- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Annual Issues ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Recently Accepted Articles ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
Clinical and Developmental Immunology
Volume 2013 (2013), Article ID 474028, 9 pages
Higher Levels of Autoantibodies Targeting Mutated Citrullinated Vimentin in Patients with Psoriatic Arthritis Than in Patients with Psoriasis Vulgaris
1Department of Dermatology and Allergology, University of Szeged, 6 Korányi Fasor, Szeged 6720, Hungary
2Department of Rheumatology, University of Szeged, 57 Kálvária Sugárút, Szeged 6725, Hungary
3Erzsébet Hospital, Hódmezővásárhely, Rheumatology and Rehabilitation Center of Kakasszék, 143 IV. Kerület, Székkutas 6821, Hungary
4Dermatological Research Group of the Hungarian Academy of Sciences, University of Szeged, 6 Korányi Fasor, Szeged 6720, Hungary
Received 12 October 2012; Revised 23 December 2012; Accepted 2 January 2013
Academic Editor: Xavier Bossuyt
Copyright © 2013 Szandra Dalmády et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- G. A. Schellekens, H. Visser, B. A. de Jong, et al., “The diagnostic properties of rheumatoid arthritis antibodies recognizing a cyclic citrullinated peptide,” Arthritis and Rheumatism, vol. 43, no. 1, pp. 155–163, 2000.
- S. Rantapää-Dahlqvist, B. A. W. de Jong, E. Berglin et al., “Antibodies against cyclic citrullinated peptide and IgA rheumatoid factor predict the development of rheumatoid arthritis,” Arthritis and Rheumatism, vol. 48, no. 10, pp. 2741–2749, 2003.
- D. M. Lee and P. H. Schur, “Clinical utility of the anti-CCP assay in patients with rheumatic diseases,” Annals of the Rheumatic Diseases, vol. 62, no. 9, pp. 870–874, 2003.
- L. Klareskog, M. Widhe, M. Hermansson, and J. Rönnelid, “Antibodies to citrullinated proteins in arthritis: pathology and promise,” Current Opinion in Rheumatology, vol. 20, no. 3, pp. 300–305, 2008.
- T. Skogh, “Does a positive anti-CCP test identify a distinct arthritis entity?” Arthritis Research and Therapy, vol. 7, no. 6, pp. 230–232, 2005.
- A. H. M. V. van Mil and T. W. J. Huizinga, “Advances in the genetics of rheumatoid arthritis point to subclassification into distinct disease subsets,” Arthritis Research and Therapy, vol. 10, no. 2, article 205, 2008.
- M. A. M. van Boekel, E. R. Vossenaar, F. H. J. van den Hoogen, and W. J. van Venrooij, “Autoantibody systems in rheumatoid arthritis: specificity, sensitivity and diagnostic value,” Arthritis Research, vol. 4, no. 2, pp. 87–93, 2002.
- N. Bizzaro, G. Mazzanti, E. Tonutti, D. Villalta, and R. Tozzoli, “Diagnostic accuracy of the anti-citrulline antibody assay for rheumatoid arthritis,” Clinical Chemistry, vol. 47, no. 6 I, pp. 1089–1093, 2001.
- J. Vencovsky, S. Machacek, L. Sedova, et al., “Autoantibodies can be prognostic markers of an erosive disease in early rheumatoid arthritis,” Annals of the Rheumatic Diseases, vol. 62, no. 5, pp. 427–430, 2003.
- B. vander Cruyssen, I. Peene, T. Cantaert et al., “Anti-citrullinated protein/peptide antibodies (ACPA) in rheumatoid arthritis: specificity and relation with rheumatoid factor,” Autoimmunity Reviews, vol. 4, no. 7, pp. 468–474, 2005.
- H. Visser, S. le Cessie, K. Vos, F. C. Breedveld, and J. M. W. Hazes, “How to diagnose rheumatoid arthritis early: a prediction model for persistent (erosive) arthritis,” Arthritis and Rheumatism, vol. 46, no. 2, pp. 357–365, 2002.
