- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Advance Access ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Annual Issues ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Articles in Press ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
Clinical and Developmental Immunology
Volume 2013 (2013), Article ID 548085, 9 pages
Effects of Rapamycin Combined with Low Dose Prednisone in Patients with Chronic Immune Thrombocytopenia
Key Lab of Thrombosis and Hemostasis of Ministry of Health, Jiangsu Institute of Hematology, The First Affiliated Hospital of Soochow University, 188 Shizi Street, Suzhou 215006, China
Received 22 September 2013; Accepted 5 November 2013
Academic Editor: Jacek Tabarkiewicz
Copyright © 2013 Jiaming Li et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- L. Ji, Y. Zhan, F. Hua, et al., “The ratio of treg/th17 cells correlates with the disease activity of primary immune thrombocytopenia,” PLoS One, vol. 7, Article ID e50909, 2012.
- H. U. Teke, E. Gunduz, O. M. Akay, and Z. Gulbas, “Abnormality of regulatory T-cells in remission and non-remission idiopathic thrombocytopaenic purpura patients,” Platelets, vol. 24, no. 8, pp. 625–631, 2013.
- L.-M. Aboul-Fotoh, M. M. A. Raheem, M. A. El-Deen, and A. M. Osman, “Role of CD4+CD25+ T cells in children with idiopathic thrombocytopenic purpura,” Journal of Pediatric Hematology/Oncology, vol. 33, no. 2, pp. 81–85, 2011.
- J. Yu, S. Heck, V. Patel et al., “Defective circulating CD25 regulatory T cells in patients with chronic immune thrombocytopenic purpura,” Blood, vol. 112, no. 4, pp. 1325–1328, 2008.
- R. A. Peterson, “Regulatory T-cells: diverse phenotypes integral to immune homeostasis and suppression,” Toxicologic Pathology, vol. 40, no. 2, pp. 186–204, 2012.
- J. W. Semple and D. Provan, “The immunopathogenesis of immune thrombocytopenia: T cells still take center-stage,” Current Opinion in Hematology, vol. 19, no. 5, pp. 357–362, 2012.
- B. Olsson, P.-O. Andersson, M. Jernås et al., “T-cell-mediated cytotoxicity toward platelets in chronic idiopathic thrombocytopenic purpura,” Nature Medicine, vol. 9, no. 9, pp. 1123–1124, 2003.
- Y. Ling, X. Cao, Z. Yu, and C. Ruan, “Circulating dendritic cells subsets and CD4+Foxp3+ regulatory T cells in adult patients with chronic ITP before and after treatment with high-dose dexamethasome,” European Journal of Haematology, vol. 79, no. 4, pp. 310–316, 2007.
- R. Stasi, N. Cooper, G. D. Poeta et al., “Analysis of regulatory T-cell changes in patients with idiopathic thrombocytopenic purpura receiving B cell depleting therapy with rituximab,” Blood, vol. 112, no. 4, pp. 1147–1150, 2008.
- Z. Li, W. Mou, G. Lu et al., “Low-dose rituximab combined with short-term glucocorticoids up-regulates Treg cell levels in patients with immune thrombocytopenia,” International Journal of Hematology, vol. 93, no. 1, pp. 91–98, 2011.
- W. Bao, J. B. Bussel, S. Heck et al., “Improved regulatory T-cell activity in patients with chronic immune thrombocytopenia treated with thrombopoietic agents,” Blood, vol. 116, no. 22, pp. 4639–4645, 2010.
- Food and Drug Administration, “FDA approves rapamune to prevent organ rejection,” http://www.fda.gov/bbs/topics/ANSWERS/ANS00974.html.
- M. Battaglia, A. Stabilini, and E. Tresoldi, “Expanding human T regulatory cells with the mTOR-inhibitor rapamycin,” Methods in Molecular Biology, vol. 821, pp. 279–293, 2012.
- G. M. Delgoffe and J. D. Powell, “Exploring functional in vivo consequences of the selective genetic ablation of mTOR signaling in T helper lymphocytes,” Methods in Molecular Biology, vol. 821, pp. 317–327, 2012.
- G. M. Delgoffe, T. P. Kole, Y. Zheng et al., “The mTOR kinase differentially regulates effector and regulatory T cell lineage commitment,” Immunity, vol. 30, no. 6, pp. 832–844, 2009.
- R. Zeiser, V. H. Nguyen, A. Beilhack et al., “Inhibition of CD4+CD25+ regulatory T-cell function by calcineurin-dependent interleukin-2 production,” Blood, vol. 108, no. 1, pp. 390–399, 2006.
- K. Bocian, J. Borysowski, P. Wierzbicki et al., “Rapamycin, unlike cyclosporine A, enhances suppressive functions of in vitro-induced CD4+CD25+ Tregs,” Nephrology Dialysis Transplantation, vol. 25, no. 3, pp. 710–717, 2010.
- M. Battaglia, A. Stabilini, and M.-G. Roncarolo, “Rapamycin selectively expands CD4+CD25+FoxP3+ regulatory T cells,” Blood, vol. 105, no. 12, pp. 4743–4748, 2005.
