- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Advance Access ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Articles in Press ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
Journal of Metallurgy
Volume 2012 (2012), Article ID 385963, 6 pages
Cathodic Cage Plasma Nitriding: An Innovative Technique
1Grupo de Pesquisa em Materiais e Metrologia, Departamento de Mecânica, Instituto Federal IF-PI, 64000040 Teresina, PI, Brazil
2Departamento de Ciências Exatas e Naturais, Universidade Federal Rural do Semi-Árido, 59625900 Mossoró, RN, Brazil
3Departamento de Física, UERN, Campus Central, 59610210 Mossoró, RN, Brazil
4LabPlasma, Departamento de Física, UFRN, Campus Universitário, 59072970 Natal, RN, Brazil
Received 4 August 2011; Revised 3 November 2011; Accepted 6 December 2011
Academic Editor: Thierry Grosdidier
Copyright © 2012 R. R. M. de Sousa et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- C. Alves Jr., Plasma Nitriding: Foundations and Applications, EDFRN, Natal, South Africa, 2001.
- C. X. Li, T. Bell, and H. Dong, “A study of active screen plasma nitriding,” Surface Engineering, vol. 18, no. 3, pp. 174–181, 2002.
- J. Georges, “TC plasma nitriding,” Heat Treatment of Metals, vol. 28, no. 2, pp. 33–37, 2001.
- R. S. Sousa, Influence of the geometry of pieces and process parameters in layers nitrided by plasma, Doctor thesis, UFRN, Natal, South Africa, 2005.
- C. Alves Jr., F. O. de Araújo, K. J. B. Ribeiro, J. A. P. da Costa, R. R. M. Sousa, and R. S. de Sousa, “Use of cathodic cage in plasma nitriding,” Surface and Coatings Technology, vol. 201, no. 6, pp. 2450–2454, 2006.
- C. X. Li and T. Bell, “Corrosion properties of active screen plasma nitrided 316 austenitic stainless steel,” Corrosion Science, vol. 46, no. 6, pp. 1527–1547, 2004.
- Y. Sun, X. Y. Li, and T. Bell, “X-ray diffraction characterisation of low temperature plasma nitrided austenitic stainless steels,” Journal of Materials Science, vol. 34, no. 19, pp. 4793–4802, 1999.
- R. R. M. de Sousa, F. O. de Araújo, K. J. B. Ribeiro, M. W. D. Mendes, J. A. P. da Costa, and C. Alves Jr., “Cathodic cage nitriding of samples with different dimensions,” Materials Science and Engineering A, vol. 465, no. 1-2, pp. 223–227, 2007.
- R. R. M. de Sousa, F. O. de Araújo, K. J. B. Ribeiro, J. A. P. da Costa, R. S. de Sousa, and C. Alves Jr., “Uniformity of temperature in cathodic cage technique in nitriding of austenitic stainless steel AISI 316,” Surface Engineering, vol. 24, no. 4, pp. 313–318, 2008.