- E. J. Kroot, B. A. de Jong, M. A. van Leeuwen, et al., “The prognostic value of anti-cyclic citrullinated peptide antibody in patients with recent-onset rheumatoid arthritis,” Arthritis and Rheumatism, vol. 43, no. 8, pp. 1831–1835, 2000.
- C. H. M. van Jaarsveld, E. J. ter Borg, J. W. G. Jacobs et al., “The prognostic value of the antiperinuclear factor, anti-citrullinated peptide antibodies and rheumatoid factor in early rheumatoid arthritis,” Clinical and Experimental Rheumatology, vol. 17, no. 6, pp. 689–697, 1999.
- C. Anzilotti, G. Merlini, F. Pratesi, C. Tommasi, D. Chimenti, and P. Migliorini, “Antibodies to viral citrullinated peptide in rheumatoid arthritis,” Journal of Rheumatology, vol. 33, no. 4, pp. 647–651, 2006.
- F. Pratesi, C. Tommasi, C. Anzilotti et al., “Antibodies to a new viral citrullinated peptide, VCP2: fine specificity and correlation with anti-cyclic citrullinated peptide (CCP) and anti-VCP1 antibodies,” Clinical and Experimental Immunology, vol. 164, no. 3, pp. 337–345, 2011.
- E. Bartoloni, A. Alunno, O. Bistoni, et al., “Diagnostic value of anti-mutated citrullinated vimentin in comparison to anti-cyclic citrullinated peptide and anti-viral citrullinated peptide 2 antibodies in rheumatoid arthritis: an Italian multicentric study and review of the literature,” Autoimmunity Reviews, vol. 11, no. 11, pp. 815–820, 2012.
- H. Bang, K. Egerer, A. Gauliard et al., “Mutation and citrullination modifies vimentin to a novel autoantigen for rheumatoid arthritis,” Arthritis and Rheumatism, vol. 56, no. 8, pp. 2503–2511, 2007.
- L. Damjanovska, M. M. Thabet, E. W. N. Levarth et al., “Diagnostic value of anti-MCV antibodies in differentiating early inflammatory arthritis,” Annals of the Rheumatic Diseases, vol. 69, no. 4, pp. 730–732, 2010.
- L. Mathsson, M. Mullazehi, M. C. Wick et al., “Antibodies against citrullinated vimentin in rheumatoid arthritis: higher sensitivity and extended prognostic value concerning future radiographic progression as compared with antibodies against cyclic citrullinated peptides,” Arthritis and Rheumatism, vol. 58, no. 1, pp. 36–45, 2008.
- L. Soós, Z. Szekanecz, Z. Szabó et al., “Clinical evaluation of anti-mutated citrullinated vimentin by ELISA in rheumatoid arthritis,” Journal of Rheumatology, vol. 34, no. 8, pp. 1658–1663, 2007.
- H. E. Mansour, K. M. Metwaly, I. A. Hassan, H. A. A. Elshamy, and M. M. S. Elbeblawy, “Antibodies to mutated citrullinated vimentin in rheumatoid arthritis: diagnostic value, association with radiological damage and axial skeleton affection,” Clinical Medicine Insights, vol. 3, pp. 33–42, 2010.
- E. R. Vossenaar, N. Després, E. Lapointe et al., “Rheumatoid arthritis specific anti-Sa antibodies target citrullinated vimentin,” Arthritis Research and Therapy, vol. 6, no. 2, pp. R142–R150, 2004.
- H. A. Ménard, E. Lapointe, M. D. Rochdi, and Z. J. Zhou, “Insights into rheumatoid arthritis derived from the Sa immune system,” Arthritis Research, vol. 2, no. 6, pp. 429–432, 2000.
- E. Wagner, M. Skoumal, P. M. Bayer, and K. Klaushofer, “Antibody against mutated citrullinated vimentin: a new sensitive marker in the diagnosis of rheumatoid arthritis,” Rheumatology International, vol. 29, no. 11, pp. 1315–1321, 2009.
- J. E. Gottenberg, S. Mignot, P. Nicaise-Rolland et al., “Prevalence of anti-cyclic citrullinated peptide and anti-keratin antibodies in patients with primary Sjögren's syndrome,” Annals of the Rheumatic Diseases, vol. 64, no. 1, pp. 114–117, 2005.
