- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Annual Issues ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Articles in Press ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
Clinical and Developmental Immunology
Volume 2013 (2013), Article ID 839719, 17 pages
New Insights on Human Polyomavirus JC and Pathogenesis of Progressive Multifocal Leukoencephalopathy
1Department of Public Health and Infectious Diseases, “Sapienza” University of Rome, P.le Aldo Moro, 5-00185 Rome, Italy
2Department of Public Health and Infectious Diseases, Institute Pasteur, Cenci-Bolognetti Foundation, “Sapienza” University of Rome, P.le Aldo Moro, 5-00185 Rome, Italy
3San Raffaele Pisana Scientific Institute for Research, Hospitalization and Health Care, Via Val Cannuta, 247-00166 Rome, Italy
4Sbarro Institute for Cancer Research and Molecular Medicine, Center for Biotechnology, College of Science and Technology, Temple University, 1900 N. 12th Street, Philadelphia, PA 19122, USA
Received 7 January 2013; Accepted 6 March 2013
Academic Editor: Serena Delbue
Copyright © 2013 Anna Bellizzi et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
Citations to this Article [12 citations]
The following is the list of published articles that have cited the current article.
- Anna Bellizzi, Elena Anzivino, Donatella Maria Rodio, Sara Cioccolo, Rossana Scrivo, Manuela Morreale, Simona Pontecorvo, Federica Ferrari, Giovanni Di Nardo, Lucia Nencioni, Silvia Carluccio, Guido Valesini, Ada Francia, Salvatore Cucchiara, and Anna Teresa Palamara, “Human Polyomavirus JC monitoring and noncoding control region analysis in d ynamic cohorts of individuals affected by immune-mediated diseases under tr eatment with biologics: an observational study,” Virology Journal, vol. 10, 2013.
- Manola Comar, Nunzia Zanotta, Rossella Del Savio, Fulvia Vascotto, Nadia Calabrese, Francesca Zorat, and Gabriele Pozzato, “No evidence of Polyomavirus and EBV infections in Italian patients with mixed cryoglobulinemia infected chronically with HCV,” Journal of Medical Virology, vol. 86, no. 4, pp. 666–671, 2013.
- N. Carlson, and J.M. Hansen, “Fatal Progressive Multifocal Leukoencephalopathy in a Kidney Transplant Recipient 19 Years After Successful Renal Allograft Transplantation,” Transplantation Proceedings, 2014.
- Bilal El Waly, Magali Macchi, Myriam Cayre, and Pascale Durbec, “Oligodendrogenesis in the normal and pathological central nervous system,” Frontiers in Neuroscience, vol. 8, 2014.
- Leslie J. Marshall, Elizabeth L. Daley, Peter N. Jensen, Caroline F. Ryschkewitsch, and Eugene O. Major, “Lymphocyte Gene Expression and JC Virus Noncoding Control Region Sequences Are Linked with the Risk of Progressive Multifocal Leukoencephalopathy,” Journal of Virology, vol. 88, no. 9, pp. 5177–5183, 2014.
- Roland Nau, Sandra Ribes, Marija Djukic, and Helmut Eiffert, “Strategies to increase the activity of microglia as efficient protectors of the brain against infections,” Frontiers in Cellular Neuroscience, vol. 8, 2014.
- Donald C Vinh, “Cytokine immunomodulation for the treatment of infectious diseases: lessons from primary immunodeficiencies,” Expert Review of Clinical Immunology, pp. 1–32, 2014.
- Sujal Ghosh, Friedhelm R. Schuster, Ortwin Adams, Florian Babor, Arndt Borkhardt, Patrizia Comoli, Rupert Handgretinger, Peter Lang, Hans-Jürgen Laws, Meinolf Siepermann, and Roland Meisel, “Haploidentical stem cell transplantation in DOCK8 deficiency – successful control of pre-existing severe viremia with a TCRaß/CD19-depleted graft and antiviral treatment,” Clinical Immunology, 2014.
- Paul J. Phelan, Radha Kalekar, Jong Shin, Jacques Archambault, Andrew Bohm, and Peter A. Bullock, “Insights into the Initiation of JC Virus DNA Replication Derived from the C rystal Structure of the T-Antigen Origin Binding Domain,” Plos Pathogens, vol. 10, no. 2, 2014.
- Milena De Riz, Anna M. Pietroboni, Laura Ghezzi, Virginia Maltese, Andrea Arighi, Giorgio G. Fumagalli, Francesca Jacini, Carlotta Donelli, Giancarlo Comi, Daniela Galimberti, and Elio Scarpini, “Partial recovery after severe immune reconstitution inflammatory syndrome i n a multiple sclerosis patient with progressive multifocal leukoencephalopa thy,” Immunotherapy, vol. 6, no. 1, pp. 23–28, 2014.
- Maxim Bester, and Maria Petracca, “Neuroimaging of Multiple Sclerosis, Acute Disseminated Encephalomyelitis, a nd Other Demyelinating Diseases,” Seminars in Roentgenology, vol. 49, no. 1, pp. 76–85, 2014.
- Hermann AM Mucke, “Patent Highlights,” Pharmaceutical Patent Analyst, vol. 3, no. 1, pp. 31–38, 2014.