- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Articles in Press ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
Journal of Metallurgy
Volume 2013 (2013), Article ID 629341, 6 pages
Preparation of Niobium Metal Powder by Two-Stage Magnesium Vapor Reduction of Niobium Pentoxide
1Refractory Metals Division, Centre for Materials for Electronics Technology (C-MET), IDA Phase-III, HCL (PO), Cherlapally, Hyderabad 500051, India
2Department of Physics, Osmania University, Hyderabad 500007, India
Received 19 November 2012; Revised 5 June 2013; Accepted 21 June 2013
Academic Editor: Herbert Ipser
Copyright © 2013 T. Satish Kumar et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- G. Aggarwal, S. J. Park, and I. Smid, “Development of niobium powder injection molding: part I. Feedstock and injection molding,” International Journal of Refractory Metals and Hard Materials, vol. 24, no. 3, pp. 253–262, 2006.
- G. R. Kamat and C. K. Gupta, “Open aluminothermic reduction of columbium (Nb) pentoxide and purification of the reduced metal,” Metallurgical Transactions, vol. 2, no. 10, pp. 2817–2823, 1971.
- T. K. Mukaharjee, G. R. Kamat, and C. K. Guptha, “Preparation of columbium metal by calcium hydride reduction of columbium pentoxides,” Journal of Metals, vol. 22, no. 2, pp. 50–53, 1970.
- C. K. Guptha and P. K. Jena, “calciothermic reduction of niobium (columbium) Pentoxide,” Transactions of Metallurgical Society of AIME, vol. 230, pp. 1433–1438, 1964.
- J. C. Sehra, D. K. Bose, and P. K. Jena, “Preparation of niobium and tantalum powders by calciothermic reduction of their pentoxides,” Transactions of the Indian Institute of Metals, vol. 21, no. 3, p. 450, 1968.
- P. V. Gel’D and G. P. Shveikin, “The kinetics of vacuum reduction of niobium Pentoxide by carbon in the uses of vacuum in metallurgy,” Zeitschrift für Metallkunde, vol. 55, p. 432, 1964.
- A. Awasthi, Y. J. Bhatt, N. Krishnamurthy, Y. Ueda, and S. P. Garg, “Reduction of niobium and tantalum pentoxides by silicon in vacuum,” Journal of Alloys and Compounds, vol. 315, no. 1-2, pp. 187–192, 2001.
- K. C. G. Candioto and C. A. Nunes, “Nb-20%Ta alloy powder by the hydriding—dehydriding technique,” International Journal of Refractory Metals and Hard Materials, vol. 24, no. 6, pp. 413–417, 2006.
- T. H. Okabe, I. Park, K. T. Jacob, and Y. Waseda, “Production of niobium powder by electronically mediated reaction (EMR) using calcium as a reductant,” Journal of Alloys and Compounds, vol. 288, no. 1-2, pp. 200–210, 1999.
- Y. Purushotham, T. Balaji, A. Kumar, and T. L. Prakash, “A metallothermic route for producing capacitor grade tantalum powder,” Transactions of the Indian Institute of Metals, vol. 55, no. 6, pp. 525–529, 2002.
- J.-S. Yoon, “The fabrication of niobium powder by sodiothermic reduction process,” International Journal of Refractory Metals and Hard Materials, vol. 28, no. 2, pp. 265–269, 2010.
- S. Luidold, H. Antrekowitsch, and R. Ressel, “Production of niobium powder by magnesiothermic reduction of niobium oxides in a cyclone reactor,” International Journal of Refractory Metals and Hard Materials, vol. 25, no. 5-6, pp. 423–432, 2007.
- T. H. Okabe, S. Iwata, M. Imagunbai, and M. Maeda, “Production of niobium powder by magnesiothermic reduction of feed preform,” ISIJ International, vol. 43, no. 12, pp. 1882–1889, 2003.
- I. Park, T. H. Okabe, Y. Waseda, H. S. Yu, and O. Y. Lee, “Semi-continuous production of niobium powder by magnesiothermic reduction of Nb2O5,” Materials Transactions, vol. 42, no. 5, pp. 850–855, 2001.
- A. K. Suri and P. K. Jana, Extractive Metallurgy of Niobium, CRC, 1994.
- Y. Lee, H. D. Jang, and K. Y. Park, “solvent extraction of tantalum and niobium using mixer settler,” Journal of Korean Institute of Chemical Engineers, vol. 29, no. 6, pp. 736–774, 1991.
- Y. Waseda and M. Isshiki, Purification Process and Characterization of Ultra High Purity Metals, Springer, New York, NY, USA, 2002.