- About this Journal
- Abstracting and Indexing
- Aims and Scope
- Article Processing Charges
- Articles in Press
- Author Guidelines
- Bibliographic Information
- Citations to this Journal
- Contact Information
- Editorial Board
- Editorial Workflow
- Free eTOC Alerts
- Publication Ethics
- Reviewers Acknowledgment
- Submit a Manuscript
- Subscription Information
- Table of Contents
Journal of Materials
Volume 2013 (2013), Article ID 690237, 5 pages
Investigations of Different Phases Responsible for Changes in Optical Properties of Organic Semiconducting Device Material Thin Films
1Department of Applied Physics, School of Vocational Studies and Applied Sciences, Gautam Buddha University, Greater Noida, Gautam Budh Nagar 201312, India
2Department of Applied Chemistry, School of Vocational Studies and Applied Sciences, Gautam Buddha University, Greater Noida, Gautam Budh Nagar 201312, India
Received 22 November 2012; Revised 6 February 2013; Accepted 12 February 2013
Academic Editor: Sung-Hoon Kim
Copyright © 2013 Vivek Kumar Shukla and Jaya Maitra. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- A. Kimyonok, X. Y. Wang, and M. Weck, “Electroluminescent poly(quinoline)s and metalloquinolates,” Polymer Reviews, vol. 46, no. 1, pp. 47–77, 2006.
- L. S. Sapochak, F. E. Benincasa, R. S. Schofield et al., “Electroluminescent zinc(II) bis(8-hydroxyquinoline): structural effects on electronic states and device performance,” Journal of the American Chemical Society, vol. 124, no. 21, pp. 6119–6125, 2002.
- N. Du, Q. Mei, and M. Lu, “Quinolinate aluminum and zinc complexes with multi-methyl methacrylate end groups: synthesis, photoluminescence, and electroluminescence characterization,” Synthetic Metals, vol. 149, no. 2-3, pp. 193–197, 2005.
- G. Giro, M. Cocchi, P. Di Marco et al., “Role played by cell configuration and layer preparation in LEDs based on hydroxyquinoline metal complexes and a triphenyl-diamine derivative (TPD),” Synthetic Metals, vol. 102, no. 1–3, pp. 1018–1019, 1999.
- Y. Hamada, T. Sano, M. Fujita, T. Fujii, Y. Nishio, and K. Shibata, “Organic electroluminescent devices with 8-hydroxyquinoline derivative-metal complexes as an emitter,” Japanese Journal of Applied Physics, Part 2, vol. 32, no. 4, pp. L514–L515, 1993.
- Z.-A. Jian, Y.-Z. Luo, J.-M. Chung, et al., “Effects of isomeric transformation on characteristics of Alq3 amorphous layers prepared by vacuum deposition at various substrate temperatures,” Journal of Applied Physics, vol. 101, no. 12, Article ID 123708, 6 pages, 2007.
- L. S. Sapochak, A. Falkowitz, K. F. Ferris, S. Steinberg, and P. E. Burrows, “Supramolecular structures of zinc (II) (8-quinolinolato) chelates,” Journal of Physical Chemistry B, vol. 108, no. 25, pp. 8558–8566, 2004.
- N. Donzé, P. Péchy, M. Grätzel, M. Schaer, and L. Zuppiroli, “Quinolinate zinc complexes as electron transporting layers in organic light-emitting diodes,” Chemical Physics Letters, vol. 315, no. 5-6, pp. 405–410, 1999.
- Y. Kai, M. Moraita, N. Yasuka, and N. Kasai, “The crystal and molecular structure of anhydrous zinc 8-quinolinolate complex, ,” Bulletin of the Chemical Society of Japan, vol. 58, no. 6, pp. 1631–1635, 1985.
- M. Ghedini, M. La Deda, I. Aiello, and A. Grisolia, “Synthesis and photophysical characterisation of soluble photoluminescent metal complexes with substituted 8-hydroxyquinolines,” Synthetic Metals, vol. 138, no. 1-2, pp. 189–192, 2003.
