- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Annual Issues ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Articles in Press ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
Clinical and Developmental Immunology
Volume 2013 (2013), Article ID 703759, 8 pages
Clinical Phenotypes of Patients with Anti-DFS70/LEDGF Antibodies in a Routine ANA Referral Cohort
1Department of Immunology, (AP-HP) Pitié-Salpêtrière Hospital, Paris, France
2Department of Research, INOVA Diagnostics Inc., 9900 Old Grove Road, San Diego, CA 32131-1638, USA
3Faculty of Medicine, University of Calgary, Calgary, Canada
4Department of Internal Medicine, (AP-HP) Pitié-Salpêtrière Hospital, Paris, France
Received 31 October 2012; Accepted 19 December 2012
Academic Editor: Xavier Bossuyt
Copyright © 2013 Makoto Miyara et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- M. Mahler and M. J. Fritzler, “Epitope specificity and significance in systemic autoimmune diseases,” Annals of the New York Academy of Sciences, vol. 1183, pp. 267–287, 2010.
- P. L. Meroni and P. H. Schur, “ANA screening: an old test with new recommendations,” Annals of the Rheumatic Diseases, vol. 69, no. 8, pp. 1420–1422, 2010.
- R. L. Ochs, Y. Muro, Y. Si, H. Ge, E. K. L. Chan, and E. M. Tan, “Autoantibodies to DFS 70 kd/transcription coactivator p75 in atopic dermatitis and other conditions,” The Journal of Allergy and Clinical Immunology, vol. 105, no. 6, part 1, pp. 1211–1220, 2000.
- V. Ganapathy and C. A. Casiano, “Autoimmunity to the nuclear autoantigen DFS70 (LEDGF): what exactly are the autoantibodies trying to tell Us?” Arthritis & Rheumatism, vol. 50, no. 3, pp. 684–688, 2004.
- R. L. Ochs, T. W. Stein Jr., C. L. Peebles, R. F. Gittes, and E. M. Tan, “Autoantibodies in interstitial cystitis,” Journal of Urology, vol. 151, no. 3, pp. 587–592, 1994.
- T. Shinohara, D. P. Singh, and L. T. Chylack Jr., “Review: age-related cataract: immunity and lens epithelium-derived growth factor (LEDGF),” Journal of Ocular Pharmacology and Therapeutics, vol. 16, no. 2, pp. 181–191, 2000.
- T. Daniels, J. Zhang, I. Gutierrez et al., “Antinuclear autoantibodies in prostate cancer: immunity to LEDGF/p75, a survival protein highly expressed in prostate tumors and cleaved during apoptosis,” Prostate, vol. 62, no. 1, pp. 14–26, 2005.
- G. Maertens, P. Cherepanov, W. Pluymers et al., “LEDGF/p75 is essential for nuclear and chromosomal targeting of HIV-1 integrase in human cells,” The Journal of Biological Chemistry, vol. 278, no. 35, pp. 33528–33539, 2003.
- A. Watanabe, M. Kodera, K. Sugiura et al., “Anti-DFS70 antibodies in 597 healthy hospital workers,” Arthritis & Rheumatism, vol. 50, no. 3, pp. 892–900, 2004.
- A. Dellavance, V. S. T. Viana, E. P. Leon, E. S. D. O. Bonfa, L. E. C. Andrade, and P. G. Leser, “The clinical spectrum of antinuclear antibodies associated with the nuclear dense fine speckled immunofluorescence pattern,” The Journal of Rheumatology, vol. 32, no. 11, pp. 2144–2149, 2005.
- K. Yamada, S. Senju, T. Shinohara et al., “Humoral immune response directed against LEDGF in patients with VKH,” Immunology Letters, vol. 78, no. 3, pp. 161–168, 2001.
- M. Ayaki, N. Ohoguro, N. Azuma et al., “Detection of cytotoxic anti-LEDGF autoantibodies in atopic dermatitis,” Autoimmunity, vol. 35, no. 5, pp. 319–327, 2002.
- H. A. Mariz, E. I. Sato, S. H. Barbosa, S. H. Rodrigues, A. Dellavance, and L. E. Andrade, “Ana HEp-2 pattern is a critical parameter for discriminating ana-positive healthy individuals and patients with autoimmune rheumatic diseases,” Arthritis & Rheumatism, vol. 63, no. 1, pp. 191–200, 2011.
- Y. Muro, K. Sugiura, Y. Morita, and Y. Tomita, “High concomitance of disease marker autoantibodies in anti-DFS70/LEDGF autoantibody-positive patients with autoimmune rheumatic disease,” Lupus, vol. 17, no. 3, pp. 171–176, 2008.
- M. Mahler, J. G. Hanlyand, and M. J. Fritzler, “Importance of the dense fine speckled pattern on HEp-2 cells and anti-DFS70 antibodies for the diagnosis of systemic autoimmune diseases,” Autoimmunity Reviews, vol. 11, no. 9, pp. 642–645, 2011.
- E. M. Tan, A. S. Cohen, and J. F. Fries, “The 1982 revised criteria for the classification of systemic lupus erythrematosus,” Arthritis & Rheumatism, vol. 25, no. 11, pp. 1271–1277, 1982.
- S. R. Johnson, J. Fransen, D. Khanna, et al., “Validation of potential classification criteria for systemic sclerosis,” Arthritis Care & Research, vol. 64, no. 3, pp. 358–367, 2012.
