- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Advance Access ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Annual Issues ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Articles in Press ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
Clinical and Developmental Immunology
Volume 2013 (2013), Article ID 839719, 17 pages
New Insights on Human Polyomavirus JC and Pathogenesis of Progressive Multifocal Leukoencephalopathy
1Department of Public Health and Infectious Diseases, “Sapienza” University of Rome, P.le Aldo Moro, 5-00185 Rome, Italy
2Department of Public Health and Infectious Diseases, Institute Pasteur, Cenci-Bolognetti Foundation, “Sapienza” University of Rome, P.le Aldo Moro, 5-00185 Rome, Italy
3San Raffaele Pisana Scientific Institute for Research, Hospitalization and Health Care, Via Val Cannuta, 247-00166 Rome, Italy
4Sbarro Institute for Cancer Research and Molecular Medicine, Center for Biotechnology, College of Science and Technology, Temple University, 1900 N. 12th Street, Philadelphia, PA 19122, USA
Received 7 January 2013; Accepted 6 March 2013
Academic Editor: Serena Delbue
Copyright © 2013 Anna Bellizzi et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
Citations to this Article [27 citations]
The following is the list of published articles that have cited the current article.
- Anna Bellizzi, Elena Anzivino, Donatella Maria Rodio, Sara Cioccolo, Rossana Scrivo, Manuela Morreale, Simona Pontecorvo, Federica Ferrari, Giovanni Di Nardo, Lucia Nencioni, Silvia Carluccio, Guido Valesini, Ada Francia, Salvatore Cucchiara, Anna Teresa Palamara, and Valeria Pietropaolo, “Human Polyomavirus JC monitoring and noncoding control region analysis in dynamic cohorts of individuals affected by immune-mediated diseases under treatment with biologics: an observational study,” Virology Journal, vol. 10, 2013.
- Marco A. Lima, “Progressive multifocal leukoencephalopathy: new concepts,” Arquivos de Neuro-Psiquiatria, vol. 71, no. 9B, pp. 699–702, 2013.
- Manola Comar, Nunzia Zanotta, Rossella Del Savio, Fulvia Vascotto, Nadia Calabrese, Francesca Zorat, and Gabriele Pozzato, “No evidence of Polyomavirus and EBV infections in Italian patients with mixed cryoglobulinemia infected chronically with HCV,” Journal of Medical Virology, vol. 86, no. 4, pp. 666–671, 2013.
- N. Carlson, and J.M. Hansen, “Fatal Progressive Multifocal Leukoencephalopathy in a Kidney Transplant Recipient 19 Years After Successful Renal Allograft Transplantation,” Transplantation Proceedings, 2014.
- Bilal El Waly, Magali Macchi, Myriam Cayre, and Pascale Durbec, “Oligodendrogenesis in the normal and pathological central nervous system,” Frontiers in Neuroscience, vol. 8, 2014.
- Roland Nau, Sandra Ribes, Marija Djukic, and Helmut Eiffert, “Strategies to increase the activity of microglia as efficient protectors of the brain against infections,” Frontiers in Cellular Neuroscience, vol. 8, 2014.
- Leslie J. Marshall, Michael W. Ferenczy, Elizabeth L. Daley, Peter N. Jensen, Caroline F. Ryschkewitsch, and Eugene O. Major, “Lymphocyte Gene Expression and JC Virus Noncoding Control Region Sequences Are Linked with the Risk of Progressive Multifocal Leukoencephalopathy,” Journal of Virology, vol. 88, no. 9, pp. 5177–5183, 2014.
- Donald C Vinh, “Cytokine immunomodulation for the treatment of infectious diseases: lessons from primary immunodeficiencies,” Expert Review of Clinical Immunology, pp. 1–32, 2014.
- Sujal Ghosh, Friedhelm R. Schuster, Ortwin Adams, Florian Babor, Arndt Borkhardt, Patrizia Comoli, Rupert Handgretinger, Peter Lang, Hans-Jürgen Laws, Meinolf Siepermann, and Roland Meisel, “Haploidentical stem cell transplantation in DOCK8 deficiency – successful control of pre-existing severe viremia with a TCRaß/CD19-depleted graft and antiviral treatment,” Clinical Immunology, 2014.
- Gretchen Meinke, Paul J. Phelan, Radha Kalekar, Jong Shin, Jacques Archambault, Andrew Bohm, and Peter A. Bullock, “Insights into the Initiation of JC Virus DNA Replication Derived from the Crystal Structure of the T-Antigen Origin Binding Domain,” Plos Pathogens, vol. 10, no. 2, 2014.
- Takashi Kanda, “Molecular targeted therapy against the blood-brain barrier in multiple sclerosis,” Clinical and Experimental Neuroimmunology, vol. 5, pp. 28–34, 2014.
- Jong Shin, Paul J. Phelan, Panharith Chhum, Nazym Bashkenova, Sung Yim, Robert Parker, David Gagnon, Ole Gjoerup, Jacques Archambault, and Peter A. Bullock, “Analysis of JC virus DNA replication using a quantitative and high-throughput assay,” Virology, vol. 468-470, pp. 113–125, 2014.