- T. Avčin, P. L. Meroni, R. Cimaz et al., “Prevalence and clinical significance of anti-cyclic citrullinated peptide antibodies in juvenile idiopathic arthritis,” Annals of the Rheumatic Diseases, vol. 61, no. 7, pp. 608–611, 2002.
- R. Mediwake, D. A. Isenberg, G. A. Schellekens, and W. J. van Venrooij, “Use of anti-citrullinated peptide and anti-RA33 antibodies in distinguishing erosive arthritis in patients with systemic lupus erythematosus and rheumatoid arthritis,” Annals of the Rheumatic Diseases, vol. 60, no. 1, pp. 67–68, 2001.
- P. Rahman and J. T. Elder, “Genetic epidemioloqy of psoriasis and psoriatic arthritis,” Annals of the Rheumatic Diseases, vol. 64, supplement 2, pp. ii37–ii40, 2005.
- S. Marsal, L. Armadans-Gil, M. Martínez, D. Gallardo, A. Ribera, and E. Lience, “Clinical, radiographic and HLA associations as markers for different patterns of psoriatic arthritis,” Rheumatology, vol. 38, no. 4, pp. 332–337, 1999.
- Y. Liu, C. Helms, W. Liao et al., “A genome-wide association study of psoriasis and psoriatic arthritis identifies new disease loci,” PLoS Genetics, vol. 4, no. 3, p. e1000041, 2008.
- D. D. Gladman, R. Shuckett, and M. L. Russell, “Psoriatic arthritis (PSA)—an analysis of 220 patients,” Quarterly Journal of Medicine, vol. 62, no. 238, pp. 127–141, 1987.
- J. C. T. Alonso, A. R. Perez, J. M. A. Castrillo, J. B. Garcia, J. L. R. Noriega, and C. L. Larrea, “Psoriatic arthritis (PA): a clinical, immunological and radiological study of 180 patients,” British Journal of Rheumatology, vol. 30, no. 4, pp. 245–250, 1991.
- D. D. Gladman, P. Helliwell, P. J. Mease, P. Nash, C. Ritchlin, and W. Taylor, “Assessment of patients with psoriatic arthritis: a review of currently available measures,” Arthritis and Rheumatism, vol. 50, no. 1, pp. 24–35, 2004.
- D. McGonagle, P. G. Conaghan, and P. Emery, “Psoriatic arthritis: a unified concept twenty years on,” Arthritis and Rheumatism, vol. 42, no. 6, pp. 1080–1086, 1999.
- D. Veale, S. Rogers, and O. FitzGerald, “Classification of clinical subsets in psoriatic arthritis,” British Journal of Rheumatology, vol. 33, no. 2, pp. 133–138, 1994.
- W. Taylor, D. Gladman, P. Helliwell, A. Marchesoni, P. Mease, and H. Mielants, “Classification criteria for psoriatic arthritis: development of new criteria from a large international study,” Arthritis and Rheumatism, vol. 54, no. 8, pp. 2665–2673, 2006.
- J. M. H. Moll and V. Wright, “Psoriatic arthritis,” Seminars in Arthritis and Rheumatism, vol. 3, no. 1, pp. 55–78, 1973.
- M. L. L. Prevoo, M. A. van 't Hof, H. H. Kuper, M. A. van Leeuwen, L. B. A. van de Putte, and P. L. C. M. van Riel, “Modified disease activity scores that include twenty-eight-joint counts: development and validation in a prospective longitudinal study of patients with rheumatoid arthritis,” Arthritis and Rheumatism, vol. 38, no. 1, pp. 44–48, 1995.
- G. Wells, J. C. Becker, J. Teng et al., “Validation of the 28-joint Disease Activity Score (DAS28) and European League against Rheumatism response criteria based on C-reactive protein against disease progression in patients with rheumatoid arthritis, and comparison with the DAS28 based on erythrocyte sedimentation rate,” Annals of the Rheumatic Diseases, vol. 68, no. 6, pp. 954–960, 2009.