- S. Narain, H. B. Richards, M. Satoh et al., “Diagnostic accuracy for lupus and other systemic autoimmune diseases in the community setting,” Archives of Internal Medicine, vol. 164, no. 22, pp. 2435–2441, 2004.
- M. R. Arbuckle, M. T. McClain, M. V. Rubertone et al., “Development of autoantibodies before the clinical onset of systemic lupus erythematosus,” The New England Journal of Medicine, vol. 349, no. 16, pp. 1526–1533, 2003.
- C. Eriksson, H. Kokkonen, M. Johansson, G. Hallmans, G. Wadelland, and S. Rantapaa-Dahlqvist, “Autoantibodies predate the onset of systemic lupus erythematosus in Northern Sweden,” Arthritis Research & Therapy, vol. 13, no. 1, article R30, 2011.
- M. J. Fritzler, “The antinuclear antibody test: last or lasting gasp?” Arthritis & Rheumatism, vol. 63, no. 1, pp. 19–22, 2011.
- M. Mahler, M. J. Fritzler, and M. Blüthner, “Identification of a SmD3 epitope with a single symmetrical dimethylation of an arginine residue as a specific target of a subpopulation of anti-Sm antibodies,” Arthritis Research & Therapy, vol. 7, no. 1, pp. R19–R29, 2005.
- M. Mahler, T. Parker, C. L. Peebles, et al., “Anti-DFS70/LEDGF antibodies are more prevalent in healthy individuals compared to patients with systemic autoimmune rheumatic diseases,” The Journal of Rheumatology, vol. 39, no. 11, pp. 2104–2110, 2012.
- M. Mahler, A. Radice, R. A. Sinico, et al., “Performance evaluation of a novel chemiluminescence assay for detection of anti-GBM antibodies: an international multicenter study,” Nephrology Dialysis Transplantation, vol. 27, no. 1, pp. 243–252, 2011.
- M. Mahler, A. Radice, W. Yang, et al., “Development and performance evaluation of novel chemiluminescence assays for detection of anti-PR3 and anti-MPO antibodies,” Clinica Chimica Acta, vol. 413, no. 7-8, pp. 719–726, 2012.
- S. S. Copple, A. D. Sawitzke, A. M. Wilson, A. E. Tebo, and H. R. Hill, “Enzyme-linked immunosorbent assay screening then indirect immunofluorescence confirmation of antinuclear antibodies: a statistical analysis,” American Journal of Clinical Pathology, vol. 135, no. 5, pp. 678–684, 2011.
- M. Fenger, A. Wiik, M. Høier-Madsen et al., “Detection of antinuclear antibodies by solid-phase immunoassays and immunofluorescence analysis,” Clinical Chemistry, vol. 50, no. 11, pp. 2141–2147, 2004.
- K. Fijorek, D. Fijorek, B. Wisniowska, and S. Polak, “BDTcomparator: a program for comparing binary classifiers,” Bioinformatics, vol. 27, no. 24, pp. 3439–3440, 2011.
- J. A. R. Nofuentes and J. D. D. L. del Castillo, “Comparison of the likelihood ratios of two binary diagnostic tests in paired designs,” Statistics in Medicine, vol. 26, no. 22, pp. 4179–4201, 2007.
- K. Watanabe, Y. Muro, K. Sugiura, and Y. Tomita, “IgE and IgG4 autoantibodies against DFS70/LEDGF in atopic dermatitis,” Autoimmunity, vol. 44, no. 6, pp. 511–519, 2011.
- Y. Ogawa, K. Sugiura, A. Watanabe et al., “Autoantigenicity of DFS70 is restricted to the conformational epitope of C-terminal alpha-helical domain,” Journal of Autoimmunity, vol. 23, no. 3, pp. 221–231, 2004.
- Y. Shoenfeld and E. Toubi, “Protective autoantibodies: role in homeostasis, clinical importance, and therapeutic potential,” Arthritis & Rheumatism, vol. 52, no. 9, pp. 2599–2606, 2005.
- M. J. Fritzler, “Toward a new autoantibody diagnostic orthodoxy: understanding the bad, good and indifferent,” Autoimmunity Highlights, vol. 3, no. 2, pp. 51–58, 2012.
- N. Bizzaro, E. Tonutti, D. Visentini et al., “Antibodies to the lens and cornea in anti-DFS70-positive subjects,” Annals of the New York Academy of Sciences, vol. 1107, pp. 174–183, 2007.
- M. Mahler, J. T. Ngo, J. Schulte-Pelkum, T. Luettich, and M. J. Fritzler, “Limited reliability of the indirect immunofluorescence technique for the detection of anti-Rib-P antibodies,” Arthritis Research and Therapy, vol. 10, no. 6, article R131, 2008.
- M. Mahler, E. D. Silverman, and M. J. Fritzler, “Novel diagnostic and clinical aspects of anti-PCNA antibodies detected by novel detection methods,” Lupus, vol. 19, no. 13, pp. 1527–1533, 2010.
- N. Bizzaro, E. Tonutti, and D. Villalta, “Recognizing the dense fine speckled/lens epithelium-derived growth factor/p75 pattern on HEP-2 cells: not an easy task! Comment on the article by Mariz et al,” Arthritis & Rheumatism, vol. 63, no. 12, pp. 4036–4037, 2011.
- W. Y. Craig and T. B. Ledue, “The dense fine speckled antinuclear antibody pattern in autoimmune rheumatic disease: comment on the article by Mariz et al,” Arthritis & Rheumatism, vol. 63, no. 6, p. 1759, 2011.