- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Advance Access ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Annual Issues ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Articles in Press ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
Clinical and Developmental Immunology
Volume 2013 (2013), Article ID 972705, 9 pages
Significance of Semiquantitative Assessment of Preformed Donor-Specific Antibody Using Luminex Single Bead Assay in Living Related Liver Transplantation
1Department of Surgery, Graduate School of Medicine, Kyoto University, Kyoto 606-8507, Japan
2Department of Surgery, Institute of Gastroenterology, Tokyo Women’s Medical University, 8-1 Kawada-cho, Shinjuku-ku, Tokyo 162-8666, Japan
3Department of Transfusion Medicine and Cell Therapy, Kyoto University Hospital, Kyoto 606-8507, Japan
4Department of Diagnostic Pathology, Kyoto University, Kyoto 606-8507, Japan
5Division of Clinical Trial Design and Management, Translational Research Center, Kyoto University Hospital, Kyoto 606-8507, Japan
Received 30 December 2012; Revised 19 March 2013; Accepted 24 April 2013
Academic Editor: Stanislav Vukmanovic
Copyright © 2013 Atsushi Yoshizawa et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- Y. Sugawara, S. Tamura, J. Kaneko, J. Togashi, M. Makuuchi, and N. Kokudo, “Positive lymphocytotoxic crossmatch does not adversely affect survival in living donor liver transplantation,” Digestive Surgery, vol. 26, no. 6, pp. 482–486, 2010.
- E. Ashihara, H. Tsuji, H. Sakashita et al., “Antidonor antibody in patients receiving ABO-identical and HLA-mismatched living donor liver transplants: effect on survival,” Transplantation, vol. 83, no. 4, pp. 506–509, 2007.
- T. Hori, S. Uemoto, Y. Takada et al., “Does a positive lymphocyte cross-match contraindicate living-donor liver transplantation?” Surgery, vol. 147, no. 6, pp. 840–844, 2010.
- S. Vaidya, D. Partlow, B. Susskind, M. Noor, T. Barnes, and K. Gugliuzza, “Prediction of crossmatch outcome of highly sensitized patients by single and/or multiple antigen bead luminex assay,” Transplantation, vol. 82, no. 11, pp. 1524–1528, 2006.
- A. I. Musat, R. M. Agni, P. Y. Wai et al., “The significance of donor-specific HLA antibodies in rejection and ductopenia development in ABO compatible liver transplantation,” The American Journal of Transplantation, vol. 11, no. 3, pp. 500–510, 2011.
- H. Egawa, S. Uemoto, Y. Takada et al., “Initial steroid bolus injection promotes vigorous CD8+ alloreactive responses toward early graft acceptance immediately after liver transplantation in humans,” Liver Transplantation, vol. 13, no. 9, pp. 1262–1271, 2007.
- A. J. Demetris, O. Adeyi, C. O. Bellamy, et al., “Liver biopsy interpretation for causes of late liver allograft dysfunction,” Hepatology, vol. 44, no. 2, pp. 489–501, 2006.
- H. Haga, H. Egawa, Y. Fujimoto et al., “Acute humoral rejection and C4d immunostaining in ABO blood type-incompatible liver transplantation,” Liver Transplantation, vol. 12, no. 3, pp. 457–464, 2006.
- H. Sakashita, H. Haga, E. Ashihara et al., “Significance of C4d staining in ABO-identical/compatible liver transplantation,” Modern Pathology, vol. 20, no. 6, pp. 676–684, 2007.
- W. D. Wallace, E. F. Reed, D. Ross, C. R. Lassman, and M. C. Fishbein, “C4d staining of pulmonary allograft biopsies: an immunoperoxidase study,” Journal of Heart and Lung Transplantation, vol. 24, no. 10, pp. 1565–1570, 2005.
- L. E. Creary, J. Girdlestone, J. Zamora, J. Brown, and C. V. Navarrete, “Molecular typing of HLA genes using whole genome amplified DNA,” Transfusion, vol. 49, no. 1, pp. 57–63, 2009.
- S. Takaya, O. Bronsther, Y. Iwaki et al., “The adverse impact on liver transplantation of using positive cytotoxic crossmatch donors,” Transplantation, vol. 53, no. 2, pp. 400–406, 1992.
- M. Castillo-Rama, M. J. Castro, I. Bernardo et al., “Preformed antibodies detected by cytotoxic assay or multibead array decrease liver allograft survival: role of human leukocyte antigen compatibility,” Liver Transplantation, vol. 14, no. 4, pp. 554–562, 2008.