- Maxim Bester, Maria Petracca, and Matilde Inglese, “Neuroimaging of Multiple Sclerosis, Acute Disseminated Encephalomyelitis, and Other Demyelinating Diseases,” Seminars in Roentgenology, vol. 49, no. 1, pp. 76–85, 2014.
- Alberto Calvi, Milena De Riz, Anna M. Pietroboni, Laura Ghezzi, Virginia Maltese, Andrea Arighi, Giorgio G. Fumagalli, Francesca Jacini, Carlotta Donelli, Giancarlo Comi, Daniela Galimberti, and Elio Scarpini, “Partial recovery after severe immune reconstitution inflammatory syndrome in a multiple sclerosis patient with progressive multifocal leukoencephalopathy,” Immunotherapy, vol. 6, no. 1, pp. 23–28, 2014.
- Hermann AM Mucke, “Patent Highlights,” Pharmaceutical Patent Analyst, vol. 3, no. 1, pp. 31–38, 2014.
- Jan Bauer, Ralf Gold, Ortwin Adams, and Hans Lassmann, “Progressive multifocal leukoencephalopathy and immune reconstitution inflammatory syndrome (IRIS),” Acta Neuropathologica, 2015.
- T Wittmann, N Horowitz, N Benyamini, I Henig, T Zuckerman, J M Rowe, Z Kra-Oz, M Szwarcwort Cohen, I Oren, and I Avivi, “JC polyomavirus reactivation is common following allogeneic stem cell transplantation and its preemptive detection may prevent lethal complications,” Bone Marrow Transplantation, 2015.
- Domenico Plantone, Rosaria Renna, Emilia Sbardella, and Tatiana Koudriavtseva, “Concurrence of Multiple Sclerosis and Brain Tumors,” Frontiers in Neurology, vol. 6, 2015.
- Valeria Pietropaolo, Anna Bellizzi, Elena Anzivino, Marco Iannetta, Maria Antonella Zingaropoli, Donatella Maria Rodio, Manuela Morreale, Simona Pontecorvo, Ada Francia, Vincenzo Vullo, Anna Teresa Palamara, and Maria Rosa Ciardi, “Human polyomavirus JC replication and non-coding control region analysis in multiple sclerosis patients under natalizumab treatment,” Journal Of Neurovirology, vol. 21, no. 6, pp. 653–665, 2015.
- Rebekka Kurmann, Christian Weisstanner, Piotr Kardas, Hans H. Hirsch, Roland Wiest, Bernhard Laemmle, Hansjakob Furrer, Renaud Du Pasquier, Claudio L. Bassetti, Mathias Sturzenegger, and Heinz Krestel, “Progressive multifocal leukoencephalopathy in common variable immunodeficiency: mitigated course under mirtazapine and mefloquine,” Journal Of Neurovirology, vol. 21, no. 6, pp. 694–701, 2015.
- Maurizio Miano, “How I manage Evans Syndrome and AIHA cases in children,” British Journal of Haematology, 2015.
- Raed Alroughani, Saeed Akhtar, Samar F. Ahmed, Samia Khoury, Jasem Y. Al-Hashel, Mohamadali Sahraian, Mohammed Al-Jumah, Maya Zeineddine, Sahar Farhat, Hassan Doumiati, and Bassem I. Yamout, “JC virus seroprevalence and seroconversion in multiple sclerosis cohort: A Middle-Eastern study,” Journal of the Neurological Sciences, 2015.
- Mauro Melis, Chiara Biagi, Lars Småbrekke, Francesco Nonino, Elena Buccellato, Monia Donati, Alberto Vaccheri, and Domenico Motola, “Drug-Induced Progressive Multifocal Leukoencephalopathy: A Comprehensive Analysis of the WHO Adverse Drug Reaction Database,” CNS Drugs, 2015.
- Mi Domínguez-Mozo, E Toledano-Martínez, L Rodríguez-Rodríguez, M García-Montojo, R Alvarez-Lafuente, and B Fernández-Gutiérrez, “JC virus reactivation in patients with autoimmune rheumatic diseases treated with rituximab,” Scandinavian Journal of Rheumatology, pp. 1–5, 2016.
- Patricia A. Pesavento, Terza Brostoff, Molly E. Church, Florante N. Dela Cruz, and Kevin D. Woolard, “Polyomavirus and Naturally Occuring Neuroglial Tumors in Raccoons (Procyon Lotor),” ILAR Journal, vol. 56, no. 3, pp. 297–305, 2016.
- Maude Loignon, and Emil Toma, “Treatment options for progressive multifocal leukoencephalopathy in HIV-infected persons: current status and future directions,” Expert Review of Anti-infective Therapy, pp. 1–15, 2016.
- Shameka L. Cody, and David E. Vance, “The Neurobiology of HIV and Its Impact on Cognitive Reserve: A Review of Cognitive Interventions for an Aging Population,” Neurobiology of Disease, 2016.