- T. Fredriksson and U. Pettersson, “Severe psoriasis—oral therapy with a new retinoid,” Dermatologica, vol. 157, no. 4, pp. 238–244, 1978.
- A. Tesija-Kuna, S. Grazio, M. Miler, I. Vukasovic, P. Peric, and N. Vrkic, “Antibodies targeting mutated citrullinated vimentin in patients with psoriatic arthritis,” Clinical Rheumatology, vol. 29, no. 5, pp. 487–493, 2010.
- N. Bodnar, Z. Szekanecz, Z. Prohaszka, et al., “Anti-mutated citrullinated vimentin (anti-MCV) and anti-65 kDa heat shock protein (anti-hsp65): new biomarkers in ankylosing spondylitis,” Joint, Bone, Spine, vol. 79, no. 1, pp. 63–66, 2012.
- D. McGonagle, “Enthesitis: an autoinflammatory lesion linking nail and joint involvement in psoriatic disease,” Journal of the European Academy of Dermatology and Venereology, vol. 23, supplement 1, pp. 9–13, 2009.
- Z. R. Ash, I. Tinazzi, C. C. Gallego, et al., “Psoriasis patients with nail disease have a greater magnitude of underlying systemic subclinical enthesopathy than those with normal nails,” Annals of the Rheumatic Diseases, vol. 71, no. 4, pp. 553–556, 2012.
- H. A. Chen, K. C. Lin, C. H. Chen et al., “The effect of etanercept on anti-cyclic citrullinated peptide antibodies and rheumatoid factor in patients with rheumatoid arthritis,” Annals of the Rheumatic Diseases, vol. 65, no. 1, pp. 35–39, 2006.
- C. Alessandri, M. Bombardieri, N. Papa et al., “Decrease of anti-cyclic citrullinated peptide antibodies and rheumatoid factor following anti-TNFα therapy (infliximab) in rheumatoid arthritis is associated with clinical improvement,” Annals of the Rheumatic Diseases, vol. 63, no. 10, pp. 1218–1221, 2004.
- Y. Braun-Moscovici, D. Markovits, O. Zinder et al., “Anti-cyclic citrullinated protein antibodies as a predictor of response to anti-tumor necrosis factor-α therapy in patients with rheumatoid arthritis,” Journal of Rheumatology, vol. 33, no. 3, pp. 497–500, 2006.
- P. Nicaise Roland, S. Grootenboer Mignot, A. Bruns et al., “Antibodies to mutated citrullinated vimentin for diagnosing rheumatoid arthritis in anti-CCP-negative patients and for monitoring infliximab therapy,” Arthritis Research and Therapy, vol. 10, no. 6, p. R142, 2008.
- P. Caramaschi, D. Biasi, E. Tonolli et al., “Antibodies against cyclic citrullinated peptides in patients affected by rheumatoid arthritis before and after infliximab treatment,” Rheumatology International, vol. 26, no. 1, pp. 58–62, 2005.
- L. de Rycke, X. Verhelst, E. Kruithof et al., “Rheumatoid factor, but not anti-cyclic citrullinated peptide antibodies, is modulated by infliximab treatment in rheumatoid arthritis,” Annals of the Rheumatic Diseases, vol. 64, no. 2, pp. 299–302, 2005.
- F. Bobbio-Pallavicini, R. Caporali, C. Alpini et al., “High IgA rheumatoid factor levels are associated with poor clinical response to tumour necrosis factor α inhibitors in rheumatoid arthritis,” Annals of the Rheumatic Diseases, vol. 66, no. 3, pp. 302–307, 2007.
- J. T. Elder, “Genome-wide association scan yields new insights into the immunopathogenesis of psoriasis,” Genes and Immunity, vol. 10, no. 3, pp. 201–209, 2009.
- R. Queiro, S. Alonso, M. Alperi, M. Fernández, and C. Sarasqueta, “Stratification by age of onset with 30 years as age limit is an effective means of identifying PSORS1-associated psoriasis in patients with psoriatic arthritis,” Joint, Bone, Spine, vol. 78, no. 6, pp. 581–583, 2011.