- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Advance Access ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Articles in Press ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
Journal of Metallurgy
Volume 2011 (2011), Article ID 563413, 14 pages
One-Dimensional Constitutive Model of Shape Memory Alloy with an Empirical Kinetics Equation
1State Key Laboratory of Hydroscience and Engineering, Tsinghua University, Beijing 100084, China
2China Three Gorges Corporation, Yichang, Hubei Province 443133, China
3Department of Transportation of Henan Province, Zhengzhou 450052, China
Received 8 November 2010; Accepted 11 January 2011
Academic Editor: D. H. Ping
Copyright © 2011 Lei Li et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- A. B. Greninger and V. G. Mooradian, “Strain transformation in metastable beta copper-zinc and beta copper-tin alloys,” Transactions of the Metallurgical Society of AIME, vol. 128, pp. 337–368, 1938.
- W. J. Buehler, J. V. Gilfrich, and R. C. Wiley, “Effect of low-temperature phase changes on the mechanical properties of alloys near composition TiNi,” Journal of Applied Physics, vol. 34, no. 5, pp. 1475–1477, 1963.
- L. Delaey, R. V. Krishnan, H. Tas, and H. Warlimont, “Thermoelasticity, pseudoelasticity and the memory effects associated with martensitic transformations—part 1: structural and microstructural changes associated with the transformations,” Journal of Materials Science, vol. 9, no. 9, pp. 1521–1535, 1974.
- R. V. Krishnan, L. Delaey, H. Tas, and H. Warlimont, “Thermoplasticity, pseudoelasticity and the memory effects associated with martensitic transformations—part 2: the macroscopic mechanical behaviour,” Journal of Materials Science, vol. 9, no. 9, pp. 1536–1544, 1974.
- H. Warlimont, L. Delaey, R. V. Krishnan, and H. Tas, “Thermoelasticity, pseudoelasticity and the memory effects associated with martensitic transformations—part 3: thermodynamics and kinetics,” Journal of Materials Science, vol. 9, no. 9, pp. 1545–1555, 1974.
- F. Hiroyasu, Shape Memory Alloys, Gordon and Breach, New York, NY, USA, 1987.
- K. Otsuka and C. M. Wayman, Shape Memory Materials, Cambridge University Press, Cambridge, UK, 1998.
- K. Tanaka and S. Nagaki, “A thermomechanical description of materials with internal variables in the process of phase transitions,” Ingenieur-Archiv, vol. 51, no. 5, pp. 287–299, 1982.
- K. Tanaka, “A thermomechanical sketch of shape memory effect: one-dimensional tensil behavior,” Res Mechanica, vol. 18, no. 3, pp. 251–263, 1986.
- L. Chen, Constitutive modeling of shape memory alloys, Ph.D. thesis, VPI, Blacksburg, Va, USA, 1990.
- L. C. Brinson, “One-dimensional constitutive behavior of shape memory alloys: thermomechanical derivation with non-constant material functions and redefined martensite internal variable,” Journal of Intelligent Material Systems and Structures, vol. 4, no. 2, pp. 229–242, 1993.
- J. Zhu, N. Liang, W. Huang, K. M. Liew, and Z. Liu, “A thermodynamic constitutive model for stress induced phase transformation in shape memory alloys,” International Journal of Solids and Structures, vol. 39, no. 3, pp. 741–763, 2002.
- Q. P. Sun and K. C. Hwang, “Micromechanics modelling for the constitutive behavior of polycrystalline shape memory alloys-I. Derivation of general relations,” Journal of the Mechanics and Physics of Solids, vol. 41, no. 1, pp. 1–17, 1993.
- Q. P. Sun and K. C. Hwang, “Micromechanics modelling for the constitutive behavior of polycrystalline shape memory alloys-II. Study of the individual phenomena,” Journal of the Mechanics and Physics of Solids, vol. 41, no. 1, pp. 19–33, 1993.
- M. Brocca, L. C. Brinson, and Z. P. Bažant, “Three-dimensional constitutive model for shape memory alloys based on microplane model,” Journal of the Mechanics and Physics of Solids, vol. 50, no. 5, pp. 1051–1077, 2002.