: an ancient link with novel potentials,” International Journal of Cancer, vol. 121, no. 11, pp. 2373–2380, 2007.
- D. K. Kim, S. Y. Oh, H. C. Kwon et al., “Clinical significances of preoperative serum interleukin-6 and C-reactive protein level in operable gastric cancer,” BMC Cancer, vol. 9, article 155, 2009.
- M. Ikeda, H. Furukawa, H. Imamura et al., “Surgery for gastric cancer increases plasma levels of vascular endothelial growth factor and von Willebrand factor,” Gastric Cancer, vol. 5, no. 3, pp. 137–141, 2002.
- G. R. Smith and S. Missailidis, “Cancer, inflammation and the AT1 and AT2 receptors,” Journal of Inflammation, vol. 1, article 3, 2004.
- T. Ashizawa, R. Okada, Y. Suzuki et al., “Clinical significance of interleukin-6 (IL-6) in the spread of gastric cancer: role of IL-6 as a prognostic factor,” Gastric Cancer, vol. 8, no. 2, pp. 124–131, 2005.
- M. Ikeguchi, T. Hatada, M. Yamamoto et al., “Serum interleukin-6 and -10 levels in patients with gastric cancer,” Gastric Cancer, vol. 12, no. 2, pp. 95–100, 2009.
- C. W. Wu, S. R. Wang, M. F. Chao, et al., “Serum interleukin-6 levels reflect disease status of gastric cancer,” The American Journal of Gastroenterology, vol. 91, pp. 1417–1422, 1996.
- M. M. D'Elios, G. Del Prete, and A. Amedei, “Targeting IL-23 in human diseases,” Expert Opinion on Therapeutic Targets, vol. 14, pp. 759–774, 2010.
- J. J. Michiels and M. Gawaz, “Preface: platelets in inflammation and atherothrombosis,” Seminars in Thrombosis and Hemostasis, vol. 33, no. 2, pp. 119–122, 2007.
- J. N. George, “Platelets,” The Lancet, vol. 355, no. 9214, pp. 1531–1539, 2000.
- G. F. Nash, L. F. Turner, M. F. Scully, et al., “Platelets and cancer,” The Lancet Oncology, vol. 3, no. 7, pp. 425–430, 2002.
- T. Rosch, “The new TNM classification in gastroenterology (1997),” Endoscopy, vol. 30, no. 7, pp. 643–649, 1998.
- W. Yasui, N. Oue, P. A. Phyu, S. Matsumura, M. Shutoh, and H. Nakayama, “Molecular-pathological prognostic factors of gastric cancer: a review,” Gastric Cancer, vol. 8, no. 2, pp. 86–94, 2005.
- P. Blair and R. Flaumenhaft, “Platelet α-granules: basic biology and clinical correlates,” Blood Reviews, vol. 23, no. 4, pp. 177–189, 2009.
- P. Ernst, “Review article: the role of inflammation in the pathogenesis of gastric cancer,” Alimentary Pharmacology & Therapeutics, vol. 13, supplement 1, pp. 13–18, 1999.
- C. C. Folman, M. Ooms, B. Kuenen, et al., “The role of thrombopoietin in post-operative thrombocytosis,” British Journal of Haematology, vol. 114, no. 1, pp. 126–133, 2001.
- P. Heras, A. Hatzopoulos, and N. Kritikos, “Platelet count and tumor progression in gastric cancer patients,” Scandinavian Journal of Gastroenterology, vol. 45, no. 7-8, pp. 1005–1006, 2010.
- Y. Park, N. Schoene, and W. Harris, “Mean platelet volume as an indicator of platelet activation: methodological issues,” Platelets, vol. 13, no. 5-6, pp. 301–306, 2002.
- J. Osada, M. Rusak, Z. Kamocki, M. I. Dabrowska, and B. Kedra, “Platelet activation in patients with advanced gastric cancer,” Neoplasma, vol. 57, no. 2, pp. 145–150, 2010.
- O. A. W. Haabeth, B. Bogen, and A. Corthay, “A model for cancer-suppressive inflammation,” OncoImmunology, vol. 1, no. 7, pp. 1146–1155, 2012.
- C. S. Wang and C. F. Sun, “C-reactive protein and malignancy: clinico-pathological association and therapeutic implication,” Chang Gung Medical Journal, vol. 32, no. 5, pp. 471–482, 2009.
- Y. Kitadai, “Angiogenesis and lymphangiogenesis of gastric cancer,” Journal of Oncology, vol. 2010, 8 pages, 2010.
- Y. Yin, X. Si, Y. Gao, et al., “The nuclear factor-κB correlates with increased expression of interleukin-6 and promotes progression of gastric carcinoma,” Oncology Reports, vol. 29, pp. 34–38, 2013.