- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Annual Issues ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Articles in Press ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
Clinical and Developmental Immunology
Volume 2013 (2013), Article ID 524204, 4 pages
Research of the Methylation Status of miR-124a Gene Promoter among Rheumatoid Arthritis Patients
1Department of Rheumatology, Sichuan Academy of Medical Science & Sichuan Provincial People's Hospital, No. 32 West Section 2, Yihuan Road, Chengdu, Sichuan 610072, China
2Department of Rheumatology, The First Affiliated Hospital of Xiamen University, Xiamen, Fujian 361003, China
Received 1 May 2013; Accepted 5 September 2013
Academic Editor: Jianying Zhang
Copyright © 2013 Qiao Zhou et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- A. Ruyssen-Witrand, A. Constantin, A. Cambon-Thomsen, and M. Thomsen, “New insights into the genetics of immune responses in rheumatoid arthritis,” Tissue Antigens, vol. 80, no. 2, pp. 105–118, 2012.
- A. Gramling and J. R. O'Dell, “Initial management of rheumatoid arthritis,” Rheumatic Diseases Clinics of North America, vol. 38, no. 2, pp. 311–325, 2012.
- F. A. H. Cooles and J. D. Isaacs, “Pathophysiology of rheumatoid arthritis,” Current Opinion in Rheumatology, vol. 23, no. 3, pp. 233–240, 2011.
- S. P. Persengiev, “miRNAs at the crossroad between hematopoietic malignancies and autoimmune pathogenesis,” Discovery Medicine, vol. 13, no. 70, pp. 211–221, 2012.
- M. de Santis and C. Selmi, “The therapeutic potential of epigenetics in autoimmune diseases,” Clinical Reviews in Allergy & Immunology, vol. 42, no. 1, pp. 92–101, 2012.
- C. L. Bartels and G. J. Tsongalis, “Mini-reviews micrornas: novel biomarkers for human cancer,” Clinical Chemistry, vol. 55, no. 4, pp. 623–631, 2009.
- C. Z. Chen, “MicroRNAs as oncogenes and tumor suppressors,” The New England Journal of Medicine, vol. 353, no. 17, pp. 1768–1771, 2005.
- C.-G. Miao and Y.-Y. Yang, “New advances of microRNAs in the pathogenesis of rheumatoid arthritis, with a focus on the crosstalk between DNA methylation and the microRNA machinery,” Cellular Signalling, vol. 25, no. 5, pp. 1118–1125, 2013.
- Y. Nakamachi, S. Kawano, M. Takenokuchi et al., “MicroRNA-124a is a key regulator of proliferation and monocyte chemoattractant protein 1 secretion in fibroblast-like synoviocytes from patients with rheumatoid arthritis,” Arthritis & Rheumatism, vol. 60, no. 5, pp. 1294–1304, 2009.
- A. Lujambio, S. Ropero, E. Ballestar et al., “Genetic unmasking of an epigenetically silenced microRNA in human cancer cells,” Cancer Research, vol. 67, no. 4, pp. 1424–1429, 2007.
- A. Lujambio and M. Esteller, “CpG island hypermethylation of tumor suppressor microRNAs in human cancer,” Cell Cycle, vol. 6, no. 12, pp. 1455–1459, 2007.
- X. Agirre, A. Vilas-Zornoza, A. Jiménez-Velasco et al., “Epigenetic silencing of the tumor suppressor microRNA Hsa-miR-124a regulates CDK6 expression and confers a poor prognosis in acute lymphoblastic leukemia,” Cancer Research, vol. 69, no. 10, pp. 4443–4453, 2009.
- F. C. Arnett, S. M. Edworthy, D. A. Bloch et al., “The American Rheumatism Association 1987 revised criteria for the classification of rheumatoid arthritis,” Arthritis & Rheumatism, vol. 31, no. 3, pp. 315–324, 1988.
- R. Altman, E. Asch, D. Bloch, et al., “Development of criteria for the classification and reporting of osteoarthritis: classification of osteoarthritis of the knee,” Arthritis & Rheumatism, vol. 29, no. 8, pp. 1039–1049, 1986.
- J. G. Herman, J. R. Graff, S. Myöhänen, B. D. Nelkin, and S. B. Baylin, “Methylation-specific PCR: a novel PCR assay for methylation status of CpG islands,” Proceedings of the National Academy of Sciences of the United States of America, vol. 93, no. 18, pp. 9821–9826, 1996.
- W. P. Kloosterman and R. H. A. Plasterk, “The diverse functions of microRNAs in animal development and disease,” Developmental Cell, vol. 11, no. 4, pp. 441–450, 2006.
- C. Conaco, S. Otto, J. J. Han, and G. Mandel, “Reciprocal actions of REST and a microRNA promote neuronal identity,” Proceedings of the National Academy of Sciences of the United States of America, vol. 103, no. 7, pp. 2422–2427, 2006.
- J. Pierson, B. Hostager, R. Fan, and R. Vibhakar, “Regulation of cyclin dependent kinase 6 by microRNA 124 in medulloblastoma,” Journal of Neuro-Oncology, vol. 90, no. 1, pp. 1–7, 2008.