- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Articles in Press ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
Journal of Materials
Volume 2013 (2013), Article ID 683268, 5 pages
Synthesis of Hydroxyapatite Nanoparticles in Presence of a Linear Polysaccharide
1Facultad de Odontología, U.A.CH., Ciudad Universitaria Campus I, 31000 Chihuahua, CHIH, Mexico
2Facultad de Ingeniería, U.A.CH., Circuito No. 1, Campus Universitario 2, 31125 Chihuahua, CHIH, Mexico
3Instituto de Ingeniería y Tecnología, U.A.C.J., Avenida del Charro No. 610 Norte, Ciudad Juárez, CHIH, Mexico
Received 17 December 2012; Revised 31 March 2013; Accepted 4 April 2013
Academic Editor: Guoping Chen
Copyright © 2013 Humberto A. Monreal Romero et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- L. L. Hench, “Bioceramics: from concept to clinic,” Journal of the American Ceramic Society, vol. 74, no. 7, pp. 1487–1510, 1991.
- R. Kumar, K. Prakash, P. Cheang, and K. Khor:, “Temperature driven morphological changes of chemically precipitated hydroxyapatite nanoparticles,” Langmuir, vol. 20, no. 13, pp. 5196–5200, 2004.
- S. Sadasivan, D. Khushalani, and S. Mann:, “Synthesis of calcium phosphate nanofilaments in reverse micelles,” Chemistry of Materials, vol. 17, no. 10, pp. 2765–2770, 2005.
- P. L. Brannon and J. O. Blanchette, “Nanoparticle and targeted systems for cancer therapy,” Advanced Drug Delivery Reviews, vol. 56, no. 11, pp. 1649–1659, 2004.
- V. Wagner, A. Dullaart, A. K. Bock, and A. Zweck, “The emerging nanomedicine landscape,” Nature Biotechnology, vol. 24, no. 10, pp. 1211–1217, 2006.
- C. Jiyong, J. G. Wolke, and C. K. Groot, “Microstructure and crystallinity in hydroxyapatite coatings,” Biomaterials, vol. 15, no. 5, pp. 396–399, 1994.
- D. M. Liu, H. M. Chou, and J. D. Wu, “Plasma-sprayed hydroxyapatite coating: effect of different calcium phosphate ceramics,” Journal of Materials Science, vol. 5, no. 3, pp. 147–153, 1994.
- A. Siddharthan, S. K. Seshadri, and T. S. Sampath Kumar, “Rapid synthesis of calcium deficient hydroxyapatite nanoparticles by microwave irradiation,” Trends in Biomaterials and Artificial Organs, vol. 18, no. 2, pp. 110–113, 2005.
- Y. Sun, G. Guo, D. Tao, and Z. Wang, “Reverse microemulsion-directed synthesis of hydroxyapatite nanoparticles under hydrothermal conditions,” Journal of Physics and Chemistry of Solids, vol. 68, no. 3, pp. 373–377, 2007.
- Y. Liu, J. Rong, A. Zhou et al., “Study on high precision and super-slow speed feeding table for micro-EDM machining,” Key Engineering Materials, vol. 339, pp. 332–336, 2007.
- G. D. Prestwich, D. M. Marecak, J. F. Marecek, K. P. Vercruysse, and M. R. Ziebell, “Controlled chemical modification of hyaluronic acid: synthesis, applications, and biodegradation of hydrazide derivatives,” Journal of Controlled Release, vol. 53, no. 1–3, pp. 93–103, 1998.
- A. Sinha and G. Avijit, “Biomimetic patterning of polymer hydrogels with hydroxyapatite nanoparticles,” Materials Science and Engineering C, vol. 29, no. 4, pp. 1330–1333, 2009.
- S. B. Tiwari and M. M. Amiji, “Improved oral delivery of paclitaxel following administration in nanoemulsion formulations,” Journal of Nanoscience and Nanotechnology, vol. 6, no. 9-10, pp. 3215–3221, 2006.
- W. Weng and J. L. Baptista, “Sol-gel derived porous hydroxyapatite coatings,” Journal of Materials Science, vol. 9, no. 3, pp. 159–163, 1998.
- X. Lu and Y. Leng, “Theoretical analysis of calcium phosphate precipitation in simulated body fluid,” Biomaterials, vol. 26, no. 10, pp. 1097–1108, 2005.
- S. Ohara, K. Sato, Z. Tan, H. Shimoda, M. Ueda, and T. Fukui, “Novel mechanochemical synthesis of fine FeTiO3 nanoparticles by a high-speed ball-milling process,” Journal of Alloys and Compounds, vol. 504, no. 1, pp. L17–L19, 2010.
- M. Yue, Y. P. Wang, N. Poudyal, C. B. Rong, and J. P. Liu, “Preparation of Nd-Fe-B nanoparticles by surfactant-assisted ball milling technique,” Journal of Applied Physics, vol. 105, no. 7, Article ID 07A708, 2009.