- About this Journal
- Abstracting and Indexing
- Aims and Scope
- Article Processing Charges
- Articles in Press
- Author Guidelines
- Bibliographic Information
- Citations to this Journal
- Contact Information
- Editorial Board
- Editorial Workflow
- Free eTOC Alerts
- Publication Ethics
- Reviewers Acknowledgment
- Submit a Manuscript
- Subscription Information
- Table of Contents
Journal of Metallurgy
Volume 2012 (2012), Article ID 674573, 5 pages
Investigations on the Plastic Instability in an HCP Mg-Li Alloy
1Environmental Corrosion Center, Institute of Metal Research, Chinese Academy of Sciences, Shenyang 110016, China
2Shenyang National Laboratory for Materials Science, Institute of Metal Research, Chinese Academy of Sciences, Shenyang 110016, China
Received 24 August 2011; Accepted 30 October 2011
Academic Editor: Michael E. Kassner
Copyright © 2012 C. Wang et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- M. Chaturvedi, D. J. Lloyd, and K. Tangri, “Serrated yielding in magnesium-10 wt.-% Silver alloy,” Metal Science, vol. 6, no. 1, pp. 16–19, 1972.
- X. Y. Fang, D. Q. Yi, and J. F. Nie, “The serrated flow behavior of Mg-Gd(-Mn-Sc) alloys,” Metallurgical and Materials Transactions A, vol. 40, no. 11, pp. 2761–2771, 2009.
- S. M. Zhu and J. F. Nie, “Serrated flow and tensile properties of a Mg-Y-Nd alloy,” Scripta Materialia, vol. 50, no. 1, pp. 51–55, 2004.
- V. Gartnerova, Z. Trojanova, A. Jager, and P. Palcek, “Deformation behaviour of Mg-0.7 wt.% Nd alloy,” Journal of Alloys and Compounds, vol. 378, no. 1-2, pp. 180–183, 2004.
- C. H. Cáceres, C. J. Davidson, J. R. Griffiths, and C. L. Newton, “Effects of solidification rate and ageing on the microstructure and mechanical properties of AZ91 alloy,” Materials Science and Engineering A, vol. 325, no. 1-2, pp. 344–355, 2002.
- C. Corby, C. H. Cáceres, and P. Lukáč, “Serrated flow in magnesium alloy AZ91,” Materials Science and Engineering A, vol. 387–389, no. 1-2, pp. 22–24, 2004.
- A. H. Cottrell, “A note on the Portevin-Le Chatelier effect,” Philosophical Magazine, vol. 44, no. 355, pp. 829–832, 1953.
- P. G. McCormigk, “A model for the Portevin-Le Chatelier effect in substitutional alloys,” Acta Metallurgica, vol. 20, no. 3, pp. 351–354, 1972.
- A. van den Beukel, “Theory of the effect of dynamic strain aging on mechanical properties,” Physica Status Solidi A, vol. 30, no. 1, pp. 197–206, 1975.
- A. W. Sleeswyk, “Slow strain-hardening of ingot iron,” Acta Metallurgica, vol. 6, no. 9, pp. 598–603, 1958.
- R. A. Mulford and U. F. Kocks, “New observations on the mechanisms of dynamic strain aging and of jerky flow,” Acta Metallurgica, vol. 27, no. 7, pp. 1125–1134, 1979.
- A. Van Den Beukel, “On the mechanism of serrated yielding and dynamic strain ageing,” Acta Metallurgica, vol. 28, no. 7, pp. 965–969, 1980.
- P. Penning, “Mathematics of the portevin-le chatelier effect,” Acta Metallurgica, vol. 20, no. 10, pp. 1169–1175, 1972.
- J. M. Robinson and M. P. Shaw, “Microstructural and mechanical influences on dynamic strain aging phenomena,” International Materials Reviews, vol. 39, pp. 113–122, 1994.
- R. C. Picu, “A mechanism for the negative strain-rate sensitivity of dilute solid solutions,” Acta Materialia, vol. 52, no. 12, pp. 3447–3458, 2004.
- F. Chmelík, A. Ziegenbein, H. Neuhäuser, and P. Lukáč, “Investigating the Portevin-Le Chaǎtelier effect by the acoustic emission and laser extensometry techniques,” Materials Science and Engineering A, vol. 324, no. 1-2, pp. 200–207, 2002.
- R. Shabadi, S. Kumar, H. J. Roven, and E. S. Dwarakadasa, “Characterisation of PLC band parameters using laser speckle technique,” Materials Science and Engineering A, vol. 364, no. 1-2, pp. 140–150, 2004.
- Q. Zhang, Z. Jiang, H. Jiang, Z. Chen, and X. Wu, “On the propagation and pulsation of Portevin-Le Chatelier deformation bands: an experimental study with digital speckle pattern metrology,” International Journal of Plasticity, vol. 21, no. 11, pp. 2150–2173, 2005.
- M. Dablij and A. Zeghloul, “Portevin-Le Chatelier plastic instabilities: characteristics of deformation bands,” Materials Science and Engineering A, vol. 237, no. 1, pp. 1–5, 1997.
- M. Lebyodkin, Y. Brechet, Y. Estrin, and L. Kubin, “Statistical behaviour and strain localization patterns in the Portevin-Le Chatelier effect,” Acta Materialia, vol. 44, no. 11, pp. 4531–4541, 1996.
- G. Ananthakrishna, “Spatio-temporal features of the Portevin-Le Chatelier effect,” Materials Science and Engineering A, vol. 400-401, no. 1-2, pp. 210–213, 2005.
- M. Lebyodkin, L. Dunin-Barkovskii, Y. Bréchet, L. Kubin, and Y. Estrin, “Kinetics and statistics of jerky flow: experiments and computer simulations,” Materials Science and Engineering A, vol. 234–236, pp. 115–118, 1997.
- C. P. Ling and P. G. McCormick, “The effect of temperature on strain rate sensitivity in an AlMgSi alloy,” Acta Metallurgica Et Materialia, vol. 41, no. 11, pp. 3127–3131, 1993.
- S. Kumar, “Inverse behaviour of the onset strain of serrated flow,” Scripta Metallurgica et Materiala, vol. 33, no. 1, pp. 81–86, 1995.
- M. Abbadi, P. Hähner, and A. Zeghloul, “On the characteristics of Portevin-Le Chatelier bands in aluminum alloy 5182 under stress-controlled and strain-controlled tensile testing,” Materials Science and Engineering A, vol. 337, no. 1-2, pp. 194–201, 2002.
- I. S. Kim and M. C. Chaturvedi, “Serrated flow in Al-5 wt.% Mg alloy,” Materials Science and Engineering, vol. 37, no. 2, pp. 165–172, 1979.
- D. W. Levinson and D. J. McPherson, “Phase relations in magnesium-lithium-aluminum alloys,” Transactions of the American Society for Metals, vol. 48, pp. 689–705, 1956.
- C. Wang, Y. Xu, and E. Han, “PLC effect and its explanation of LA41 magnesium alloys,” Acta Metallurgica Sinica, vol. 42, no. 2, pp. 191–194, 2006.
- W. Gasior and Z. Moser, “Chemical diffusion coefficients in solid al-rich aluminium-magnesium alloys,” Archives of Metallurgy, vol. 46, no. 4, pp. 455–463, 2001.
- W. Gasior and Z. Moser, Archives of Metallurgy, vol. 46, p. 269, 2001.