- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Advance Access ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Annual Issues ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Articles in Press ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
Clinical and Developmental Immunology
Volume 2013 (2013), Article ID 982163, 8 pages
Immunological Aspects in Late Phase of Living Donor Liver Transplant Patients: Usefulness of Monitoring Peripheral Blood CD4+ Adenosine Triphosphate Activity
1Department of Hepatobiliary Pancreatic and Transplant Surgery, Mie University School of Medicine, 2-174 Edobashi, Tsu, Mie 514-0001, Japan
2Department of Pharmacy, Mie University School of Medicine, 2-174 Edobashi, Tsu, Mie 514-0001, Japan
3Department of Molecular and Laboratory Medicine, Mie University School of Medicine, 2-174 Edobashi, Tsu, Mie 514-0001, Japan
4Department of Gastroenterology and Hepatology, Mie University School of Medicine, 2-174 Edobashi, Tsu, Mie 514-0001, Japan
5Translational Medical Science, Mie University School of Medicine, 2-174 Edobashi, Tsu, Mie 514-0001, Japan
Received 21 February 2013; Revised 22 July 2013; Accepted 23 July 2013
Academic Editor: Qiquan Sun
Copyright © 2013 Shugo Mizuno et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- C. Brick, O. Atouf, N. Benseffaj, and M. Essakalli, “Rejection of kidney graft: mechanism and prevention,” Nephrologie et Therapeutique, vol. 7, no. 1, pp. 18–26, 2011.
- A. E. Grulich, M. T. van Leeuwen, M. O. Falster, and C. M. Vajdic, “Incidence of cancers in people with HIV/AIDS compared with immunosuppressed transplant recipients: a meta-analysis,” The Lancet, vol. 370, no. 9581, pp. 59–67, 2007.
- R. Shapiro, “End-stage renal disease in 2010: innovative approaches to improve outcomes in transplantation,” Nature Reviews Nephrology, vol. 7, no. 2, pp. 68–70, 2011.
- R. Venkataramanan, L. M. Shaw, L. Sarkozi et al., “Clinical utility of monitoring tacrolimus blood concentrations in liver transplant patients,” Journal of Clinical Pharmacology, vol. 41, no. 5, pp. 542–551, 2001.
- Kidney Disease: Improving Global Outcomes (KDIGO) Transplant Work Group, “KDIGO clinical practice guideline for the care of kidney transplant recipients,” American Journal of Transplantation, vol. 9, supplement 3, pp. S1–S155, 2009.
- R. Kowalski, D. Post, M. C. Schneider et al., “Immune cell function testing: an adjunct to therapeutic drug monitoring in transplant patient management,” Clinical Transplantation, vol. 17, no. 2, pp. 77–88, 2003.
- S. Mizuno, T. Hamada, K. Nakatani et al., “Monitoring peripheral blood CD4+ adenosine triphosphate activity after living donor liver transplantation: impact of combination assays of immune function and CYP3A5 genotype,” Journal of Hepato-Biliary-Pancreatic Sciences, vol. 18, no. 2, pp. 226–234, 2011.
- R. J. Kowalski, D. R. Post, R. B. Mannon et al., “Assessing relative risks of infection and rejection: a meta-analysis using an immune function assay,” Transplantation, vol. 82, no. 5, pp. 663–668, 2006.
- M. Israeli, A. Yussim, E. Mor, B. Sredni, and T. Klein, “Preceeding the rejection: in search for a comprehensive post-transplant immune monitoring platform,” Transplant Immunology, vol. 18, no. 1, pp. 7–12, 2007.
- D. Berglund, M. Bengtsson, A. Biglarnia et al., “Screening of mortality in transplant patients using an assay for immune function,” Transplant Immunology, vol. 24, no. 4, pp. 246–250, 2011.
- A. J. Demetris, K. P. Batts, A. P. Dhillon et al., “Banff schema for grading liver allograft rejection: an international consensus document,” Hepatology, vol. 25, no. 3, pp. 658–663, 1997.
- T. Shiraga, H. Matsuda, K. Nagase et al., “Metabolism of FK506, a potent immunosuppressive agent, by cytochrome P450 3A enzymes in rat, dog and human liver microsomes,” Biochemical Pharmacology, vol. 47, no. 4, pp. 727–735, 1994.
- J. Neuberger, “Liver transplantation,” Journal of Hepatology, vol. 32, no. 1, pp. 198–207, 2000.
- E. Rodrigo, M. López-Hoyos, M. Corral et al., “ImmuKnow as a diagnostic tool for predicting infection and acute rejection in adult liver transplant recipients: a systematic review and meta-analysis,” Liver Transplantation, vol. 18, no. 10, pp. 1245–1253, 2012.
- X. Ling, J. Xiong, W. Liang et al., “Can immune cell function assay identify patients at risk of infection or rejection? A meta-analysis,” Transplantation, vol. 93, no. 7, pp. 737–743, 2012.
- M. Berenguer, M. Prieto, J. Córdoba et al., “Early development of chronic active hepatitis in recurrent hepatitis C virus infection after liver transplantation: association with treatment of rejection,” Journal of Hepatology, vol. 28, no. 5, pp. 756–763, 1998.
- G. T. Everson, “Impact of immunosuppresive therapy on recurrence of hepatitis C,” Liver Transplantation, vol. 8, no. 10, pp. S19–S27, 2002.
- J. R. Lake, “The role of immunosuppression in recurrence of hepatitis C,” Liver Transplantation, vol. 9, no. 11, pp. S63–S66, 2003.
- U. P. Neumann, T. Berg, M. Bahra et al., “Fibrosis progression after liver transplantation in patients with recurrent hepatitis C,” Journal of Hepatology, vol. 41, no. 5, pp. 830–836, 2004.
- N. Yilmaz, M. L. Shiffman, R. T. Stravitz et al., “A prospective evaluation of fibrosis progression in patients with recurrent hepatitis C virus following liver transplantation,” Liver Transplantation, vol. 13, no. 7, pp. 975–983, 2007.
- M. Mendler, H. Kwok, E. Franco, P. Baron, J. Weissman, and O. Ojogho, “Monitoring peripheral blood CD4+ adenosine triphosphate activity in a liver transplant cohort: insight into the interplay between hepatitis C virus infection and cellular immunity,” Liver Transplantation, vol. 14, no. 9, pp. 1313–1322, 2008.
- K. Hashimoto, C. Miller, K. Hirose et al., “Measurement of CD4+ T-cell function in predicting allograft rejection and recurrent hepatitis C after liver transplantation,” Clinical Transplantation, vol. 24, no. 5, pp. 701–708, 2010.
- N. Alkhouri, I. A. Hanouneh, R. Lopez, and N. N. Zein, “Monitoring peripheral blood CD4+ adenosine triphosphate activity in recurrent hepatitis C and its correlation to fibrosis progression,” Liver Transplantation, vol. 16, no. 2, pp. 155–162, 2010.
- M. Fukudo, I. Yano, A. Yoshimura et al., “Impact of MDR1 and CYP3A5 on the oral clearance of tacrolimus and tacrolimus-related renal dysfunction in adult living-donor liver transplant patients,” Pharmacogenetics and Genomics, vol. 18, no. 5, pp. 413–423, 2008.