- C. Zhang, J. Shan, J. Lu et al., “Rapamycin in combination with donor-specific CD4+CD25+Treg cells amplified in vitro might be realize the immune tolerance in clinical organ transplantation,” Cellular Immunology, vol. 264, no. 2, pp. 111–113, 2010.
- C. D. Dummer, V. N. Carpio, L. F. Gonçalves, R. C. Manfro, and F. V. Veronese, “FOXP3+ regulatory T cells: from suppression of rejection to induction of renal allograft tolerance,” Transplant Immunology, vol. 26, no. 1, pp. 1–10, 2012.
- J. M. Coghill, M. J. Carlson, T. P. Moran, and J. S. Serody, “The biology and therapeutic potential of natural regulatory T-cells in the bone marrow transplant setting,” Leukemia and Lymphoma, vol. 49, no. 10, pp. 1860–1869, 2008.
- H. Iwase, T. Kobayashi, Y. Kodera et al., “Clinical significance of regulatory T-cell-related gene expression in peripheral blood after renal transplantation,” Transplantation, vol. 91, no. 2, pp. 191–198, 2011.
- M. Battaglia, A. Stabilini, B. Migliavacca, J. Horejs-Hoeck, T. Kaupper, and M.-G. Roncarolo, “Rapamycin promotes expansion of functional CD4+CD25+FOXP3+ regulatory T cells of both healthy subjects and type 1 diabetic patients,” Journal of Immunology, vol. 177, no. 12, pp. 8338–8347, 2006.
- V. R. Breakey and V. S. Blanchette, “Childhood immune thrombocytopenia: a changing therapeutic landscape,” Seminars in Thrombosis and Hemostasis, vol. 37, no. 7, pp. 745–755, 2011.
- Z. W. Lai, R. Hanczko, E. Bonilla, et al., “N-acetylcysteine reduces disease activity by blocking mammalian target of rapamycin in T cells from systemic lupus erythematosus patients: a randomized, double-blind, placebo-controlled trial,” Arthritis & Rheumatism, vol. 64, no. 9, pp. 2937–2946, 2012.
- G. A. Bruyn, G. Tate, F. Caeiro et al., “Everolimus in patients with rheumatoid arthritis receiving concomitant methotrexate: a 3-month, double-blind, randomised, placebo-controlled, parallel-group, proof-of-concept study,” Annals of the Rheumatic Diseases, vol. 67, no. 8, pp. 1090–1095, 2008.
- B. Liu, H. Zhao, M.-C. Poon et al., “Abnormality of CD4+CD25+ regulatory T cells in idiopathic thrombocytopenic purpura,” European Journal of Haematology, vol. 78, no. 2, pp. 139–143, 2007.
- T. Nishimoto and M. Kuwana, “CD4+CD25+Foxp3+ regulatory T Cells in the pathophysiology of immune thrombocytopenia,” Seminars in Hematology, vol. 50, supplement 1, pp. S43–S49, 2013.
- S. P. Hilchey and S. H. Bernstein, “Use of CFSE to monitor ex vivo regulatory T-cell suppression of CD4+ and CD8+ T-cell proliferation within unseparated mononuclear cells from malignant and non-malignant human lymph node biopsies,” Immunological Investigations, vol. 36, no. 5-6, pp. 629–648, 2007.
- D. R. Choudhary, R. Naithani, M. Mahapatra, R. Kumar, P. Mishra, and R. Saxena, “Efficacy of cyclosporine as a single agent therapy in chronic idiopathic thrombocytopenic purpura,” Haematologica, vol. 93, no. 10, pp. e61–e62, 2008.
- G. Emilia, M. Luppi, M. Morselli, F. Forghieri, L. Potenza, and G. Torelli, “A possible role for low-dose cyclosporine in refractory immune thrombocytopenic purpura,” Haematologica, vol. 93, no. 7, pp. 1113–1115, 2008.
- G. Emilia, M. Morselli, M. Luppi et al., “Long-term salvage therapy with cyclosporin a in refractory idipathic thrombocytopenic purpura,” Blood, vol. 99, no. 4, pp. 1482–1485, 2002.
- D. M. Arnold, I. Nazi, A. Santos et al., “Combination immunosuppressant therapy for patients with chronic refractory immune thrombocytopenic purpura,” Blood, vol. 115, no. 1, pp. 29–31, 2010.
- C. R. Ruprecht, M. Gattorno, F. Ferlito et al., “Coexpression of CD25 and CD27 identifies FoxP3+ regulatory T cells in inflamed synovia,” Journal of Experimental Medicine, vol. 201, no. 11, pp. 1793–1803, 2005.
- J. M. van Amelsfort, J. A. van Roon, M. Noordegraaf et al., “Proinflammatory mediator-induced reversal of CD4+,CD25+ regulatory T cell-mediated suppression in rheumatoid arthritis,” Arthritis & Rheumatism, vol. 56, no. 3, pp. 732–742, 2007.