- About this Journal
- Abstracting and Indexing
- Aims and Scope
- Article Processing Charges
- Articles in Press
- Author Guidelines
- Bibliographic Information
- Citations to this Journal
- Contact Information
- Editorial Board
- Editorial Workflow
- Free eTOC Alerts
- Publication Ethics
- Reviewers Acknowledgment
- Submit a Manuscript
- Subscription Information
- Table of Contents
Journal of Materials
Volume 2013 (2013), Article ID 413578, 6 pages
PVA/Polysaccharides Blended Films: Mechanical Properties
Laboratório de Química de Proteínas, Departamento de Bioquímica e Biologia Molecular, ICB 2, Universidade Federal de Goiás,
Caxia Postal 131, 74001-970 Goiânia, GO, Brazil
Received 30 November 2012; Revised 1 March 2013; Accepted 8 March 2013
Academic Editor: Peter Chang
Copyright © 2013 Fábio E. F. Silva et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- K. G. Satyanarayana, G. G. C. Arizaga, and F. Wypych, “Biodegradable composites based on lignocellulosic fibers—an overview,” Progress in Polymer Science, vol. 34, no. 9, pp. 982–1021, 2009.
- K. Y. Lee and D. J. Mooney, “Alginate: properties abd biomedical applications,” Progress in Polymer Science, vol. 37, pp. 106–126, 2012.
- E. Khor, H. Wu, L. Y. Lim, and C. M. Guo, “Chitin-methacrylate: preparation, characterization and hydrogel formation,” Materials, vol. 4, pp. 1728–1746, 2011.
- S. Tripathi, G. K. Mehrotra, and P. K. Dutta, “Physicochemical and bioactivity of cross-linked chitosan-PVA film for food packaging applications,” International Journal of Biological Macromolecules, vol. 45, no. 4, pp. 372–376, 2009.
- E. S. Costa-Júnior, E. F. Barbosa-Stancioli, A. A. P. Mansur, W. L. Vasconcelos, and H. S. Mansur, “Preparation and characterization of chitosan/poly(vinyl alcohol) chemically crosslinked blends for biomedical applications,” Carbohydrate Polymers, vol. 76, no. 3, pp. 472–481, 2009.
- I. S. Fahim, S. M. Elhaggar, and H. Elayat, “Experimental investigation of natural fiber reinforced polymers,” Materials Sciences and Applications, vol. 3, pp. 59–66, 2012.
- M. A. Oliveira, D. A. Silva, D. E. A. Uchoa et al., “Synthesis and characterization of carboxymethylated red angico (Anadenanthera macrocarpa) exudate polysaccharide,” Journal of Applied Polymer Science, vol. 103, no. 5, pp. 2985–2991, 2007.
- R. C. M. De Paula, P. M. Budd, and J. F. Rodrigues, “Characterization of Anadenanthera macrocarpa exudate polysaccharide,” Polymer International, vol. 44, no. 1, pp. 55–60, 1997.
- T. M. Silva, P. O. Santiago, L. L. A. Purcena, and K. F. Fernandes, “Study of the cashew gum polysaccharide for the horseradish peroxidase immobilization—structural characteristics, stability and recovery,” Materials Science and Engineering C, vol. 30, no. 4, pp. 526–530, 2010.
- J. S. Maciel, D. A. Silva, H. C. B. Paula, and R. C. M. De Paula, “Chitosan/carboxymethyl cashew gum polyelectrolyte complex: synthesis and thermal stability,” European Polymer Journal, vol. 41, no. 11, pp. 2726–2733, 2005.
- D. M. W. Anderson and P. C. Bell, “Structural analysis of the gum polysaccharide from anacardium occidentale,” Analytica Chimica Acta, vol. 79, no. C, pp. 185–197, 1975.
- ASTM, “Designation: D638M-93, standard test method for tensile properties of thin plastic sheeting,” in Annual Book of ASTM Standards, ASTM, Philadelphia, Pa, USA, 1995.
- D. F. Stamatialis, B. J. Papenburg, M. Gironés et al., “Medical applications of membranes: drug delivery, artificial organs and tissue engineering,” Journal of Membrane Science, vol. 308, no. 1-2, pp. 1–34, 2008.
- Y. U. Nabar, D. Draybuck, and R. Narayan, “Physicomechanical and hydrophobic properties of starch foams extruded with different biodegradable polymers,” Journal of Applied Polymer Science, vol. 102, no. 1, pp. 58–68, 2006.
- S. Bose and M. Biswas, “The structure of the gum of Anacardium occidentale,” Acta Horticulturae, vol. 108, pp. 207–217, 1985.
- F. Yamashita, A. Nakagawa, G. F. Veiga, S. Mali, and M. V. E. Grossmann, “Biodegradable active packaging for minimally processed fruits and vegetables,” Brazilian Journal of Food Technology, vol. 8, pp. 335–343, 2005.