- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Recently Accepted Articles ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
Journal of Metallurgy
Volume 2012 (2012), Article ID 921235, 7 pages
Mechanical Response of Al-1.09Mg2Si Alloy under Varying Mould and Thermal Ageing Conditions
Department of Metallurgical and Materials Engineering, Faculty of Engineering, University of Lagos, Lagos 101017, Nigeria
Received 23 August 2012; Revised 12 November 2012; Accepted 16 November 2012
Academic Editor: Gerhard Sauthoff
Copyright © 2012 O. I. Sekunowo et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- R. A. Siddiqui, H. A. Abdullah, and K. R. Al-Belushi, “Influence of aging parameters on the mechanical properties of 6063 aluminium alloy,” Journal of Materials Processing Technology, vol. 102, no. 1, pp. 234–240, 2000.
- J. Keist, “The development of a fluidized bed process for the heat treatment of aluminum alloys,” Journal of Materials, vol. 57, no. 4, pp. 34–39, 2005.
- R. A. Siddiqui, S. A. Abdul-Wahab, and T. Pervez, “Effect of aging time and aging temperature on fatigue and fracture behavior of 6063 aluminum alloy under seawater influence,” Materials and Design, vol. 29, no. 1, pp. 70–79, 2008.
- W. Callister, Materials Science and Engineering: An Introduction, John Wiley and Sons, Clementi Loop, Singapore, 6th edition, 2006.
- R. N. Lumley, I. J. Polmear, and A. J. Morton, “Control of secondary precipitation to improve the performance of aluminium alloys,” Materials Science Forum, vol. 396–402, no. 2, pp. 893–898, 2002.
- R. Q. Gao, K. Stiller, V. Hansen, A. Oskarsson, and F. Danoix, “Influence of aging conditions on the microstructure and tensile strength of aluminium alloy 6063,” Materials Science Forum, vol. 396–402, no. 2, pp. 1211–1216, 2002.
- G. Al-Marahleh, “Effect of heat treatment on the distribution and volume fraction of Mg2Si in structural aluminum alloy 6063,” Metal Science and Heat Treatment, vol. 48, no. 5-6, pp. 205–209, 2006.
- M. Cai, D. P. Field, and G. W. Lorimer, “A systematic comparison of static and dynamic ageing of two Al-Mg-Si alloys,” Materials Science and Engineering A, vol. 373, no. 1-2, pp. 65–71, 2004.
- C. S. Tsao, C. Y. Chen, U. S. Jeng, and T. Y. Kuo, “Precipitation kinetics and transformation of metastable phases in Al-Mg-Si alloys,” Acta Materialia, vol. 54, no. 17, pp. 4621–4631, 2006.
- G. Sha, K. O'Reilly, B. Cantor, J. Worth, and R. Hamerton, “Growth related metastable phase selection in a 6xxx series wrought Al alloy,” Materials Science and Engineering A, vol. 304-306, no. 1-2, pp. 612–616, 2001.
- A. K. Gupta, D. J. Lloyd, and S. A. Court, “Precipitation hardening in Al-Mg-Si alloys with and without excess Si,” Materials Science and Engineering A, vol. 316, no. 1-2, pp. 11–17, 2001.
- T. Nahoto, C. Fumyochi, S. Tomohisa, and F. Kouichiro, “Precipitation behavior of Al-Mg-Si tenary alloys,” Materials Science Forum, vol. 217–222, pp. 815–820, 1996.
- A. Chennakesava and E. Zitoun, “Tensile behaviour of 6063/Al2O3 particulate metal matrix composite fabricated by investment casting process,” International Journal of Applied Engineering Research, vol. 1, no. 3, pp. 542–552, 2010.
- L. Karthikeyan and V. S. Senthil Kumar, “Relationship between process parameters and mechanical properties of friction stir processed AA6063-T6 aluminum alloy,” Materials and Design, vol. 32, no. 5, pp. 3085–3091, 2011.