- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Advance Access ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Annual Issues ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Articles in Press ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
Clinical and Developmental Immunology
Volume 2013 (2013), Article ID 435672, 10 pages
The Effect of Perioperative Immunonutrition on the Phagocytic Activity of Blood Platelets in Advanced Gastric Cancer Patients
12nd Department of General and Gastroenterological Surgery, Medical University of Bialystok, M. Sklodowskiej-Curie 24A Street, 15-276 Bialystok, Poland
2Department of Clinical Laboratory Diagnostics, Medical University of Bialystok, Poland
Received 27 August 2013; Revised 24 October 2013; Accepted 7 November 2013
Academic Editor: Xiao-Feng Yang
Copyright © 2013 Zbigniew Kamocki et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- N. A. Andreollo, L. R. Lopes, and J. Coelho Neto, “Postoperative complications after total gatrectomy in the gastric cancer: analysis of 300 patients,” Arquivos Brasileiros de Cirurgia Digestiva, vol. 24, pp. 126–130, 2011.
- Y. Zhang, Y. Gu, T. Guo, Y. Li, and H. Cai, “Perioperative immunonutrition for gastrointestinal cancer: a systematic review of randomized controlled trials,” Surgical Oncology, vol. 21, no. 2, pp. e87–e95, 2012.
- M. Senkal, V. Zumtobel, K.-H. Bauer et al., “Outcome and cost-effectiveness of perioperative enteral immunonutrition in patients undergoing elective upper gastrointestinal tract surgery: a prospective randomized study,” Archives of Surgery, vol. 134, no. 12, pp. 1309–1316, 1999.
- Y. Zheng, F. Li, B. Qi et al., “Application of perioperative immunonutrition for gastrointestinal surgery: a meta-analysis of randomized controlled trials,” Asia Pacific Journal of Clinical Nutrition, vol. 16, supplement 1, pp. 253–257, 2007.
- S. Noisakran, R. V. Gibbons, P. Songprakhon et al., “Detection of dengue virus in platelets isolated from dengue patients,” Southeast Asian Journal of Tropical Medicine and Public Health, vol. 40, no. 2, pp. 253–262, 2009.
- M. Simonet, P. Triadou, C. Frehel, M.-C. Morel-Kopp, C. Kaplan, and P. Berche, “Human platelet aggregation by Yersinia pseudotuberculosis is mediated by invasin,” Infection and Immunity, vol. 60, no. 2, pp. 366–373, 1991.
- H. Kemona, A. Andrzejewska, J. Prokopowicz, H. Nowak, and M. Mantur, “Phagocytic activity of human blood platelets examined by electron microscopy,” Folia Haematologica, vol. 113, no. 5, pp. 696–702, 1986.
- H. Bessler, G. Agam, and M. Djaldetti, “Increased protein synthesis by human platelets during phagocytosis of latex particles in vitro,” Thrombosis et Diathesis Haemorrhagica, vol. 35, no. 2, pp. 350–357, 1976.
- Y.-Q. Tang, M. R. Yeaman, and M. E. Selsted, “Antimicrobial peptides from human platelets,” Infection and Immunity, vol. 70, no. 12, pp. 6524–6533, 2002.
- G. F. Nash, L. F. Turner, M. F. Scully, and A. K. Kakkar, “Platelets and cancer,” The Lancet Oncology, vol. 3, no. 7, pp. 425–430, 2002.
- G. J. Gasic, T. B. Gasic, and C. C. Stewart, “Antimetastatic effects associated with platelet reduction,” Proceedings of the National Academy of Sciences of the United States of America, vol. 61, no. 1, pp. 46–52, 1968.
- H. M. Verheul and H. M. Pinedo, “Tumor growth: a putative role for platelets?” Oncologist, vol. 3, pp. 2–3, 1998.
- J. W. M. Heemskerk, E. M. Bevers, and T. Lindhout, “Platelet activation and blood coagulation,” Thrombosis and Haemostasis, vol. 88, no. 2, pp. 186–193, 2002.
- R. S. Kasthuri, M. B. Taubman, and N. Mackman, “Role of tissue factor in cancer,” Journal of Clinical Oncology, vol. 27, no. 29, pp. 4834–4838, 2009.
- H. K. Kim, K. S. Song, Y. S. Park et al., “Elevated levels of circulating platelet microparticles, VEGF, IL-6 and RANTES in patients with gastric cancer: possible role of a metastasis predictor,” European Journal of Cancer, vol. 39, pp. 184–191, 2003.
- S. Sabrkhany, A. W. Griffioen, and M. G. A. oude Egbrink, “The role of blood platelets in tumor angiogenesis,” Biochimica et Biophysica Acta, vol. 1815, no. 2, pp. 189–196, 2011.
- A. A. Amelot, M. Tagzirt, G. Ducouret, R. L. Kuen, and B. F. Le Bonniec, “Platelet factor 4 (CXCL4) seals blood clots by altering the structure of fibrin,” Journal of Biological Chemistry, vol. 282, no. 1, pp. 710–720, 2007.
- J. Yu, C. Ustach, and H. R. C. Kim, “Platelet-derived growth factor signaling and human cancer,” Journal of Biochemistry and Molecular Biology, vol. 36, no. 1, pp. 49–59, 2003.
- K. Leitzel, W. Bryce, J. Tomita et al., “Elevated plasma platelet-derived growth factor B-chain levels in cancer patients,” Cancer Research, vol. 51, no. 16, pp. 4149–4154, 1991.
- C. Dunk and A. Ahmed, “Vascular endothelial growth factor receptor-2-mediated mitogenesis is negatively regulated by vascular endothelial growth factor receptor-1 in tumor epithelial cells,” The American Journal of Pathology, vol. 158, no. 1, pp. 265–273, 2001.
- G. Bendas and L. Borsig, “Cancer cell adhesion and metastasis: selectins, integrins, and the inhibitory potential of heparins,” International Journal of Cell Biology, vol. 2012, Article ID 676731, 10 pages, 2012.
- M. Labelle, S. Begum, and R. O. Hynes, “Direct signaling between platelets and cancer cells induces an epithelial-mesenchymal-like transition and promotes metastasis,” Cancer Cell, vol. 20, no. 5, pp. 576–590, 2011.
- M. Braga, L. Gianotti, G. Radaelli et al., “Perioperative immunonutrition in patients undergoing cancer surgery: results of a randomized double-blind phase 3 trial,” Archives of Surgery, vol. 134, no. 4, pp. 428–433, 1999.
- Z. Kamocki, J. Matowicka-Karna, Z. Piotrowski, and H. Kemona, “Bactericidal capacity of platelets in gastric cancer patients,” Neoplasma, vol. 51, no. 4, pp. 265–268, 2004.