- About this Journal
- Abstracting and Indexing
- Aims and Scope
- Article Processing Charges
- Articles in Press
- Author Guidelines
- Bibliographic Information
- Citations to this Journal
- Contact Information
- Editorial Board
- Editorial Workflow
- Free eTOC Alerts
- Publication Ethics
- Reviewers Acknowledgment
- Submit a Manuscript
- Subscription Information
- Table of Contents
Journal of Metallurgy
Volume 2012 (2012), Article ID 176968, 6 pages
Validation of FeSiMg Alloy Production Model for the Experimental Process
Steel Technology Department, Central Metallurgical Research & Development Institute (CMRDI), Helwan 11421, Egypt
Received 24 August 2011; Accepted 14 November 2011
Academic Editor: Brij Kumar Dhindaw
Copyright © 2012 Saeed Ghali et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- C. Labrecque and M. Gagne, “Review ductile iron: fifty years of continuous development,” Canadian Metalurgical Quarterty, vol. 37, no. 5, pp. 343–378, 1998.
- O. Kubaschewski and E. L. Evans, Metallugical thermochemistry, Pergamon Press, London, UK, 1958.
- R. N. Misra, V. S. Sampath, and P. P. Bhatnagar, “Studies on silico-thermic reduction of dolomite for the production of magnesium,” Trans Indian Institute of Metals, vol. 17, pp. 145–154, 1961.
- R. N. Misra, V. S. Sampath, and P. P. Bhatnagar, Light Metal Industry in India, National Metallurgical Lab, Jamshedpur, India, 1961.
- 3761247,25 U.S., J. M. Avery, September,(1973).
- J. M. Toguri and L. M. Pidgeon, Canadian Journal of Chemistry, vol. 39, pp. 540–547, 1961.
- M. B. Hillert, B. Sundman, X. Wang, and T. Barry, “A reevaluation op the rankinite phase in the CaO-SiO2 system,” Calphad, vol. 15, no. 1, pp. 53–58, 1991.
- S. Kambayashi and S. E. Kato, “A thermodynamic study of (magnesium oxide + silicon dioxide) by mass spectrometry at 1973 K,” The Journal of Chemical Thermodynamics, vol. 16, no. 3, pp. 241–248, 1984.
- F.-Z. Ji, D. Sichen, and S. Seetharaman, “Viscosities of multicomponent silicate melts at high temperatures,” International Journal of Thermophysics, vol. 20, no. 1, pp. 309–323, 1999.
- H. C. Lin and W. R. Foster, “Stability Relations of Bredigite (5CaO· MgO· 3SiO2),” Journal of the American Ceramic Society, vol. 58, no. 1-2, p. 73, 1975.
- C. M. Schlaudt and D. M. Roy, “The Join Ca2SiO4-CaMgSiO4,” Journal of the American Ceramic Society, vol. 49, no. 8, pp. 430–432, 1966.
- S. N. Ghali, “A model for prediction of Mg content in FeSiMg alloy produced by reduction of magnesium oxide,” in Proceedings of the Minerals to Materials Conference (M2M '08), p. 32, Cairo, Egypt, December 2008.
- H. El-Faramawy, M. Eissa, T. Mattar, A. Fathy, and S. Ghali, “Ferrosilicon magnesium production,” Scandinavian Journal of Metallurgy, vol. 32, no. 1, pp. 37–46, 2003.
- A. Vogel, A Textbook of Quantitative Inorganic Analysis Including Elemelllary Instrumental Analysis, Woolwich Polytechnic, London, UK, 1992.
- L. M. Pidgeon, Transactions of the Metallurgical Society of AIME, vol. 227, pp. 821–834, 1963.
- K. Tomasek, I. Imris, and O. Seseiec, “Magnesium production possibilities from slovak dolomite and magnesite raw materials and wastes,” in Proceedings of the Light Metals Conference, pp. 213–220, Montreal, QC, Canada, 1996.
- B. Ellingstaeter and T. Rosenqvist, Journal of Metals, vol. 6, p. 111, 1956.
- L. M. Pidgeon and J. A. King, “The vapour pressure of magnesium in the thermal reduction of MgO by ferrosilicon,” Discussions of the Faraday Society, vol. 4, pp. 197–206, 1948.
- J. R. Wynnyckyj and L. M. Pidgeon, “Equilibria in the silicothermic reduction of calcined dolomite,” Metallurgical Transactions, vol. 2, no. 4, pp. 979–986, 1971.
- I. M. Morsi, K. A. El Barawy, M. B. Morsi, and S. R. Abdel-Gawad, “Silicothermic reduction of dolomite ore under inert atmosphere,” Canadian Metallurgical Quarterly, vol. 41, no. 1, pp. 15–28, 2002.
- K. C. Mills and B. J. Keene, “Physicochemical properties of molten CaF2 -based slags,” International metals reviews, vol. 26, no. 1, pp. 21–69, 1981.
- R. B. Winkler, Vacuum Metallurgy, Elsevier, London, UK, 1971.
- W. T. Hughes, C. E. Ransky, and E. F. Emley, “Reaction kinetics in the production of magnesium by Dolomite-fer-rosilicon (Pidgeon) process,” in Proceedings of the Advanced Extreme Metropolitan Proceedings, Symposium, pp. 429–454, London, UK, 1968.
- E. A. H. Berg, Huttemmann Monatsh, vol. 106, p. 397, 1959.
- R. N. Singh, Steel India, no. 7, p. 73, 1984.
- V. N. Potamin, S. V. Shavrim, and M.Z. Panfilov, Russ Metall, p. 63, 1976.
- C. W. Dannatt and H. J. T. Ellingham, “II. Roasting and reduction processes: Roasting and reduction processes—a general survey,” Discussions of the Faraday Society, vol. 4, pp. 126–139, 1948.
- J. S. Machin and T. B. Yee, “Viscosity Studies of System CaO-MgO-Al2O3-SiO3: IV, 60 and 65% SiO2,” Journal of the American Ceramic Society, vol. 37, no. 4, pp. 177–186, 1954.