- T. A. Hopkins, K. Meerholz, S. Shaheen et al., “Substituted aluminum and zinc quinolates with blue-shifted absorbance/luminescence bands: synthesis and spectroscopic, photoluminescence, and electroluminescence characterization,” Chemistry of Materials, vol. 8, no. 2, pp. 344–351, 1996.
- B. S. Xu, Y. Y. Hao, H. Wang, H. F. Zhou, X. G. Liu, and M. W. Chen, “The effects of crystal structure on optical absorption/photoluminescence of bis(8-hydroxyquinoline)zinc,” Solid State Communications, vol. 136, no. 6, pp. 318–322, 2005.
- T. Gavrilko, R. Fedorovich, G. Dovbeshko et al., “FTIR spectroscopic and STM studies of vacuum deposited aluminium (III) 8-hydroxyquinoline thin films,” Journal of Molecular Structure, vol. 704, no. 1–3, pp. 163–168, 2004.
- H. C. Pan, F. P. Liang, C. J. Mao, J. J. Zhu, and H. Y. Chen, “Highly luminescent zinc(II)-bis(8-hydroxyquinoline) complex nanorods: sonochemical synthesis, characterizations, and protein sensing,” Journal of Physical Chemistry B, vol. 111, no. 20, pp. 5767–5772, 2007.
- S. Y. Oh, C. H. Lee, E. S. Jung, J. W. Choi, and P. J. Jung, “Characteristics of organic EL device using PDPMA and heat-treated 8-hydroxyquinoline-zinc complex,” Molecular Crystals and Liquid Crystals Science and Technology Section A, vol. 371, pp. 459–462, 2001.
- S. Kumar, A. K. Biswas, V. K. Shukla, A. Awasthi, R. S. Anand, and J. Narain, “Application of spectroscopic ellipsometry to probe the environmental and photo-oxidative degradation of poly(p-phenylenevinylene) (PPV),” Synthetic Metals, vol. 139, no. 3, pp. 751–753, 2003.
- S. Kumar, V. K. Shukla, and A. Tripathi, “Ellipsometric investigations on the light induced effects on tris(8-hydroxyquinoline) aluminum (Alq3),” Thin Solid Films, vol. 477, no. 1-2, pp. 240–243, 2005.
- V. K. Shukla, S. Kumar, and D. Deva, “Light induced effects on the morphology and optical properties of tris-(8-hydroxyquinoline) aluminium (Alq3) small molecular thin film,” Synthetic Metals, vol. 156, no. 5-6, pp. 387–391, 2006.
- V. K. Shukla, S. Kumar, and D. Deva, “AFM studies on formation of new phase responsible for enhanced photoluminescence in light-emitting small molecular thin films,” Journal of Luminescence, vol. 121, no. 1, pp. 132–136, 2006.
- V. K. Shukla and S. Kumar, “Study of optical properties and light induced effects on Inq3 thin film used in organic light emitting devices,” Optical Materials, vol. 29, no. 12, pp. 1809–1816, 2007.
- V. K. Shukla and S. Kumar, “Investigations of environmental induced effects on AlQ3 thin films by AFM phase imaging,” Applied Surface Science, vol. 253, no. 16, pp. 6848–6853, 2007.
- V. K. Shukla and S. Kumar, “Conversion of a green light emitting zinc-quinolate complex thin film to a stable and highly packed blue emitter film,” Synthetic Metals, vol. 160, no. 5-6, pp. 450–454, 2010.
- E. Margapoti, V. Shukla, A. Valore et al., “Excimer emission in single layer electroluminescent devices based on [ir(4, 5-diphenyl-2-methylthiazolo)2(5-methyl-1, 10-phenanthroline)]+ [PF6]-,” Journal of Physical Chemistry C, vol. 113, no. 28, pp. 12517–12522, 2009.